Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys, was traveling the past 2 nights and missed the interviews. Have looked several places for the full interviews with no luck. Anyone know where I can find them? Thanks, Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
. wrote:
Almost a tearshed moment talking about his son!

If that is really is his son. I have expect some of the morbidly obsessed haters out there are pouring through the financial statements of Livestrong to see if Lance had hired a kid to pretend to be his son
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
Hanaki wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
no, she's hot. Smart, passionate, moral backbone.

Moral backbone. That is a laugh. Her husband doped and she knew about it. She spent that money just like the other wives.

Can we all agree that we'd lay down some decent pay per view coin to watch Betsy interview Lance? I would lift my ban of the word "epic" for that one.

I think a reality show where he has to face each one of them on every episode. And the the grand finale where they all give him a celebrity roast and/or they can chose one of the regular comedians to deliver the roast. Damn I wish Greg Giraldo was still alive.

Calling Comedy Central now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gandalf wrote:
J_R wrote:
Hanaki wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
no, she's hot. Smart, passionate, moral backbone.

Moral backbone. That is a laugh. Her husband doped and she knew about it. She spent that money just like the other wives.

Can we all agree that we'd lay down some decent pay per view coin to watch Betsy interview Lance? I would lift my ban of the word "epic" for that one.

I think a reality show where he has to face each one of them on every episode. And the the grand finale where they all give him a celebrity roast and/or they can chose one of the regular comedians to deliver the roast. Damn I wish Greg Giraldo was still alive.

Calling Comedy Central now

Or he could just give them each a big pile of money. That's the likely outcome.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That makes sense I suppose. Anyone else notice the gesture he makes like he's holding a ball and twisting it? It makes me think of an analogy; "here I have this ball of shit, I'm trying to get control of it, but the more I handle it, the more shit I get on myself"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the interview, his body language is showing he's uncomfortable making this confession. Maybe this is new territory for him, and despite his efforts to put on a good show for the cameras, he knows he can't control it anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's not used to faking remorse, or displaying emotion other than anger
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ran across this today; http://www.guardian.co.uk/...ce-armstrong-cycling

Does anyone know if that exchange (end of article) with Lemond and L.A.'s mother supposedly actually happened? Or did the author just make that up to try to prove some point? This is the first I have ever heard of this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kathy lemond swears it did. they were close with lances mom for a few years.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's true, that's just crazy. A mother will overlook a LOT of bad things in her child. If his mom really thought he was an asshole, then he was probably pretty damn bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you see Andy S said Lance could not have doped in 2009 because he came in 3rd. Says if Lance doped he would of beat him so thats the proof....................Sooooo AC was doped cause he came in first? too funny
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
Wow, and the French are going to have a field day with this.

I doubt you'll hear much from them. I have French colleagues who I've discussed this with in the past. Generally, they really don't care because they believe that there was nobody riding competitively during that era who did not dope, American, French or other. They're just glad that the suspicions they've had all along have now been proved to be true. I doubt you'll hear much gloating because of the glass house effect.

BTW, I saw LA at the athlete sign-in ceremony in 2009 at the beginning of the Montellimar to Mont Ventoux stage. The French crowd was extremely supportive of him, more-so than they were for the holder of the yellow jersey on that day: Contador.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anitan1 wrote:
Recoverie wrote:

I doubt you'll hear much from them. I have French colleagues who I've discussed this with in the past. Generally, they really don't care because they believe that there was nobody riding competitively during that era who did not dope, American, French or other. They're just glad that the suspicions they've had all along have now been proved to be true. I doubt you'll hear much gloating because of the glass house effect.

BTW, I saw LA at the athlete sign-in ceremony in 2009 at the beginning of the Montellimar to Mont Ventoux stage. The French crowd was extremely supportive of him, more-so than they were for the holder of the yellow jersey on that day: Contador.

