Prev Next
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [J-rod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J-rod wrote:
Best 10 buck I have spent in a good long time
+1!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no way, likely the highest rating IM Live has ever received on one of their broadcasts.

take a look at the finish line, if this wasn't taking place, there would be no one even there.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [ombudsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's down. At least for me. Replaying the men's finish right now.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's down for me, too.

EDIT: spoke too soon, seems to be back now. So far, looks like just the top 4 pro women are through.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Last edited by: Travis R: Jul 27, 14 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kyle who?

mikebikefit.com
Facebook: Cordova Bicycle Fitting
F.I.S.T Certified
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay! Some no name, beat by an age grouper, made some extra cash!

This is going to have a HUGE impact.....***rolls eyes***

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastyellow wrote:
Yay! Some no name, beat by an age grouper, made some extra cash!

This is going to have a HUGE impact.....***rolls eyes***

Team Zoot AG'er Matt Coleman beat him!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He isn't a no name, he is Raymond. Way to go Raymond.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile in Whistler 7 pro women are competing for a payout that goes 8 deep. First place gets $15K (3x more then IMLP). Again, I think lots of triathletes need financial advisors.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its up and you can see the check in the stands on the right.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6th just crossed, Mark is in the stands on the right, Rachel is next!

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcagle25 wrote:
Meanwhile in Whistler 7 pro women are competing for a payout that goes 8 deep. First place gets $15K (3x more then IMLP). Again, I think lots of triathletes need financial advisors.

That's not false, and I've certainly alluded to that, that I don't buy that the "pull" is nearly as strong as many make it out to be.
That said, the simple impression that it's there is enough to keep a very hand-to-mouth crowd deathly afraid of rocking the boat. About half the female pro field at LP has hometowns listed as being on the east coast, so I'd offer that flying across the continent and to another country probably was their financially best decision among IM races. Now, should they have raced Challenge New Albany....probably

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcagle25 wrote:

Agreed, and I have offered to the ones I know!

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She didn't take the check..
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She ran by, didn't grab the check.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RDL wrote:
She didn't take the check..

probably a smart move?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
That was 6th place. There's a AGer in the top 7 female.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Maui_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She had a yellow bib, no?

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Maui_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maui_ wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

That was 6th place. There's a AGer in the top 7 female.
I thought they were trying to give it to the wrong person too but now the leaderboard just went down for me
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [tommy pickles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark is gone from the feed.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5th place woman was an AGr...so, waiting on 7th now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought i saw the check make its way back to the finish line. I think he is back behind the column.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Mark is gone from the feed.

Drone strike?
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trispoke wrote:
I thought i saw the check make its way back to the finish line. I think he is back behind the column.

Exactly.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trispoke wrote:

Yeah, that's what I saw too!

-D
Quote Reply

Prev Next