Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
rferic18 wrote:
Besty is acting like a bitch

Don't worry Betsy, your 15 minutes of "fame" still has a few more minuted left on the clock. You might be able to milk another appearance on Anderson Cooper and you will get money from LA in some type of suit (which is the goal all along)

Wow, just wow.

Lance pursued her for over 10 years. Her family lost jobs and financial compensation. She was personally insulted and vilified. She had the courage to stand up and tell the truth. Lance made her life a living hell for 10 years. And you think she wants 15 minutes of fame? Really? You should read up a little on what her and Frankie went through, and how they had to survive.

Comments like yours just make internet forums look like a huge mistake.

But hey, at least he didn't call her fat, right?

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
rferic18 wrote:

From my cheap seat, i have to ask "WGAS/WGAF what she has to say about anything?"

In this whole thing of massive doping, cover-ups, bribes, etc that LA is accused of, admitted to, guilty of, etc, she is, by far, the smallest cog in the chainring, yet she gets mentioned in the same sentence.

Don't worry Betsy, your 15 minutes of "fame" still has a few more minuted left on the clock. You might be able to milk another appearance on Anderson Cooper and you will get money from LA in some type of suit (which is the goal all along)

You are either completely clueless or you are related to Lance.

Her family's life was turned completely upside down by Lance and you see it as money grabbing. Unreal.

She may be a small chainring to you, but she is one of a long list of people that once called Lance a friend, only to have their lives ruined by him. It is the reprehensible behavior to save his own ass that will define him, much more than admitting, only under extreme pressure, that he is a doper, a liar, and a fraud.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by ........ [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [shovelhd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will have to say, after watching the interview, and unbelievable as it is, my view on Lance has changed.

I did not think it possible...

But it has...

I am hard pressed to think of a big self-absorbed douche in the world...

And there are a lot of them.

I think if there was someone dying, Lance was there to be able to help save them, but in doing so, that person had information that would keep Lance from riding again...

He would just sit and watch that person die.

As bad as my image was of the slime ball before... hearing him talk and hearing his wheels grinding of it getting him back in the sport....

Unbelievable
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PT wrote:
Lance hooked her one in the lobby?
My first laugh of the day ...welll done.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
vitalstatistix wrote:
What does JRenfro think of the interview?
I miss that guy, he used to have some hilarious departures from reality.

JRenfro is gone but cyclops is still here...we also need giuseppe, TriBeer, and a few others...
Funny that in 2000 when the likes of Uli, me and a few others were saying he's doped, everyone was
telling us to shut the hell up, or were accusing the dirty french ;-)

while i agree that we have to face the fact that Lance doped, i think we can still dislike the French. i mean come on, you know what those people are like.
;-)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by ........ [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Cheese eating surrender monkeys!

bless you Willy. that made me laugh so hard i cried. and I didn't cry when me own father was hung for stealing a pig.

ok, back to your regularly scheduled Lancing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [rferic18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

At least she is credible, unlike Lance.

She is owning Lance right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disagree, I 've been trained by two veteran fighter pilots....one a with a Silver Cross. They were men of great integrity. That was cute and macho of you to say , but on behalf of my mentors and friends ,very disrespectful and not true. but
vibrolux wrote:
I've followed him for most of his career. He's always been a jerk. Most Navy fighter pilots are also. Trust me, you want them that way.

P.S. I don't do pink font.....

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [carlsomi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think Betsy on CNN is a bitch at all, she came across as a passionate, angry, frustrated woman who after 10 years of being crucified by the big liar Lance she just can't believe that when asked directly in the interview about her Lance still chooses to LIE . She was willing to give him a chance and Lance just blew it big time - I respect her so much for spitting nails on CNN and calling Lance out once again no matter the cost......you ROCK Betsy!

I completely agree.

However, there are still a lot of Lance lovers and they will attack her, just wait and see the responses you get here in the LR.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [eriqp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did this interview actually change anyone's opinions?

I can't say that the interview changed my opinion but rather that it changed over the past few years. I had been a big supporter but started to slowly change as former USPS guys like Heras, Floyd and Tyler started getting nabbed once they were with different teams, and then as some of the other stories started to come out. Reading "The Secret Race" when it came out was the clincher for me. I felt that he was candid for the most part last night but somehow still coming off like a jerk in doing so.

Biggest thing I agreed with last night was him saying early on that his admission was years too late. I also agree with a few other replies in this thread where he's likely holding off on naming names (no mention of Bruyneel at all) and talking more about Ferrari until he meets with USADA/WADA. I also think that he wasn't totally honest about a few things, namely the donation to the UCI or what happened with Betsy Andreu (odd how he felt the need to make clear that he never called her fat). Looking forward to Part 2 tonight.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes or no, did NIKE encourage you to dope? Did any of your sponsors know you or any of your team members were doping?

sometimes
Last edited by: mustangchef: Jan 18, 13 6:34
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing that I do believe LA was truthful on was when he said that he "loves cycling," as an activity.

