Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Paolo55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wiring up the frame is almost identical to what you've got now...primary difference being how & where to deal with the battery. if you're running the internal battery, officially the 1st gen SC isn't compatible...though some folks do wedge it into the post. Officially, you'd need to get the 1st gen SC Di2 conversion kit, PN 422802 from your Trek dealer and also get the external-mount version of the battery.

Other than that, it's just a matter of getting the shift pods for extensions and bullhorns and plugging everything into a 5-port junction box.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow thanks Carl I never expected you to rely personally. Much appreciated and well done to you for such great service.
Honestly don't think you can be acknowledged enough.

One question. Is this a 2011 and what model is it? Can't see it anywhere on the bike.
Thanks
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No prob! Looks like a 2011 9.8 WSD...though, if memory serves, at the time we offered the same colorway through Project 1 without the WSD designation.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean this is a woman's frame ?
How can I tell for sure , with the serial number through a dealer ?
What makes it a wsd ? Bought it from a guy and another guy had it before him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there was (and is) no difference in the frames between WSD and non-WSD where Speed Concept is concerned...only colors and a couple spec choices (like a women's-specific saddle for example).

as I said, we offered an option at the time to get any of the stock colors (WSD otherwise...9.5 and 9.8 models) through Project One...in which case the only difference between a WSD frame and yours is whether or not there's a WSD sticker on it.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phew!!! Thanks. Thought I did something stupid there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, when can we expect a new SC? Is there anything you are allowed to share as of now?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Annonomys539] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Annonomys539 wrote:
Is there anything you are allowed to share as of now?

Mmmmm...nope.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
I lost the aerobar-to-stem attachment bolts on my Speed Concept 7.5. I saw a posting here showing:

M6 30mm flat hex x 1
M6 20mm flat hex x 2

I think these are also a part of the Kit 43027, but I think this is a larger kit that includes other bolts I don't need? If I buy the bolts separately I'm wondering what type/grade of steel because I see plain alloy and stainless steel of different grades.

Thanks.

PS You designed a beautiful bike as evidenced by people stopping me to take pictures...... of just the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Run Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't deserve personal credit for the design...that bike like the one before it is the product of an awesome team.

You're right the 437027 kit includes several other bolts & bits.

I never feel very good about quoting spec info like you've requested...primarily because anything you don't get from your Trek dealer may put your warranty status in jeopardy (at the very least) should you encounter some sort of issue or accident that involves the self-sourced part(s).

No doubt you could search my previous posts and find instances where I've done so. It doesn't happen all that often and I prefer not to in this case. I hope you understand.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, can you please hurry up and design the next speed concept!! I'm itching for a new one. I need it to have integrated hydration.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I appreciate the quick reply.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
I need it to have integrated hydration.
Thanks!

Please no. We don't need one of the best looking bikes on the market to now be ugly.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Run Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Odd coincidence. I noticed two of my bolts were missing (fallen out) while out on a ride today. Made for a spooky ride home for sure. What's the fastest way to get those replacement parts?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Annonomys539] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Annonomys539 wrote:
Carl, when can we expect a new SC? Is there anything you are allowed to share as of now?

The rumour I've heard is expect it later rather than sooner, I suspect the upcoming changes to the UCI rules might have something to do with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 SC 7.5(about 6 months old) with Flo wheels, that started doing something weird. The ride 2 days ago was fine, today started pedaling, and with no movement of the shift levers, it sounded like it shifted the rear derailleur. I did not think too much of it the first time but it continued to sound like it was shifting, no movement of shifters or chain jumping rings. I shifted to another gear and the same thing. You pedal, and every few seconds it sounds like it shifted. Look at the cassette and it is still in the same gear. Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jareed58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a stiff link in the chain, it will "hop" over a tooth or two because it isn't catching. Sounds kinda like a shift. Also, if you've worn out your cassette, it can skip as it's trying to catch teeth. Just some ideas for ya.

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
If you have a stiff link in the chain, it will "hop" over a tooth or two because it isn't catching. Sounds kinda like a shift. Also, if you've worn out your cassette, it can skip as it's trying to catch teeth. Just some ideas for ya.
Put it up on a repair stand and found exactly what you are talking about. A link in the chain had separated, look like someone tried to pry it open with a screw driver. How that happened, not sure. I think I will go get a new chain tomorrow. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine aren't here yet, so I guess I don't know the fastest way. I ordered on Ebay but there are other places like Bolt Depot, Fastenal, etc. The bolts are relatively inexpensive. I could not find locally in store.
Grade 12.9.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl,

I had questions in regards to my 2014 Speed Concept. I was wondering about the warranty for certain components, as well as replacement. The headset bearings seem to have began to seize, probably due to sweat and gatorade, is this difficult to replace, do I need special tools, should this be under warranty? The other two things that I was wondering about warranty were the arm pads peeling and the duotrap sensor magnet that slides onto the crank arm, in which the rubber split and it fell off.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [dbikelink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
howdy!

bearings and armpads are generally considered consumables...they wear and require replacement. warranty coverage for them would probably only come into play if they broke or otherwise had a severe issue within an unreasonably short amount of time.

the crankarm magnet band might be a different story...you'd have to ask your Trek dealer.

there are no special tools required for headset bearing replacement, and it's one of the easiest DIY jobs out there.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me what size the aerobar attachment bolts are on a 2014 speed concept?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ddimaline] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check a few posts further up the page?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, need to get a chain for my 2015 SC 7.5. I think I counted 106 links, does that sound right? Are the chains listed for Ultegra 11 speeds, the one that I need? Also, I guess I need a chain tool, too? What are the Pros and Cons of Quick Links?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jareed58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick link chains are great because you can pop off the chain to clean it with just a pair of pliers. Look on youtube for how. And then you can put the chain in a plastic container with some degreaser and shake it for a while to clean it. It's easy to lose the little quicklink parts if you're not careful, so do it over a driveway instead of grass. You'll be able to find the two little links if (but totally when) you drop them by accident. I dunno about chain length; not my area of knowledge.

Quote Reply

Prev Next