Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [sbrxxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sbrxxx wrote:

Which is why I posted earlier, if they were ALL on PEDs, then the playing field was even and thus he MUST'VE been the better athlete after all! Not that it makes right. Just saying. . . .

HS.
Just saying what? how many times does this false premise need to be stricken down?

O2 vector doping helps dopers with naturally lower HCT more than it helps dopers with naturally high HCT. So from physiological stand point, it ain't an even playing field when you bring in EPO.

But in addition to the physiological benefit he was able to reap b/c of his lower HCT, Lance also did the following:

Lance had Ferrari all to himself while others ended up with the less skilled Fuentes. Again not a level field.

Landis and Hamilton alleges that Lance called in the UCI on his rivals who were doping. Again not a level field.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still baffled why he did not admit to the conversation in the hospital in 1996. Who was he trying to protect from team Motorola? He just made Betsy more irate which, at this point is a bad move.

Wasn't there other people in the room that testified under oath that Lance didn't say those things? I thought perhaps he was trying to protect the doctors and others that were there.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I'm still baffled why he did not admit to the conversation in the hospital in 1996. Who was he trying to protect from team Motorola? He just made Betsy more irate which, at this point is a bad move.

He is trying to protect himself. Still lying and still a long way to go till he is done with this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:

Wasn't there other people in the room that testified under oath that Lance didn't say those things? I thought perhaps he was trying to protect the doctors and others that were there.

winner winner chicken dinner
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [rferic18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rferic18 wrote:
Besty is acting like a bitch

We can all officially put this coward, who hides behind a fake name on the list of dickbag misogynists who deserve no place of respect in life, or sport.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [eriqp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many people I know personally have changed their opinions over the last few months, yes.

eriqp wrote:
i've read 11 pages of posts. and i have one question...

did this interview actually change anyone's opinions?

this whole interview is like people who post their agendas on fb. put it out there but in the end, everyone still has the same opinion about it.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which way?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [ironpsych] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFS, if you would just read the Reasoned Decision and The Secret Race you would know that is totally not true.

ironpsych wrote:

BayAreaUser wrote:
Recoverie wrote:
sweeneytoad wrote:
Now I know why LA was able to rocket away from other riders when in those mountain stages as if he was just out for a "Sunday drive." Sure, he said he was hurting, but, he had additional help in the form of PED's.

No you don't. They were on PEDs too
I'll concede to that. So in the end, LA was the best of the dopers?
+100

And add that he is likely a better genetic specimen. At that level, PEDs add that extra 1%. So LA's 99% was likely better than everyone else's 99%. Even with PEDs he was only winning mountain stages by 10-15 secs. They were all juiced.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Many people I know personally have changed their opinions over the last few months, yes.

eriqp wrote:

this whole interview is like people who post their agendas on fb. put it out there but in the end, everyone still has the same opinion about it.

Jack, that's nice and all but that wasn't an answer to the actual question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That isn't how oxygen vector doping works, and they were NOT all juiced.

ironpsych wrote:
BayAreaUser wrote:
Recoverie wrote:
sweeneytoad wrote:
Now I know why LA was able to rocket away from other riders when in those mountain stages as if he was just out for a "Sunday drive." Sure, he said he was hurting, but, he had additional help in the form of PED's.

No you don't. They were on PEDs too
I'll concede to that. So in the end, LA was the best of the dopers?
+100

And add that he is likely a better genetic specimen. At that level, PEDs add that extra 1%. So LA's 99% was likely better than everyone else's 99%. Even with PEDs he was only winning mountain stages by 10-15 secs. They were all juiced.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironpsych wrote:
Which way?

Everyone I know who has converted their opinion has gone from being a lance fan to not a lance fan.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing that I do believe LA was truthful on was when he said that he "loves cycling," as an activity. I get that. At the end of the day, it is about the bike (except that doping part).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last few months, sure. but my statement was about the interview. =P
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as you've probably said, this is not about racing again, this is about $$, statutes of limitations, and not being proved that he lied under oath.

echappist wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

winner winner chicken dinner

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [eriqp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eriqp wrote:
Quote:
So she is no longer a fan. The worst part for her was hearing how he attacked, bullied, and destroyed anyone who challenged him with the truth. She had no idea.

if she was a fan, wouldn't she have known this? he did this publicly.