Who cares about that?

I know lots of people who love cycling as an activity and it's not that hard to be truthful about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [sbrxxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which is why I posted earlier, if they were ALL on PEDs, then the playing field was even and thus he MUST'VE been the better athlete after all! Not that it makes right. Just saying. . . .

What you are just saying is that you are still buying into the myth of Lance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
* he said his donation to the UCI came from a request from them and he said "I have money, I'm retired....why not?" Except he wasn't retired when he made the donation.

Yeah, I caught that too and it is something that Oprah really has no chance to address but it just shows that he continues to lie through his teeth and hopefully most people are just not buying it and think like I do and that is that he came off as even more of a jerk than I thought. And that is saying a lot because I thought he was the world's biggest jerk before the interview.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FJB wrote:

At least she is credible, unlike Lance.

She is owning Lance right now.

Yea but she minimizes her own husbands doping and lying.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [eriqp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eriqp wrote:
i've read 11 pages of posts. and i have one question...

did this interview actually change anyone's opinions?

this whole interview is like people who post their agendas on fb. put it out there but in the end, everyone still has the same opinion about it.

When I think about the interview this morning, my opinion of him has changed based upon the interview.

It has gotten worse.

This interview could have been an opportunity to come clean and take responsibility. He was half hearted in admission in every response after the yes/no portion. His whole discussion about 3 to 1 is a "score" and he never called Besty "fat" (along with a chuckle and sly grin) came across as calculating and vindicative and self perserving as I thought he was. But to be that person in that forum with the opportunity he had, it shows he is neither sorry for what he did or who he hurt, but is still in "perserve Lance" and defend his space mode. The whole discussion on not doping in during his comeback is not credible (when balanced against blod values reports). The double talk about the post dated TUE for the 2001 Tour de Swiss shows he is still a compulsive liar and I'm not even sure he can sort out the truth and the lies.

He has a long way to go really be honset, reconcile with those he hurt and show he is not just doing this to feed his ego. Perhaps tonight's installment he will be more apolgetic and take responsibility and not come across as a self absorbed prick. Perhaps.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have lied. It's a simple fact.

I have made my point and will not be dragged down to your level of lies and insults. Feel free to continue down the low road and I will continue down the high road and stop responding to you here...or man up admit your nonsense and stick to mature discussion instead of insults.

Ha ha ha ha.

I was worried about you to be honest. I know how much you love Lance and it must be hard for you to hear that he actually admitted using drugs, something you consistently refused to believe. Hopefully his admission will slowly sink in and you too will accept that he is just another human that lied for his own good.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [GT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed GT, after all the gloss and then a good nights sleep, my first thoughts this morning were about how Lance had ruined some peoples lives. That's the bottom line for me.
GT wrote:
SayHey Kid wrote:
rferic18 wrote:

Wow, just wow.

Lance pursued her for over 10 years. Her family lost jobs and financial compensation. She was personally insulted and vilified. She had the courage to stand up and tell the truth. Lance made her life a living hell for 10 years. And you think she wants 15 minutes of fame? Really? You should read up a little on what her and Frankie went through, and how they had to survive.

Comments like yours just make internet forums look like a huge mistake.

But hey, at least he didn't call her fat, right?

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FJB wrote:
You have lied. It's a simple fact.

I have made my point and will not be dragged down to your level of lies and insults. Feel free to continue down the low road and I will continue down the high road and stop responding to you here...or man up admit your nonsense and stick to mature discussion instead of insults.

Ha ha ha ha.

I was worried about you to be honest. I know how much you love Lance and it must be hard for you to hear that he actually admitted using drugs, something you consistently refused to believe. Hopefully his admission will slowly sink in and you too will accept that he is just another human that lied for his own good.

Thanks for your concern but you really should try to stick to what people actually say instead of making shit up to push your personal agenda. The worst part for people like you and jack is that your statements can be proven false with a simple search on this forum.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by vibrolux [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [sbrxxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And another point: assuming he's clean of late, he's won a few triathlons recently, even some halts.

Why would anyone believe he is clean of late?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This interview is the first time it looks like he may be growing or maturing.

I watched it twice and my take is the opposite. He showed "humility" on the easy questions but then went on the attack or claimed a lack of knowledge on the things that would hurt him which shows that he is just as arrogant as ever. It's the old "admit the obvious but create doubt on the things that can hurt you down the road" strategy that his lawyers coached him on well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? The more I hear, the more utterly dispicable he appears to be.

I completely agree. The lives he ruined or tried to ruin just to make himself look good for such a long time makes me think he is just a horrible person.

Those who actually buy into his remorse are just the Lance lovers falling for the celebrity all over again.
Quote Reply

Prev Next