Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it put us right to 6k.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick guess, had only $549 to go until hit the $6K mark...

"Grind it til' you find it..."
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [eaz_b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eaz_b wrote:
Quick guess, had only $549 to go until hit the $6K mark...

Yup, after his donation it was at exactly 6,000
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
Ok what's the background to $549. Odd number, with Lance what is it's significance?

Clearly LA is into numerology.

10 and 2= Month and Day of being diagnosed with cancer.
7 number of times he had a yellow jersey at the end of a little race in France.
1 number of balls he is missing.

This is his way attempting to make things right and offset some of his bad karma.

5+4+9 = 10+2+7-1

Either that or that rounded off the gifts to $6k theory

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, Dan is on it. The rest of the Tri mags are pussies. I've gone around the embargo. Fireworks this afternoon. Enjoy.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh of course... This thread is still here. I wouldn't expect dan to come in. I walk back my comment

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
monty wrote:
Too cool, way to go kid. Now time to take this sucker past the first place money!!!

If you consider the taxes/withholding for the $5,000 prize for first, $3,000 "cash" is looking pretty, pretty, pretty good. It's close to being even depending on the tax bracket.

Whomever gets the money should technically still pay taxes on it....and you might have to issue them a 10-99....might wanna do some research on it to avoid problems. Don't wanna get some poor triathlete audited.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
First, Dan is on it. The rest of the Tri mags are pussies. I've gone around the embargo. Fireworks this afternoon. Enjoy.

If you tried to raise $6000 for the opportunity to blow Brett Sutton, Lava Magazine would be all over it. They'd likely start an employee matching program as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice land for the awards ceremony.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastyellow wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
monty wrote:
Too cool, way to go kid. Now time to take this sucker past the first place money!!!

If you consider the taxes/withholding for the $5,000 prize for first, $3,000 "cash" is looking pretty, pretty, pretty good. It's close to being even depending on the tax bracket.

Whomever gets the money should technically still pay taxes on it....and you might have to issue them a 10-99....might wanna do some research on it to avoid problems. Don't wanna get some poor triathlete audited.

And if it's taxed as regular income or prize money might also make a difference in what their net is. I would imagine WTC 1099's pro's for any earnings. Perhaps Brandon can chime back in. If it's regular income, for a pro, that might be a low bracket. It's it's prize money, like from a contest or lottery or game show, the effective tax rate can be much higher rate, upwards of 40%.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Jul 25, 14 12:18
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastyellow wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
monty wrote:

Could it be considered a gift? If so, isn't the donor liable to pay only if the gift is over $14k?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fastyellow wrote:

Your vagina called. It's being audited.

Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FTW!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious but why don't you attack me for the things I say....why attack Wattie? What does Wattie have to do with this? Lots of Watties have donated.

It's me that thinks you're a fucking asshole...not Wattie

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team