I think very few people knew this prior to the usada reasoned decision. I still think a huge portion didnt know this even after usada's report, but anyone who saw opah now knows he is majorly flawed.

She didn't follow him more than very, very casually, but still considered herself a fan. No longer.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance for US president! Politics is in Lance's future. Evade, evade, evade.

Never give up!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just as an aside, didn't Marion Jones end up doing actual jail time? Why not this clown?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else get turned on by that behind-the-desk, leg shot of Erin Burnett on CNN. Damn, she be hot!

Nice teeth, too.

HS.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok ned I will make this simple for you because you are historically too stupid to live:

Yes this interview has changed people's opinions, as have other revelations in the recent past.

I'll also point out for anyone who has any sympathy for Betsy tonight, that Ned here was one of the people, like Lance, who felt compelled to call her a bitch and drag her name through the mud, here on slowtwitch, repeatedly.

Add him to the list of misogynist dickwads here on slowtwitch.

nedbraden wrote:
jackmott wrote:

eriqp wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"FFS, if you would just read the Reasoned Decision and The Secret Race you would know that is totally not true. "

Um, I did read the RD (80%) but did not read The Secret Race.

In short, are you trying to say that Vino, Ulrich, Beloki, et al. were not doping? Nor that they had a team or at least "inner circle" doping program?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
sbrxxx wrote:

Which is why I posted earlier, if they were ALL on PEDs, then the playing field was even and thus he MUST'VE been the better athlete after all! Not that it makes right. Just saying. . . .

HS.

Just saying what? how many times does this false premise need to be stricken down?

O2 vector doping helps dopers with naturally lower HCT more than it helps dopers with naturally high HCT. So from physiological stand point, it ain't an even playing field when you bring in EPO.

But in addition to the physiological benefit he was able to reap b/c of his lower HCT, Lance also did the following:

Lance had Ferrari all to himself while others ended up with the less skilled Fuentes. Again not a level field.

Landis and Hamilton alleges that Lance called in the UCI on his rivals who were doping. Again not a level field.

Easy there, fella! ALL the kettles were black. And I'm assuming you're NOT Lance's personal physician, so therefore what his supposed (or "disclosed") HCT levels were is irrelevant - you simply DON'T know, you don't have this data. What, are we supposed to feel bad for those "less skilled Fuentes'" just because of apologists like you? Please! They were all dirty, and he was the better dirty athlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is saying that oxygen vector does not affect all people equally.

Two equally fast guys, one fast because his hematocrit is naturally super high,another guys fast for other reasons, perhaps efficiency, or slowtwitch muscle fiber makeup, but a low hematocrit.

Give both access to EPO and the 2nd guy will crush the first.

There also may have been people we never heard of, as talented as Ullrich, Lance etc, who never doped, which is why you never heard of them.

Assume for a moment that Jens Voight was clean for instance. Maybe he was one of the best of his era!

ironpsych wrote:
"FFS, if you would just read the Reasoned Decision and The Secret Race you would know that is totally not true. "

Um, I did read the RD (80%) but did not read The Secret Race.

In short, are you trying to say that Vino, Ulrich, Beloki, et al. were not doping? Nor that they had a team or at least "inner circle" doping program?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [sbrxxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pdxjohn wrote:
Just as an aside, didn't Marion Jones end up doing actual jail time? Why not this clown?

She served no time for doping. She served time for lying to the Feds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Ok ned I will make this simple for you because you are historically too stupid to live:

What a surprise, Jackmott goes for the insult. That's about as tough as your drama queen departure from here and then talking shit about Dan and ST on twitter.

Yes this interview has changed people's opinions, as have other revelations in the recent past.

Why is it that it took me calling you out for you to answer the actual question and even then you had to revert to a totally different question as well.

I'll also point out for anyone who has any sympathy for Betsy tonight, that Ned here was one of the people, like Lance, who felt compelled to call her a bitch and drag her name through the mud, here on slowtwitch, repeatedly.

Sorry jack, but I relayed a personal experience I had with her, never called her a bitch or said anything about her except about that personal experience. Are you really so insecure and so obsessed with Armstrong that you have to lie about other people.

Add him to the list of misogynist dickwads here on slowtwitch.

I guess I would be right behind you on that list.

nedbraden wrote:
jackmott wrote:

eriqp wrote:

Quote Reply

Prev Next