Good points. Yeah, knowing most of the top riders, including French ones, were on the juice, if they point a finger at LA, they'll have three or more pointing back at them. Yet, I have a hunch that not all the French are hateful toward LA.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
Thank god he dedicated his life to winning bike races and banging chicks or we'd be looking at the all time record holder serial killer.

for the record...i think that's quite a bit out of line to make a statement like that. maybe you should think twice before submitting something like this?

Really? For me this... Having followed the entire thread this is one of the funniest quotes in it.... This is what I come to slowtwitch for...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [squall88uk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squall88uk wrote:
KAlber wrote:
ericM35-39 wrote:
Thank god he dedicated his life to winning bike races and banging chicks or we'd be looking at the all time record holder serial killer.

for the record...i think that's quite a bit out of line to make a statement like that. maybe you should think twice before submitting something like this?

Really? For me this... Having followed the entire thread this is one of the funniest quotes in it.... This is what I come to slowtwitch for...

I agree. Your statement is completely out of line and uncalled for. You can't make comments like that on slowtwitch. Banging chicks and killing people. Come on, kids read these posts ;-).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [anitan1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect that the hatred was more directed at his inference that he was clean when the French guessed he was as dirty as the rest.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
Why should we hate him? He learnt the language, trained here, ate our food and appreciated our fine wines and finer women.
European fans at large tend to be educated about cycling, and it pains us to see a great talent, a guy who could have made quite a few firsts on one day classics, throw it away for tainted glory.
Most people here tend to agree that Armstrong, however bad he was at times, is just the symptom of a disease at the top of the UCI.

G

http://brokeniron.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1999 Samples question:

Aside from Lances samples, was it ever revealed how many or what percentage of sample where positive. Not necessarily names, just quantity?
Last edited by: sdmike: Jan 20, 13 7:08
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Philb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philb wrote:
I suspect that the hatred was more directed at his inference that he was clean when the French guessed he was as dirty as the rest.

You stated it right - the French were "guessing".
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sdmike wrote:
1999 Samples question:

Aside from Lances samples, was it ever revealed how many or what percentage of sample where positive. Not necessarily names, just quantity?

I undestood from all this that Lance never actually tested positive for any substance. It was the biological passport that basically stated his elevated blood levels were indicative of cheating, probably moer along the line of blood transfussion than EPO. It was the testimony along with causal evidence that did him in - not a smoking gun drug test.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was an educated guess compared to the american belief that he just trained harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's something I dont like about the 1999 samples being retested years later for epo when they finally got a test for it. Hell, I guess here's my whole stance on the entire doping issue. If you dont have a test for something, I kinda find it weird/hard to believe you can actually say it's ban. Only because it seems like there is no way to detect it, so it's kinda like an "honor" system. And I'd rather it be a situation where the procedures can test and determine if XYZ is in your system at the time of the test. Not having to wait 8 more years to validate the achievement or not. If that really is the procedures that we are using, just seems like it's false hope.

And with that being said, I probaly realize that the dopers will always be ahead of the curve, and maybe that's the only solution to the problem. I just kinda have issues with the entire timing of the process.

ETA: I'm bringing this up, not because Lance is the most "tested" athlete or that he passed all those countless tests. I'm bringing it up, because at the basic level, testing is what we are suppose to believe in. So if the system is built into place to kinda have a fail safe backup plan, is there any point in really announcing the test results in the 1st place?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Last edited by: BDoughtie: Jan 20, 13 8:15
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still don't think he doped. He could just be saying he did it so he could race again.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont really care if he did or didnt dope (but come on). He's now an sanctioned athlete and as such, has to live with being an official doper. I dont know if you are actually trolling with that comment, so I dont know if I'm allowed to respond to what makes you think that, but anyways, nevermind.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no problems with them retesting years later, as long as it was banned at the time the sample was taken. It's like using the advancement of DNA testing on old samples at crime scenes many years after they were taken ... Like in cold cases.

Baseball, on the other hand, is kind of tricky. Some of those guys are villified for taking substances that weren't banned at the time.

Prev Next