Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Steve560] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arm pad stack and arm pad reach (from the BB)

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

arm pad stack 620mm
arm pad reach (from the BB) 450mm

With what stem and extensions does the frame set come from the factory?

Thank you very much again! This is really an outstanding service!!!

Stefan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're very welcome.

At 620 you're just outside the range for the low-far, so it'll be a medium-far stem...which happens to be the size that comes stock on Medium frames. Stock mono extension is the ergo long.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Carl,

since I will order my frameset tomorrow, I have again checked the 2014 SC fit guide. Is it possible that I could also go with a large frame and a near/far low stem?

My measurements are:

arm pad reach 495mm (last numbers 450 were a little off, since I didn't measure to the center of the pad)
arm pad stack 620mm
base bar stack 570mm
saddle height 757mm
body height 178cm

Is there something, that I'm missing?

What arm pad stack would I get as a maximum with the low far stem and the 45+5mm spacers on the medium frame?

Is the color "black fade/ viper red" a glossy or a matte color, since there are still no real pictures of this frame set on the web!

Again, thank you very much in deed for your help

Stefan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know the answer on the paint question. ..I shot a note to my source for that and will let you know what I hear back.

Medium with low far and 45mm monospacer plus pad wing spacer tops out at ~615mm.

Yes, you could go large and low far. With your revised pad reach it's the solution the sizing charts lead to...though at 178cm tall you'd be one of the shorter people on a large sc...standover could be an issue.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got the new Speed Concept cockpit with mono bar extension. I need to come up more since I'm way too low. My legs are close to touching my stomach which makes this position really uncomfortable. Is there a way to raise stem or raise arm pads?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pad wing spacer will bring you up 5mm but that's not likely to help much.

Monospacers (the things between the bar and the mono extension) come in 10mm increments from 15 to 45mm, so depending on which one you're already running you could move up a size or two there.

Similar story on stems, which jump in 35mm increments...though if you bought a stock bike I'm 99% sure you'd have only one stem move available to you...the stems come in low-medium-high versions and the stock stems are all mediums.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are 3 different stem sizes that affect stack only (6 if you look at reach as well). And there are 4 different sizes in the monospacers.

http://trek.scene7.com/...t_Service_Manual.pdf

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...C_FitGuide_final.pdf

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The word from the graphics gang:

"The frame is a solid paint color but the clear is a fade from gloss in the front to matte in the back."

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I just picked up a 2013 9.5 and am trying to set up the front end. I'm less concerned about stack/reach as I am frustrated with adjusting the width.

I like having my hands kind of close together, but have to have my elbows pretty far apart (in close is not comfortable for long course). Width from outside to outside of the pads on my old bike is 14in. With the extension mounts on the SC9 on the inside, but the pads shoved out as far as they can go, it's only 12in. With the extension mounts on the outside, I can get the pads where I need but the extensions themselves are obnoxiously wide.

What I need is a pad clamp that is about an inch longer (more bolt holes) so I can push my pads farther out. Does such a thing exist? It looks like PD's are no longer than the stock Bontragers.

Ex Race Director, put out of business by the Rona
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Andy_M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl, I picked up a 2015 SC 7.5 over the winter. I stopped by the LBS to order the speed box 2. They said it wasn't available until the end of June. Are they currently out of stock? Or do I just need to look somewhere else?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mbrekk44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of stock until end of June. Could be some in dealer stock somewhere, but I can't see into their inventory...only ours.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, cool!

Thank you

Stefan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, I'm so glad you're on this thread. Can you answer a question for me? What's the difference between "pad range" and "full range" on the SC fit chart?

http://www.slowtwitch.com/images/trek/SC_FitGuide_final.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Mar 22, 16 14:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers!

And here you go:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=4834315#p4834315

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks man! Can you verify that I'm reading the chart right? I'm seeing that the front leading edge of the pads can reach out to 603 mm from the BB. Is that correct? If so, I can actually fit on one! I've got two local dealers, so that would be perfect to get one through them.

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The numbers for the pads are for pad centers, not leading or trailing edges. From the sound of things that may help you? Something else to keep in mind: when using the forwardmost settings on the pad range it reduces the distance to the shifters...so you'd probably not want to get the short ergo mono for example. ..you'd want the long ergo or any of the other shapes (all effectively "long" compared to the short ergo).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Yeah, I need the long extensions. My forearms are silly long. Pro triathletes are high responders to endurance training, my body was a high responder to Borden's 2% lowfat milk.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Can you please identify the part on the bottom of the picture, the screw and part with 6Nm printed on it?
Thanks!

Last edited by: Ironma'am: Mar 23, 16 6:34
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Internal steerer lock...threads in from underneath the fork crown.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if a Gen 2 fork (UCI legal) is comparable on a 9 Series Gen 1 frame?

Quote | Reply
Nope not backwards compatible.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Appreciate the help.

Quote | Reply
Does anybody know if you can do the Project One treatment on a SC 7.5? The website says you can, ("
  • Make it yours: completely customizable through Project One"
but there's no way to actually do it. The only way is by selecting a SC 9 series first and then you can customize it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Carl! Mystery solved, and part is installed. :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next