Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:
Is it time to pack already?? Damn...

yep!

Haha. I love driving 10 minutes to the buses on race day morning.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:

Don't forget the correct outfits!! Don't be like Loehr Loehr.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Optimistic" folks at the pool this morning in Raleigh swimming in their wetsuits, you can tell it is almost race day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:

Don't forget the correct outfits!! Don't be like Loehr Loehr.

This take me more time then packing race stuff!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I was out at Seaforth recreation area last night, around the corner from the swim site. Water temp felt closer to 80 degrees. It's possible they'll still find it wetsuit legal with some cooler evenings in the forecast.

Marty Gaal, CSCS
One Step Beyond Coaching
Triangle Open Water Swim Series | Old School Aquathon Series
Powerstroke® Freestyle Technique DVD
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [martygaal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
martygaal wrote:
Hi, I was out at Seaforth recreation area last night, around the corner from the swim site. Water temp felt closer to 80 degrees. It's possible they'll still find it wetsuit legal with some cooler evenings in the forecast.

It's very possible. But with temps in the mid 80s the next few days, I just don't see it happening. The weather appears similar to last year and it wasn't wetsuit legal. At this point I'd be surprised if it ends up wetsuit legal. Crazier things have happened before though.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes earlier I was making my wetsuit prediction based on what I thought would be rain in the forecast (like last night they were predicting rain/storms but nothing materialized). With it getting much warmer, it's going to be very very like 80% non wetsuit, 20% wetsuit.

Good luck to all you crazies who come suffer in the Raleigh heat! Hope this race moves 3 weeks back so that it's a mid May time frame. Would be much better for everyone involved. But this may be the last one, atleast with current contract i believe!

Be safe and enjoy it out there!

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Yes earlier I was making my wetsuit prediction based on what I thought would be rain in the forecast (like last night they were predicting rain/storms but nothing materialized). With it getting much warmer, it's going to be very very like 80% non wetsuit, 20% wetsuit.

Good luck to all you crazies who come suffer in the Raleigh heat! Hope this race moves 3 weeks back so that it's a mid May time frame. Would be much better for everyone involved. But this may be the last one, atleast with current contract i believe!

Be safe and enjoy it out there!

Yep. I live 1.5 hrs away.....and I'd do it every year if they took your advice. As is, I've never done it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh god, this is going to be hot

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What website is that?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weatherunderground. thing is, the predicted temp is now 4 degrees higher than yesterday. 80 degrees in Belmont, NC right now feels oppressive with the humidity. There being less chance of t-storms is good, as the wave of heat & humidity that precedes these t-storms can be unbearable.

For me, this is going to be a race of conservation: 280w (4w/kg) bike, 280w run (via stryd; ~6:50min pace), EFS Pro carrying a bottle on the run and just trying to qualify for Chattanooga

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My buddy lives in raleigh and he tells me every year, this race is always the hottest day of the year (at least up until that day) no matter what the forecast says.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with that

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
My buddy lives in raleigh and he tells me every year, this race is always the hottest day of the year (at least up until that day) no matter what the forecast says.

Well, seeing how it is approaching 88 in Raleigh as I type this and it was 90 on Tuesday, I'm very much hoping your friend's prediction is wrong!

Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard a rumor that it's going to be moved to early May. Take it for what it's worth, though, just a rumor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to race day. The hotter, the better.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer wrote:

darn NC local!

Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer wrote:

It will certainly help us local guys!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Printer wrote:

darn NC local!

Coming from Florida, I hope it will feel "cool" at least compared to what we've been dealing with for the last month or so.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
....... But this may be the last one, atleast with current contract i believe!

IIRC, it has been established that WTC prefers 5 year agreements for 140.6 races & 3 year contracts for 70.3 races. If that is true, this is year 5 for Raleigh, so at least the 2018 race should be safe.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
milesthedog wrote:
Printer wrote:

darn NC local!

Coming from Florida, I hope it will feel "cool" at least compared to what we've been dealing with for the last month or so.

To be honest, we really haven't had too many hot and muggy days yet this year. There's been a few, but not enough for real heat acclamation. I'm just hoping to crumble a little less than some of the other guys.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went online to confirm the qualifying slot fee needed at the time of claiming the slot, but couldn't find that information anywhere for 70.3WC's. I remember it being $400, but wanted to confirm. Anyone have a link with this information? Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to say it's 425. I think it's in the athlete guide.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I want to say it's 425. I think it's in the athlete guide.
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: RALEIGH 70.3 [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arriving in Raleigh tomorrow morning
can I swim at this lake on sat morning?
i would try also to go for a ride from there on the course, is it safe?
Quote Reply

Prev Next