Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of thinking that's an error related to the new website...same thing shows up for the 7.0...and neither model is available for customization on the dealer site. I've notified the web team. Thx for noticing, and sorry for the bad news.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally crossed over. It's a 2012 7.0 with SRAM Rival. Also has the upgraded RXL Carbon base bar and extensions. Added a FLO 60/90 setup with GP4000 tires. It was in pretty good shape overall but needed a good scrubbing and some tweaking. Very happy with it so far. Rides very nice and the stack/reach seems to be perfect compared to my previous setup

Last edited by: Brandan: Mar 28, 16 17:16
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Brandan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite 1st generation 7srs colorway. Nice build, and welcome aboard!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Over the weekend I replaced the crank on my 2011 SC 7.2...I went from an older SRAM Red to a Rival OCT w/ Stages. I took off the washers from the Red and put them on the new one, however there is still a little side-to-side play in the crank.

Any suggestions?

-Brandon
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the bb didn't shrink, so either something didn't make the transition from one crank to the other (sometimes it's hard to see what's pressed onto the driveside) or the new crank needs a different spacer set than your old one. Try a wave washer? Bring it to your lbs?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Torquing it to spec does wonders...aka I had to go out and get an 8mm hex bit that would fit on my torque wrench.

Now the stripped bolt on the rear brake cover that I found this morning is another story. Dropped it off at my local Trek Store today :/

Owning bikes is a lot like owning race/vintage/etc cars, there's always something...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I admit I hadn't considered that possibility...it has become second nature to just get my gorilla on until everything stops moving with SRAM cranks.

No, that is not the approved or recommended procedure.

I should break out the torque wrench and see how far off I am...

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, to each their own, Gorilla man
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2011 9.5, large, that needs some new aero bar pads. I have not been impressed with the durability of the Bontrager pads, I saw there are some made by Cee Gee that are highly recommended around here. there are 2 sizes on the website, anyone know which one of these fits? If not I'll just have to wait a couple weeks until I can measure the pads on my bike, was just hoping to get something ordered quicker. Thanks!

https://www.ceegees.com/product/?product_id=122

https://www.ceegees.com/product/?product_id=244

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here you go

pad holder shape is the same for both generations of SC

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl! I swear I searched for it, but only came up with The GMAN's initial post saying those pads were available!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it is probably not recommended but I was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket mono spacers that are taller than the maximum 45mm spacer that is available from Trek? I am sure there is probably a good reason why 45mm is the max but I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried to raise the pads and the aero extensions higher from the basebar instead of buying a new stem? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm proud to say that I just put in my order with the bike shop to get the 7.5 XL SC! They said Trek says the stock bento box is out of stock (fun play on words there), so if anybody would get a different bento box than what comes stock, what is the best one to get?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jcg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not aware of any aftermarket monospacers.

the monospacer range and how that combines with the larger changes associated with stem heights is a carryover from the first generation bike.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Carl. I have a machine shop so if I am just a smidge low I may play around a bit and see what I can fabricate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A big shout out of thanks to Dan Empfield who provided a great fit at the ST RS and prescribed the SC... A second shout out of thanks to Carl who patiently answered many Questions about the SC... Speed Concept Project One order was placed today....

NOTE: to all that Project ONE build now has ETAP as a drivetrain choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl for the reply. You wouldn't happen to know the front center measurement of the 2015 Speed Concept in sizes medium and large would you? I tried to search this entire post before posting but I kept receiving an error. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
598 and 624mm, respectively

also near the bottom of this page :-)

don't feel bad...I search this thread for my own stuff...but I also have a pretty good idea what is and what isn't in here too.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone use a headset mounted cable hanger for center pull brakes on a 1st gen 7 series? I want to run bare cable to my brake and I want the hanger to be set as low on the steerer as possible, but there's a little bump outward in the head tube. Is there a hanger that bends out far enough to avoid this bump?

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Red X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just a heads-up...the other thing to watch for is the steerer diameter...it's 1", not 1.125"...so you'll probably have to make sure you've got enough "spare" shim length below your stem. unless there's an old 1" hanger out there somewhere.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right-o. That threw me off a bit when I was replacing my stem. I figured most people here would have the right size if they had it on the same bike.

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the rear brake noodle for the Gen 2 available to purchase separately? The service guide just says comes with brake.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [b.will] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b.will wrote:
Is the rear brake noodle for the Gen 2 available to purchase separately?

not as far as I can tell. I've run rear brake cables on both generations of the bike without that noodle in place and can honestly say I don't notice a huge difference...a quality, flat-wound and/or coated cable (ask your dealer) would go a long way toward smooth operation whether the noodle is there or not.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a SC 9 with cracks on both sides of the fork, an I have pictures of another SC 9 with a starting crack. Is i a common problem?
Non of the bikes have bin involved in crashes.
Trek Denmark will not replace the fork, they say it ain't happend by ordenary use.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Clausfj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow scary, are you using a stationary trainer thar mounts by the front fork ? Ie rollers with a rigid fork mount?
I also worry about transport in a vehicle with racks that remove the front wheel and fix to the fork. Imo that carbon structure is not very strong with side to side pressure.
Quote Reply

Prev Next