Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
WKO+ 4.0
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know anything? I feel like it has been an incredibly long time since the last update and, since TP retired their forums on July 1st, this seems like the logical place to publicly ask. They also seemed to have obfuscated references to it on their website and social media. Is it just vaporware or are we going to see something soon? I, for one, and particularly excited about having a better interface for the application as a whole. The last one wasn't bad, it's just really dated at this point.

--------------------

Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [boulderoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Soon. Unless you are jaded, then never.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ask again in about a week.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what you guys said a week ago :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously vaporware. 17 months and counting since originally announced release date. They must have realized they make more money from online subscriptions than desktop software. The only question is: how did they not think about this before announcing a release date?

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [captainfranz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It obviously exist as Andrew has been showing screenshots for weeks now on the facebook page, just a question when us mere mortals can get our hands on it?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wondering what major catastrophe might have delayed it for so long short of having to rewrite it from scratch.

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The realization that simply updating WKO3 to support the new models and features wasn't going to cut it caused them to come to the conclusion that a rewrite from the ground up was better for the long term for WKO4. If too many great ideas are a catastrophe then I guess it was pretty catastrophic ;)

There is a preview of it here -

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Last edited by: rbuike: Jul 18, 15 17:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
captainfranz wrote:
Just wondering what major catastrophe might have delayed it for so long short of having to rewrite it from scratch.

Entirely new program written for a new operating system* by one person.

*Several, really, since both Apple and Microsoft have released major updates while WKO4 has been under development.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
captainfranz wrote:

Entirely new program written for a new operating system* by one person.

*Several, really, since both Apple and Microsoft have released major updates while WKO4 has been under development.

Devoting only a single resource is a clear indication that WKO4 doesn't rank very high in the trainingpeaks buisness plan. They also can't see it generating much revenue and that there is nothing left on the table by coming to the market late. Unfortunately it also doesn't fill me with confidence that WKO4 will get timely updates or new features... just as wko3 hasn't gotten a single new feature in 5 years.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantelones wrote:
Unfortunately it also doesn't fill me with confidence that WKO4 will get timely updates or new features... just as wko3 hasn't gotten a single new feature in 5 years.

I think you may be right on that.

Maybe we will see some of the advanced stuff slowly transition into the online TrainingPeaks.com offering as they learn to optimise the algorithms and hardware costs reduce.

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantelones wrote:
Devoting only a single resource is a clear indication that WKO4 doesn't rank very high in the trainingpeaks buisness plan.

WKO4 isn't being developed by TrainingPeaks.

Pantelones wrote:
it also doesn't fill me with confidence that WKO4 will get timely updates or new features.

In part, that will depend on the end-users. Perhaps you have something you'd like to see added? Depending on what it is, there may still be time.
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [Silvercivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Silvercivic27 wrote:
That's what you guys said a week ago :)

Oops - you're right. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Pantelones wrote:
Devoting only a single resource is a clear indication that WKO4 doesn't rank very high in the trainingpeaks buisness plan.

Pantelones wrote:
it also doesn't fill me with confidence that WKO4 will get timely updates or new features.

In part, that will depend on the end-users. Perhaps you have something you'd like to see added? Depending on what it is, there may still be time.

Will it be sold via TP?

Will it have the option automatically import past files that are currently living in the TP cloud?
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Pantelones wrote:

Pantelones wrote:

Will it be sold via TP?

Will it have the option automatically import past files that are currently living in the TP cloud?

Yes, and yes (also automatic export, i.e., WKO4 and Premium accounts are automatically synched).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I've just received an email telling me I can buy it! Wow! It's finally here!
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not only for Mac, but Mac only until Windows 10 comes out. Hell froze over
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's here for Mac

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/products/wko4

Rodney
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Way.

Where's my credit card?...

cheers
S.

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [krull_etc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
krull_etc wrote:
Not only for Mac, but Mac only until Windows 10 comes out. Hell froze over

Wth is this hipster shit :c

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
It's here for Mac

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/products/wko4

Here is Hunter's post to the wattage list:

"Announcing WKO4 for Mac!

It’s hard to believe that we launched Version 1.1 right here on this list nearly 11 years ago. It has been an exciting road and have many of you to thank for helping all of the power community in advancing knowledge about training with a power meter. We have been working hard over the past three years on WKO4 for Mac. We are excited to announce some incredible new advancements in training with power and data analysis. We made this for you and the members of the wattage list. We hope you enjoy it!

Give it a try !

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/products/wko4/

Hunter Allen
Kevin Williams
Dr. Andrew R. Coggan
Tim Cusick
And all the Team at TrainingPeaks!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone who has never used wko nor done any research on it, can someone explain what the benefits are for wko? What can I expect to get out of it? How can I use it?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: WKO+ 4.0 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
As someone who has never used wko nor done any research on it, can someone explain what the benefits are for wko? What can I expect to get out of it? How can I use it?

Check out one of the upcoming WKO4 webinars. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/8296003615903734273

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a user of both Mac and Windows computers.....will I have to buy WKO4 twice to put it on 2 computers? Or will there be some sort of licensing system so I can download it on both? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rmt wrote:
So I've just received an email telling me I can buy it! Wow! It's finally here!

YAY!!! WKO+ 4.0 is out!

BOO!!! Apple Mac Only.

BOO!!! BOO!!!!!!!!!!! That's worse than online-only.

But congratulations to Hunter et al on getting it shipped. It's been a long time coming.
Quote Reply

Prev Next