Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe wrote:
oh cool. I was going by my favorite website The Obsessed Triathlete.

No problem! I raced the first 4 years. Kind of sad that I missed last year and will miss this year. I hope the race goes out on a high note!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m out, Kidney infection somehow, I have a 3 night resveration for the Marriott City Center, Friday-Monday, if anyone is looking for a room with the locked in rate message me and we can transfer the resveration.
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's looking like this will by my first non-wetsuit 70.3 swim. Whats the procedure here, just swim in tri-suit?
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [eisforurgent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some will say use a swimskin, others will not. There's probably a million threads on here, or maybe 3-4. Personally I use a swimskin because it keeps everything tight and you don't have that possible parachute effect you might get with a trisuit.
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [rotosound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are y’all finding the corresponding waves to age group?
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [bullmoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Athlete guide

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/fd33557185344d109efe1d63c1993f70/swim%20wave%2070%203%20raleigh%205%201%2018.pdf

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [rotosound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah thanks I missed that. Wave 20 god damnit I’m gonna bake out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bullmoose wrote:

If you catch me, I will be the guy in the YogiTriathlete kit and headband (pretty unique design with bring green on black), tell me to get my ass moving.
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
bullmoose wrote:

If you catch me, I will be the guy in the YogiTriathlete kit and headband (pretty unique design with bring green on black), tell me to get my ass moving.

Will do! I guess the upside is I’ll have plenty of carrots to chase, even if I do get roasted by the end of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To you and all the others on the course, as usual I will be out there with the rest of our tri team working run aid station 3 to suit your nutrition and hydration needs! We will have music to pump you up, smack talk or something nice to say depending on if your ego looks feeble or not, and whatever Ironman has boxed up for us to serve you. I think I heard this year the special is spam.

Ice has always been an issue. They tell us every year to refrain from offering. I’ve been on the serving and receiving end of this at Raleigh 70.3 (my own wife who volunteered last year refused me ice when I asked for it - ouch!) and my message to our volunteers this year will be SCREW what Ironman staff say, we will be serving ice dammit.

Can’t have you guys falling out at our aid station. It’s far too much work to pick up all the damn cups to add on scraping your overheated body off the asphalt. :)

Good luck to all you folks racing. I hope the final Raleigh 70.3 is a good one!

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You rock! Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much for volunteering to help each and every one of us!

...any chance you will have something vegan for a snack for us plant based triathletes? ;)

But really, we cannot thank you enough for volunteering your time...and for the ICE!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We will offer regular ice AND vegan ice this year! :)

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thechromedome wrote:
We will offer regular ice AND vegan ice this year! :)

Cheers,

I'm feeling saucy. Put me down for both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bruce & the Tricredibles will hook you up!

I know for a fact there are people who would have never finished in 2013 without the help of Bruce and his crew (myself included)!

Im now going to go curl up in the fetal position and cry a little. Just the thought of 2013......oh my!

Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chance that it will be wetsuit legal?

John Hollenhorst
St Pete Beach
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [Hed Case] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was over 80* this morning when we swam at Jordan about 1.5 miles from the course. But also remember a few years ago the day before they were saying it was like 81 or 82 and then 16 hours later it was below threshold level (78 at that time).

I would say 70% no wetsuit.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! I’ll be on the lookout for ya!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THANK YOU! i'll thank you in person out there next week!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drink up at the last aid station when completing the second loop. It is a long way to finish, uphill and exposed to the sun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're awesome sir and much appreciated! Now, if you can get some spicy BBQ chops out there with fried green tomatoes, then I will have an excuse for the "DNF"!
Otherwise, I'll blame it on ice!
Cheers!

"Discipline is the highest of all virtues. Only so may strength and desire be counterbalanced and the endeavors of man bear fruit."
Nikos Kazantzakis, The Rock Garden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“Final” Raleigh 70.3???

I checked the thread and was unable to find if this is speculation or confirmed? What is the rationale? WTC being WTC? Declining participation? City issues?
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [DA_Lippy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. This is the final Raleigh 70.3....WTC issued a press release. Im sure there is more than 1 factor but city issues is definitely one of them. Raleigh city council voted to limit the number of times streets could be closed per year.

Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I signed up for this race because I heard good things about Raleigh and wanted to check it out as a potential future relocation option.

I can't say I have the best impression so far: http://abc11.com/...s-on-bikes-/3531418/
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [eisforurgent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what? you mean this?

i must say, a pretty ingenious hack, by a guy (if you're a detective, and you're looking for the perp) is pretty good at programming highway signs, and whose hot GF left him and his beer gut for a triathlete.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does anyone know how to get "assholes on bikes" screen printed onto trisuits, like soon, within a couple days.
Quote Reply

Prev Next