Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough. Your position is defensible. Kudos for your behind the scenes patronage.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just roll in with the aviators. Everyone will think you're Jesse Thomas.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
I have just found in life it is better to work with a place to try and get change.

Would you be willing to share a specific example of working "with a place" in order to achieve your desired result?

Of course this does not work with many places.

My example. We had a day care center that wanted to rent space in unused rooms in a school behind our properties. The neighbors
where all upset that this might be approved to be in their "backyards". So there was a big meeting with the neighbors
and school district.

In this meeting the school district told us they had 2 choices, either his day care center or a juvenile detention center. All the other folks
in the meeting were just going nuts and blasting the district that was there, and the women who was the owner of the day care.

I stood up and said wait people, something is going to go in, period. We can either work with these folks or just let them do whatever
they wanted. I said do you want a day care or a juvenile center? I then in the meeting starting to work with the owner of the day care
to hear some of the neighbors concerns, and she was able to suggest ideas on how to minimize impact.

So by my leading working with the school and the day care owner, we at least got a solution that was a team effort to be the best it could be.

Now afterwards what was interesting is we wanted to put my kid in the day care but it was full. We had no idea you needed to try and sign
up a year ahead of time. But when the owner found out who was asking, and it was me who had supported her in that meeting, she
allowed my kid in, and at a price discount. So this was just a bonus.

So, just one example in my life that working with folks, assuming they want to be worked with, can produce win win results for everyone.

TLDR

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dontated this is awesome.

----------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
Is there a photo of that banner? Would love to see it.

I haven't been able to find a photo of the un-repaired banner, but here's a photo after it was fixed.

You can clearly see that the text in the upper left corner is a sticker that was added to cover the mistake.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
Is there a photo of that banner? Would love to see it.

Well, I was able to find a picture. I was wrong, though, the run was only "56 miles."

Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This might be the original

Quote Reply
Post deleted by 7summits [ In reply to ]
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THATS NOT A TRUCKER HAT
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Well, I was able to find a picture. I was wrong, though, the run was only "56 miles."

That must have been after they fixed the first typo.

Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [snackchair] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Messick: "Screw it, let's pay out more for this race to shut that doucher up and then everyone can move on. $75,000 and pay 8 deep. "

*intern goes and changes athlete guide accordingly*

2 hours later

Messick: "What the hell you stupid intern. You weren't actually supposed to change it. We weren't going to say anything and instead show up to awards, f*** up that Starky kid's day, and look like heroes in the process for paying our pros more like some sort of Robin Hood. Go change it and tell everyone it was a mistake."

Hail Purdue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one thing that would move this to epic proportions would be to have Lance make a matching donation right before TRS closes the fund....

...successfully brought Lance into thread. Nice.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
IronStork wrote:
Are there any pros racing IMLP this weekend who have been following this thread? Are we sure they are even aware of what's at stake here?

My friend and first year pro Rachel Jastrebsky has seen it and is in the hunt!

Rachel's a second year pro, and she said she wouldn't wait at the line for 7th. Of course, I think she only said that when it was about $500 or so

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [lessthaneight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lessthaneight wrote:
Messick: "Screw it, let's pay out more for this race to shut that doucher up and then everyone can move on. $75,000 and pay 8 deep. "

*intern goes and changes athlete guide accordingly*

2 hours later

Messick: "What the hell you stupid intern. You weren't actually supposed to change it. We weren't going to say anything and instead show up to awards, f*** up that Starky kid's day, and look like heroes in the process for paying our pros more like some sort of Robin Hood. Go change it and tell everyone it was a mistake."

More likely scenario:

Intern who visits ST and is a member of Wattie Ink that still has panties in a bunch decides to change the payout on the site hoping that someone from TRS will notice.

Not very well thought out plan works and TRS gets egg on his face because he doesn't bother to do any DD.

Messick finds out, says: "Fire the intern and fix the site. We aren't paying out any more than $25,000"

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and the Messick throws a gang sign.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rachel's a second year pro, and she said she wouldn't wait at the line for 7th. Of course, I think she only said that when it was about $500 or so //

Go back and ask her if $3000 to $4000 would make her take a break. I would suspect any real pro who is not already wealthy would be thinking real hard about that, and lean 99% to figuring out how to get it...
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
...and then Messick throws a gang sign.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jul 24, 14 8:01
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [vmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vmac wrote:
The one thing that would move this to epic proportions would be to have Lance make a matching donation right before TRS closes the fund....

Its only successful if somebody picks up on it and starts to reply giving the story momentum. Oh wait a minute........

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
vmac wrote:

Its only successful if somebody picks up on it and starts to reply giving the story momentum. Oh wait a minute........

#MATCHSTRONG

Trying to get TRS to catch on...I think he thinks its stupid, thus no reply.
Last edited by: vmac: Jul 24, 14 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Rachel's a second year pro, and she said she wouldn't wait at the line for 7th. Of course, I think she only said that when it was about $500 or so //

Go back and ask her if $3000 to $4000 would make her take a break. I would suspect any real pro who is not already wealthy would be thinking real hard about that, and lean 99% to figuring out how to get it...

Looking at the field she has a legit shot at top 5.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • Update on donation tally and race day festivities
  • IM-Predictions (odds-makers) thoughts on who will finish 7th. Pick correctly and win!
  • How to participate on race day

Click here: http://www.therealstarky.com/...7th-spectators-guide

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [vmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vmac wrote:
earthling wrote:
vmac wrote:

#MATCHSTRONG

Trying to get TRS to catch on...I think he thinks its stupid, thus no reply.

That's okay, I thrive on stupidity.

I think Lance might be the one who vandalized the sign; it wasn't just the sitting down that slowed his transition times.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What happens if an age grouper finishes 7th? They should at least get free TRS gear.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pros and age groupers are in different races that happen to overlap at approximately the same time on the same course.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny. Donated to see how this unfolds. Also, fell out of my chair when I saw the "cheater" t-shirt for sale on your website.
Quote Reply

Prev Next