Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Maui_ wrote:
WAIT! was that our "loved" Lamby??? or some other "Lamb" guy?

No, he was at Vineman this weekend.
I was wondering if I would see him, and then when I was racing I didnt care. But I did see some dude wearing a bright orange POC aero helmet, and remarked as I passed him like he was standing still, that it was an ugly helmet and made him look like a dick, literally. I just saw that he posted on the Vineman FB thread so I looked at his profile and it was him wearing that helmet! hahaha (for reference here is a link to the helmet: http://www.pocsports.com/en/product/1601/tempor)
Last edited by: patflynnca: Jul 28, 14 10:37
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [wheels2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wheels2 wrote:
I now know what it feels like to finish fourth at the Olympics. Thanks for making it fun to be a crappy BOP pro.

My brother and I were tracking you yesterday and we were sure you were going to run down Ray for the cash. Congrats on another great race and thanks for the entertainment.

-Mike Lamoureux
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gymrat wrote:
ok I am slipping on my tri geek, so please help me out.
Who is the real starky then?

Let me know when you find out...I'm still in the dark on this one...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [patflynnca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But I did see some dude wearing a bright orange POC aero helmet, and remarked as I passed him like he was standing still, that it was an ugly helmet and made him look like a dick, literally.

You said this to a racer, who you didn't know, as you passed them. Wow. I'm confident he isn't the dick in this situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said it in my head, because the helmet looks just like a 'helmet' if you know what I mean. And what I really said in my head was 'wow that helmet looks like the head of a penis'. I may have actually said something encouraging to him, just like I said to everyone else that I said anything to that day. I will stand by my statement that it is an ugly helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [patflynnca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it. I agree, it is an ugly helmet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZackCapets wrote:
gymrat wrote:
ok I am slipping on my tri geek, so please help me out.
Who is the real starky then?

Let me know when you find out...I'm still in the dark on this one...

It's Andrew Messick. He's schizophrenic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The helmet always reminds me of Dumb Donald from the Fat Albert cartoons.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I refuse to read 34 pages.

So what's the lowdown, how does ST feel about this summed up neatly for me?

Thanks! :p

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the last few posts, and my response, a few of us agree that the POC Tempor is, in fact, an ugly helmet, and makes people look like Dumb Donald. That's all I got.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justarunner wrote:

That USAT needs to raise the bar for pro membership so we aren't so lousy with fast AG'ers masquerading as pro's. Fewer pro's, tighter and better prize purses.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Jul 28, 14 14:33
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
justarunner wrote:

That USAT needs to raise the bar for pro membership so we aren't so lousy with fast AG'ers masquerading as pro's. Fewer pro's, tighter and better prize purses.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wasn't too long ago that during the Monday awards luncheon, which got scrapped in 2012 and replaced by the postage stamp stage under a pup tent in the Olympic oval among cafeteria tables and cheap mid morning snacks, that Mike Reilly would announce the next year's race had already sold out. It's 6PM DST and reg is still open. WTF is happening to this iconic race? It was a blast hanging out with the TRS crew yesterday, job well done. Next time, keep the old dude away from the gorilla suit.
I'll wear my Gluten Tolerant band with irreverent pride.
Last edited by: elwoodblues: Jul 28, 14 14:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justarunner wrote:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Placid..._4488.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justarunner wrote:

It's very split down the middle....just like how people look at this stuff generally in life.

Some people believe because you work hard, you should be rewarded regardless of what that work produces. It makes it extra special if you work hard and someone else makes a lot of money....again, regardless of whether you are contributing or not. These folks tend to support this movement.

Some people feel that you should be rewarded based on what you produce. If you're the driving force behind someone making money, you should be compensated for that. If you are not the driving force....well, then that's too bad. These folks tend not to support this movement.

So the question still goes unanswered.....why does 7th place "deserve" anything?

Is it because WTC makes a lot of money? Is it because they work hard? Is it because they contribute to participation? Is it because they drive revenue? Is it because everyone should be able to live the dream of a pro? No one has really given a good answer. At least for me. Saying, "WTC makes all this money, they should pay the pros more." is not good enough. That is making a direct correlation with WTC profits and pros.....does that really exist? If pros were gone tomorrow, how would that effect WTC? Interesting question and certainly not cut and dry.

TRS actually summed it up best with his last statement in the front page interview......

TRS: "From my point of view, I have loaned my genius to shine a bright spotlight on the issue of compensation for professional triathletes. It is now up to the professional athletes to act. If a group doesn't collectively come together in order to increase their negotiating leverage, then I will stop feeling sorry for them. There is only one rule in negotiation: he who cares more loses. Right now you are all too in love with the Ironman brand and KPR points. They have demonstrated that they don't really care about you. Figure out a way to make them care, or move on to another brand."

For once, we are in complete agreement......

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team