Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [ironyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May be one of the best ones so far
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maui5150 wrote:
David B wrote:
Is Lance actually in therapy or was he lying about that too? I was glad Oprah brought it up but it's never been reported that he's seeing a therapist that I know of (and you would think that the press would find out). After lying about everything else I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he's too awesome to need it, but he definitely does.

Attending therapy and being in therapy are TWO COMPLETELY different things.

I remember quotes when I was reading my ex's emails (and she was a piece of work) but she would often right how bored she was, hating the waste of time, but she would go through therapy to make it look like she was making an effort.

Therapy these days seems like the Hollywood get out of jail card... Opps... I screwed up.. Let me spend a few weeks at a resort, blame it on an addiction, seem vulnerable, and if people pick on me, then they are jerks for picking on someone who is crying out for help.

Sort of like hiding behind a cancer shield

My read, if Lance is indeed in therapy, it is all for show, for image and appearances.

While he may have raised a lot of money for cancer, he also siphoned a lot of money off too. A ton of the Livestrong money went to "Legal" expenses, and remember in the last few years as this spun up, the legal fees went up like 300%. Suing people into the ground costs money. So not only was that money taken away from those suffering with cancer, much of it was used to inflict pain on the innocent, or at least those who were trying to tell the truth, despite their own guilt and motivations.

Anyone that can do that for a decade can lie to your face, cry crocodile tears and will use anything and everything to manipulate and get back what they think they deserve, no matter how delusional, and regardless of who gets hurt and how much it costs.

"LEGALSTRONG"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [QRNub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRNub wrote:
He said she got run over, not I or we ran her over. A subtle, but distinct, difference.

Unless the BBC transcript is lying, he said: "we ran over her, we bullied her."

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Eppur si muove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://on.aol.com/...lys-claims-517647104

About 20 seconds in is the comment that struck a chord with me, the passive "she got run over" is not the same as an active "I did that." One the one hand, he's making great strides admitting he (or "we") bullied people, on the other, he's not taking it to the specific/personal level. Normally, I would gloss over this as semantics, but after the way he shit all over Emma and Betsy I'm disappointed he skirted responsibility. Disappointed in Oprah too. I wish she had said "I have to lay down on that one? WTF does that mean? You said you'd be open and honest."
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [QRNub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i literally just taught a lesson on the active and passive voice.

"an offer he could not refuse was made to him" just lacks the same punch, doesn't it?

well played, lance.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
i literally just taught a lesson on the active and passive voice.

"an offer he could not refuse was made to him" just lacks the same punch, doesn't it?

well played, lance.

-mike

Except for the fact that elsewhere in the interview he makes the same point in the active voice, using the first person. So much for that theory.

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Eppur si muove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The BBC transcript is wrong. Compare the video I linked to the transcript in the section labeled "Damage to others"
Quote Reply

Prev Next