Howdy

The OE bearings on a gen1 7-series are Cane Creek. The Cane Creek part#s are:

BAA0004K (upper, 1")
HSS2030 (lower, 1.125")

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering you said you designed for 25mm, but would the SC 9.9 or 7 handle the new:

Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite TLR Road Tire 700x26c: Model 508443 http://www.trekbikes.com/...r-road-tire/p/13467/

running Tubeless on the new Flow wheels.

Front FLO 60 http://www.flocycling.com/..._front_flo_60_cc.php
Rear FLO 90 http://www.flocycling.com/...s_rear_flo_90_cc.php

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would it be possible to swap Gen 1 front end for a Gen 2 front end (everything starting from stem)?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on what our tire&wheel guys are telling me, that tire should measure pretty true to the label (width-wise) on the 90 and maybe 0.5mm or so wider on the the 60, based on FLO's reported inner rim width for each wheel.

I don't have that exact combo handy to do a real-world check for you, but I did put a used 700x25c R3 Plus (slightly different construction, but also stretched from lots of use) on my Aeolus D3 rear and eyeballed the clearance in my 2014 9-series...looks like you should be OK. Certainly better off than if you were trying to run anything larger than that. Tons of room up front.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not compatible, sorry

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi!
Finally got my 2 bolt kits back from the trek dealer. Although it looks like they aren't stainless. See picture. Magnetic dart attached. :) is there a different number for stainless.
Last edited by: mprada421: Feb 24, 17 17:55
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mprada421] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No pic attached...but any bolts not changed to stainless do have an anti-corrosion coating of some sort.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Attached it above.... Sorry for the mistake...little new to the site.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to have a look at a second hand Speed concept 7.5 tonight, it's about 6 months old. Any issues I should be looking out for? Cheers, Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mprada421] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to have a look at a second hand speed concept 7.5 tonight, only six months old anything I should be looking out for ? Any issues that might be might with the frame? Cheers, Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought a Speed Concept 7.5 and I've somehow caused some damage from over-turning the handlebars. I think it happened while transporting it in a car while the bike was on it's side, the handlebars must have been turned and the fork kept pushing against the frame.
The damage seems fairly deep, it seems to have gone in almost 1mm.

Has anybody else had this issue? (the rubber bit under the frame near the headtube is still there but it didn't seem to stop the damage)
Am I screwed? I haven't even gotten a chance to ride the bike yet :(

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [AngrySaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to say over the interwebs. Have you brought it to your Trek dealer yet? They're in the best position to inspect and recommend which way to go next.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I just noticed it last night so I haven't brought it in yet. Do you know if it's frowned upon to bring it into a different Trek dealer than the one I bought the bike from? (The place I bought it is 1.5 hours away and I don't own a car)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [AngrySaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't be an issue. If for some reason they wanted/needed to see any proof of purchase it's pretty easy for them to contact the other store. Good luck!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feel like a total newb, but still trying to decipher all the individual BB/bearing types in general; I think for my 2013 SC 7.0, I need a GXP crankset, correct (looking at SRAM Force, FWIW)? I know the BB is listed as "SRAM PressFit" for the 2013 7.0, but I don't really know what that means..
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ibick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
howdy-

you're right, the 2013 7.0 came with a SRAM pressfit GXP BB. any GXP-based crankset will work with that BB. as long as the Force cranks you're looking at are GXP and not BB30, they should drop right in.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 questions about my 2016 speed concept 7.0. What are the measurements of the wheels that come stock with this frame?

If I wanted to upgrade the cockpit I've heard I can order an upgrade kit, but I don't see it offered anywhere. Is this true? But then I've also see the bontrager race x lite base bar. Could I order this bar and the custom stems and use my aero bars as a cheaper alternative? I'm confused about the products that are out there and how to put together an upgraded front end. Thanks for your help!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Calvinbal6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Calvinbal6 wrote:
I have 2 questions about my 2016 speed concept 7.0. What are the measurements of the wheels that come stock with this frame?

What specific measurements do you want?

Calvinbal6 wrote:
If I wanted to upgrade the cockpit I've heard I can order an upgrade kit, but I don't see it offered anywhere. Is this true?

The 7.5 cockpit can be ordered via your Trek dealer. They simply need to search for "7.0 cockpit upgrade" in their ordering system and they'll get a worksheet that walks them through all the choices (stem, mono-extension style, etc).

Calvinbal6 wrote:
But then I've also see the bontrager race x lite base bar. Could I order this bar and the custom stems and use my aero bars as a cheaper alternative?

The "custom" (integrated cockpit) stems are not compatible with standard round basebars like the Race X Lite.

Hope this helped!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I should be more specific. I was interested in internal and external brake track width.

Also for the cockpit, I keep looking at this bar and I thought it mounted with screws to the custom mounts.

http://www.trekbicyclesuperstore.com/...G84fdxejAaAm008P8HAQ

How does this base bar mount? Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Calvinbal6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in reverse order:

-that bar is for the 1st Generation 9-series bike...not compatible with any 2nd Gen SC.

-inner width is 17mm, outer is 24mm

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, is the 5mm spacer under the pad wing needed? Will the bars be ok without it? Thanks, joe
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Joeb100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only if you need it to hit your preferred pad stack...otherwise you can leave it out. It's just a fit aid.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's brilliant, thanks carl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to buy a used 2014 Speed Concept 7.5 as my first TT bike.

Is it still possible to buy replacement parts for that model such as bar spacers, stem and bottom bracket, for example?

Is there anything I should be aware of when buying an older model?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ThisFarmingMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
howdy-

parts are and will continue to be available. we still carry parts for the 2010-2013 SC too.

the 2nd generation SC has been a pretty robust platform. if you suspect something is wrong with the one you're buying you could always ask for the seller to have it checked out at a Trek dealer...or do so yourself after you buy it.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next