Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [johnmoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnmoon wrote:
Lance is psychotic ! He is one one of the most twisted individuals I have ever watched. Something is wrong with him. What a worthless, selfesh, piece of Sh**.

I can't buy the logic that he's done a lot of good. His foundation is a farce. How can this man be a positive influence with anyone with cancer.

Well I know I wouldn't be racing if it wasn't for him so whatever happens now Is better than him never coming through
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
Are all the shows on this channel this compelling?!?

Just this one. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm no body language expert, but I did watch Lie to Me a few times , so i noticed he nodded his head up and down (yes) a lot when he said "no." Specifically about the UCI.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Recoverie wrote:
atomic916 wrote:
He is definately looking very uncomfortable. Not sure if I believe what he's saying, and I think there is a lot he is not saying.

It's clear just from his body language that his answers are very calculated. This is not a "no holds bar" interview. It's hand made for TV audiences. Just imagine what kind of boost this gives Oprah's ratings.

Disagree, his body language is in the other direction. constantly fidgeting, can't keep his hands still. That doesn't look forced to me. He looks very ill ease. Can you imagine looking at clips of yourself lying whilst holding your kids and sharing that with millions of viewers.

I interview and interrogate people for a living. I tend to agree with Gandalf's take on this.

The video shown of his 2005 SCA deposition is a good comparison point. We all know he was lying during that depo and his body language in that depo video was indicative of that. Body language is very different in this interview. You want to see textbook lying with corresponding body language? Watch Roger Clemens' 60 Minutes interview.

Sure... his answers are guarded and calculated and he's not being 100% candid but he's not blatantly lying his ass off or anything. He and his lawyers could easily predict the questions Oprah would ask. It's not rocket science.

I 100% believe he's holding off on naming names and throwing people under the boss until he can get in front of WADA/USADA/Whoever. He has nothing to gain from outing everyone on Oprah.

I also think he is playing a good PR card. He's blaming himself and not others and he's not being a snitch in public. No one likes a snitch. This will gain him sympathy points in the public in the lead up to when he needs to talk to WADA. He can do the snitching under closed doors. Giving it away now is a bad public move and he loses any leverage for a future date. This has obviously been well planned out by him/legal team/pr team.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
johnmoon wrote:
Lance is psychotic ! He is one one of the most twisted individuals I have ever watched. Something is wrong with him. What a worthless, selfesh, piece of Sh**.

I can't buy the logic that he's done a lot of good. His foundation is a farce. How can this man be a positive influence with anyone with cancer.

Take a deep breath and relax dude.

This is a Lance hater's Halley Comet, they may never get another chance like this again.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [The Phoenix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeezus, so is the POTUS! All of them. That's what it takes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [jaelinfunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is sort of impossible to know for sure, also impossible to know if you wouldn't have ended up doing something even better than racing =)

jaelinfunk wrote:
Well I know I wouldn't be racing if it wasn't for him so whatever happens now Is better than him never coming through

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livestrong bracelet on right arm
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy is human, just like us. I know most people, like my parents, just want you to tell the truth. "Don't lie," Dad and Mom always told my brother and I. It did help that my Dad worked for a time in law enforcement and studied criminal behavior. He could tell just by our body language and eye movement if we were lying or telling the truth.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's true but it's a bit particular for me I just started racing less than a year ago when lance made his ironman debut basically
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vibrolux wrote:

I don't know this one - what is POTUS?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [rferic18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LIsten Betsy... I've called you a bitch and crazy... but I did not call you fat!!!

Betsy: oh... alright.. we are good again. I had it all wrong!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
The guy is human, just like us.

dunno bro...I'm looking at my power files and I don't think he is just like me.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [rferic18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it matter if he is lying about anything or everything in this interview? No, it doesnt matter until they test every single rider from every race within the past 7 years and do a complete blackout of all race results for athletes who test positive for banned substances.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Tri-livin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-livin wrote:
LIsten Betsy... I've called you a bitch and crazy... but I did not call you fat!!!

Betsy: oh... alright.. we are good again. I had it all wrong!

Oprah's WTF look was priceless

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
President of The United States
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, ha - thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
President do the United States
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
vibrolux wrote:

I don't know this one - what is POTUS?

President of the United States
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Recoverie wrote:
The guy is human, just like us.

dunno bro...I'm looking at my power files and I don't think he is just like me.

Well done, Jack!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd have to agree, a whole lot of incredibly unrealistic expectations on here. A lot of holier than thou, but if posters on this board had a similar, easy way to succeed in their chosen profession, I'd say there would be a high level of acceptance. (especially if the rest of the people in your company were getting promoted over you)

I think the correct analogy for Oprah would be - "If you were an up and coming anchor/talk show host, and there was something you could do that would immediately send your ratings sky high with a tiny chance of getting caught, would you do it?"

I would say 95% would.

I never thought Lance wasn't doping, and I'm still waiting for the entire rest of the peleton to own up. A drop in the ocean, we've got juniors getting nailed, masters getting nailed. System is broken, and the rewards are too high.

Until there are actual penalties, and actual ways to catch athletes, this will go on and on.

Does it suck for those few that play fair? Absolutely. Any real solution? Still waiting...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+10

Edit: <to GMAN and to FisH2O>
Last edited by: ironpsych: Jan 17, 13 19:23
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [chrisshannon369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every pro cyclist has been tested, and everyone who tested positive has been removed from the results already.

next?

chrisshannon369 wrote:
Does it matter if he is lying about anything or everything in this interview? No, it doesnt matter until they test every single rider from every race within the past 7 years and do a complete blackout of all race results for athletes who test positive for banned substances.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is triathlon gonna be mentioned even once? I mean it was the first and last sport he has done
Quote Reply

Prev Next