Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [blackduckracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And she didn't flinch.
OW said that there were lawyers outside- not allowed any influence during the interview.
That could explain his guardedness....oh, and the fact that he's still not telling the truth about alot of this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vibrolux wrote:
I want to hear the hard questions: "How hot was it to bang Cheryl Crow"?

And were you doped during it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [317] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hah! Yes, actually after 3 glasses of wine!

Good catch.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't think that speech was really bad at all compared to everything else he's said
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Zach7956] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why didn't she pressure him more on Ferrari

Team Aquaphor 06-08
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recoverie wrote:
atomic916 wrote:
He is definately looking very uncomfortable. Not sure if I believe what he's saying, and I think there is a lot he is not saying.

It's clear just from his body language that his answers are very calculated. This is not a "no holds bar" interview. It's hand made for TV audiences. Just imagine what kind of boost this gives Oprah's ratings.

Disagree, his body language is in the other direction. constantly fidgeting, can't keep his hands still. That doesn't look forced to me. He looks very ill ease. Can you imagine looking at clips of yourself lying whilst holding your kids and sharing that with millions of viewers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Notice how his hand covers his mouth before answering some questions....that's subconscious body language telling us that what the mouth is saying is not true....just saying
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boy she sure is asking some tough questions.....not.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Tri-Mot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Mot wrote:
Notice how his hand covers his mouth before answering some questions....that's subconscious body language telling us that what the mouth is saying is not true....just saying

I'd like to read a report from a body language expert on this interview.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [triyourbest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fundamentally.... these guys do not believe doping is wrong. There is a huge cultural issue here...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gandalf wrote:
Recoverie wrote:
atomic916 wrote:
He is definately looking very uncomfortable. Not sure if I believe what he's saying, and I think there is a lot he is not saying.

It's clear just from his body language that his answers are very calculated. This is not a "no holds bar" interview. It's hand made for TV audiences. Just imagine what kind of boost this gives Oprah's ratings.

Disagree, his body language is in the other direction. constantly fidgeting, can't keep his hands still. That doesn't look forced to me. He looks very ill ease. Can you imagine looking at clips of yourself lying whilst holding your kids and sharing that with millions of viewers.

I'll agree he does appear ill at ease. I'm hearing what he's saying, but, it seems like more needs to said. It does seem, imo, like a release for him. To come clean.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[He needed to come out and provide specific details on what he did, how he did it, who helped him etc. but at least so far he is not providing any details. He has been well coached and his very cautious.]
#1 Yes he has been well coached obviously.
# 2 details, details, this is OWN, so you will not get details. I wonder how many gues never never never and will never again watch OWN are watching it now. (I am one of them).

BTW: How much Oprah paid him for this?

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outside Mag has it already on.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Tri-Mot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please explain your credibility as a human lie detector expert if you're going to make these comments. How do you know he's not nervous...geez

Tri-Mot wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rut...row. Good question before the break: "you sued people who were telling the truth, what's with that"?

Hmmmm......
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You're suing people who are telling the truth! What's the deal with that?" Oprah FTW!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [fred_h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oddly enough... now more than ever the fantasy of going on a long ride with just him and me is now more compelling than ever. I would live to hear him speak without measuring what he says.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
something's not quite right here... anyone else getting that vibe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Outside Mag has it already on.

What are they saying? I'll look for the link.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeezus, I want to hate the guy, but, I can't.....

Wow. I am watching and think he is even more of a jerk. All his answers are self-serving.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [ickelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you catch the "shaky voice"?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gandalf wrote:
Recoverie wrote:
atomic916 wrote:

I interview and interrogate people for a living. I tend to agree with Gandalf's take on this.

The video shown of his 2005 SCA deposition is a good comparison point. We all know he was lying during that depo and his body language in that depo video was indicative of that. Body language is very different in this interview. You want to see textbook lying with corresponding body language? Watch Roger Clemens' 60 Minutes interview.

Sure... his answers are guarded and calculated and he's not being 100% candid but he's not blatantly lying his ass off or anything. He and his lawyers could easily predict the questions Oprah would ask. It's not rocket science.

I 100% believe he's holding off on naming names and throwing people under the boss until he can get in front of WADA/USADA/Whoever. He has nothing to gain from outing everyone on Oprah.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Jan 17, 13 19:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F*%k!! This is only one hour each night??? Bullshit!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am very disappointed with this thus far. This is a PR move. He said no questions barred.... except names, except Ferrari, except who got him started....

And why has EVERY single cyclist said they stopped doping after 2005? Statute of Limitations. not the biological passport, as he claimed.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Official Oprah Lance interview live thread [krupkake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
krupkake wrote:
did you catch the "shaky voice"?

Its called being nervous.
Quote Reply

Prev Next