Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Recoverie wrote:
atomic916 wrote:
He is definately looking very uncomfortable. Not sure if I believe what he's saying, and I think there is a lot he is not saying.

It's clear just from his body language that his answers are very calculated. This is not a "no holds bar" interview. It's hand made for TV audiences. Just imagine what kind of boost this gives Oprah's ratings.

Disagree, his body language is in the other direction. constantly fidgeting, can't keep his hands still. That doesn't look forced to me. He looks very ill ease. Can you imagine looking at clips of yourself lying whilst holding your kids and sharing that with millions of viewers.

I interview and interrogate people for a living. I tend to agree with Gandalf's take on this.

The video shown of his 2005 SCA deposition is a good comparison point. We all know he was lying during that depo and his body language in that depo video was indicative of that. Body language is very different in this interview. You want to see textbook lying with corresponding body language? Watch Roger Clemens' 60 Minutes interview.

Sure... his answers are guarded and calculated and he's not being 100% candid but he's not blatantly lying his ass off or anything. He and his lawyers could easily predict the questions Oprah would ask. It's not rocket science.

I 100% believe he's holding off on naming names and throwing people under the boss until he can get in front of WADA/USADA/Whoever. He has nothing to gain from outing everyone on Oprah.

Exactly. Oprah isn't the appropriate forum to be naming names etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [KRab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - good insight.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy Shit! Finally I learned something tonight- I didn't know Drew Barrymore was bi!

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
Calculated. It's like a dance, almost. She came out strong at the start, imo, to hook the audience with those "yes or no" questions. Now it's a matter of how much to share and what details. There isn't enough time in this interview to go into specifics. I would like to have an iPhone recording in the car ride on the way home from this hotel after the interview.

No doubt, but I'm not sure you'd hear much over the sound of his attorney(s) screaming into the phone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
There isn't enough time in this interview to go into specifics.

Part 2 tomorrow night remember. I'm hoping there is more substance tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [FastGMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FastGMan wrote:
Oprah is throwing him softballs and letting him control the interview, which is exactly what he wants. This is pathetic.

I find it hilarious. He is getting soft balled but still coming off as a creep. He is getting incinerated on Twitter.

#doprah
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [FastGMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol.

Woah - Oprah is going to pull the tweet Lanced posted of himself in his house lying on his couch surrounded by those yellow jerseys.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
FastGMan wrote:
Oprah is throwing him softballs and letting him control the interview, which is exactly what he wants. This is pathetic.

Agreed. I find this entertaining as well, but she's not pushing him on a thing. He should be on his heels but he's not. He's way too comfortable. The point of the interview was to confess (to a certain, limited, extent) so the fact that he's confessing isn't a surprise or a success for her. Come on, Oprah, you know what we need.... "You want the truth??? You can't handle the truth!!..."

You guys are delusional. Do you think Oprah gives a shit about the outcome of this story? She has the ear of presidents. She's a journalist for chrissakes, and is probably already thinking about her next big interview. She got out of him what nobody else could.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atomic916 wrote:
Quote:
There isn't enough time in this interview to go into specifics.

Part 2 tomorrow night remember. I'm hoping there is more substance tomorrow.

Oh, right. Good call.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF? Did I turn the channel too soon? And, I already thought she was hot...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [SMp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RE MJ

People are dumb, and it is well known that sheep can't read or watch TV. :-)
Last edited by: Herbert: Jan 17, 13 19:34
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlung wrote:
Pooks wrote:
FastGMan wrote:

Agreed. I find this entertaining as well, but she's not pushing him on a thing. He should be on his heels but he's not. He's way too comfortable. The point of the interview was to confess (to a certain, limited, extent) so the fact that he's confessing isn't a surprise or a success for her. Come on, Oprah, you know what we need.... "You want the truth??? You can't handle the truth!!..."

You guys are delusional. Do you think Oprah gives a shit about the outcome of this story? She has the ear of presidents. She's a journalist for chrissakes, and is probably already thinking about her next big interview. She got out of him what nobody else could.

Next up is Manti Te'o? He'd be good for only half an hour.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlung wrote:
Pooks wrote:
FastGMan wrote:

Journalist is a stretch for Oprah, more like celebrity interviewer. She has the ear of one President (which is probably enough). Keep in mind that she didn't corner him and get him to give it up, he set the events in motion and carefully picked Oprah because she ISN'T a journalist and wouldn't question him like one.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it over? West Coast is to begin airing at 9 pm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What time is "part 2" tomorrow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know. It just got really boring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

9 pm ET/PT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Same Bat time, same fat channel.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Betsy Andreu on CNN... Holy shit! She's going off!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In this teaser, she says she's going to say (to LA), "Some people think you're only doing this so you can get back into the sport."

http://www.oprah.com/...clusive-Part-2-Video
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just going to post the same. She's kicking his ass.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
In this teaser, she says she's going to say (to LA), "Some people think you're only doing this so you can get back into the sport."

http://www.oprah.com/...clusive-Part-2-Video

Does he want to do another tour? Would he be the oldest ever after whatever ban? I thought he only wanted to do triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where's the link? I'm seeing something right now with Piers Morgan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having flashbacks to when I read Agassi's memoir and learned that he had been wigged up much of his career with the collusion of at least one board-certified doctor, several associates and even family members.
Quote Reply

Prev Next