Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MUTri23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Alex-

have you tried asking your dealer? they're a lot closer to the order specifics than I am. as best I can tell, eTap TT groups only ship with a set of clics for the extensions. aeolus wheels ship with valve extenders.

ETA: clarification on the clics/blips thing

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Oct 26, 16 19:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
updated my previous post

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Hi Alex-

have you tried asking your dealer? they're a lot closer to the order specifics than I am. as best I can tell, eTap TT groups only ship with a set of clics for the extensions. aeolus wheels ship with valve extenders.

ETA: clarification on the clics/blips thing

FWIW, when I got my TT group from SRAM it had blips for the aero bars and the base bar. Maybe Trek gets something different, I dunno.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all, question about Pioneer power meters...
I know there are clearance issues with the 2014+ SC's.
Anyone try one with a older SC9? Wondering if there would be clearance issues with a 170mm pioneer crank on a 2011 SC9?
Or Stages?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Search not working for me right now so can't dig up results re: Stages...but on the Pioneer subject, that area of the frame is identical for both generations of bike

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, my Madone (x2) and Speed Concept (x2) came with appropriate valve extenders for the Aeolus (tubular for me) wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This message is for Carl, and any interested party that can help

New to the forum, I know it's not in the rules.... But i'm looking for a used or maybe slightly blemished Gen2 Base Bar to upgrade my 14' 7.0

Any help would be appreciated, I"m new to TT from Road Racing and have a very detailed fitter that I use, that wants me on the integrated front end for a better detailed fit.

I honestly cant afford a special ordered retail based one,

Thanks for reading guys,

I ride to stay sane, and married.....sort of
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Quattroporte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quattroporte wrote:
FWIW, my Madone (x2) and Speed Concept (x2) came with appropriate valve extenders for the Aeolus (tubular for me) wheels.

Why would they not...asking this question perplexes me...spend 5-10 grand on a bike and have valves that are too short? C'mon man...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the 2017's out yet? Currently on an olderP3 size 58. I am 6"1 and wondering if large or XL is the way to go on new Projext 1 9.9? Any changes on new ones? When was last change on these bikes? Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [1Wavemaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy!

2017 bikes have been released and there are different colors and component groups but no other changes to the aero or integration features. On the size question, your fit coordinates are what determines the right size SC for you...do you know what they are? Specifically, armpad stack and reach and saddle height?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SafariX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My name. Is Paul and you replied to my question regarding sizing this morning. Can you email me paul@wavefishing.com so I can forward you my Retul numbers for your advice on sizing? I am 6'1 and 170.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [1Wavemaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a Retul report then this is easy...just shoot me these three #s and we'll get to work:

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a question regarding fit. On gen 2 bikes via the trek size chart I'm on the upper end of L and lower of XL. I'm 6.1" is there enough adjustability available to make an XL work? Per Dans article from a few years ago...it's better to have more frame and less bars than vice a versa? I know a need a proper fit, but I'm several hours from a shop, just looking for advice thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tigertater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's your pad stack (and reach)? There's a LOT of overlap in pad stack (in particular) for any adjacent size frames (S-M, M-L, L-XL etc), so I'm pretty sure whichever one makes the most sense for you will have adequate adjustability.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I was going through the Trek website and looking at the Speed Concept bikes and I noticed that there are no complete 9 series bikes available according to the site and only a frameset.

Is this an indication that there is a new Speed Concept coming soon?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tigertater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On further reflection, it occurred to me you were probably looking at the size chart on trekbikes.com rather than the SC fit chart(s). My previous comment stands: there's so much overlap in actual fit range that in all likelihood you'd be able to ride either size you mentioned. A fit takes far more into account than your height and will likely drive you towards one size or the other rather than both. That said, without any actual fit #s to work from, at your height I'd say you're more likely to end up on a Large than an XL. Not overwhelmingly so, but more likely.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [roa11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't say one way or the other, sorry.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddle Height = 745 mm
Arm Pad Stack BB = 673 mm
Arm Pad Reach BB = 415mm

What size frame would you recommend? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [roa11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roa11 wrote:
Hi Carl,

I was going through the Trek website and looking at the Speed Concept bikes and I noticed that there are no complete 9 series bikes available according to the site and only a frameset.

Is this an indication that there is a new Speed Concept coming soon?

Since Carl can not answer, this would be a very weird time to release a new speed concept. It is after kona, the tour de france, and ever after Trek's own dealer show, those are the normal times to release new product. Not many people buy bikes during this time of the year, so it does not make sense to release a new bike now.

I would put the odds of a new bike being release in the next month or two as very very low. I would suspect maybe the 9 series is going to project 1 only, now stock builds or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's a LOT of pad stack for that reach and saddle height...as in, middle of the Large range for pad stack and somewhere in the Smalls for reach (regardless of whether it's to the back or the center of the pad)...consequently, the meeting place is somewhere in the middle: Medium frame and either the high near stem (for 415 to center of pad) or high far (415 to back of pad).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! I am making some maintenance to my 2011 9.9 SC...
The steering works bad, If I close the bearing nut to 2.5nm the steer is quite locked, I think it's a bearing problem.
where can I find the part codes of the headset bearings (upper and lower)?

And than I need to replace one bar clamp. I've found this product but it's V2. Will it work on 2011 SC?

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/components-c9/handlebars-c75/trek-speed-concept-rxl-bar-clamp-bolt-kit-v2-p13172

Thank you!!
Last edited by: simosl3: Nov 9, 16 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [simosl3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
upper: W276442
lower: 428420

and the linked part is compatible with your 2011 SC 9-series.

cheers!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:

cheers!

Too fast!! Awesome!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:

cheers!

Sorry Carl, last question.. do you have the code of the bar clamp too? Thank you!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [simosl3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no worries!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next