Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [ClaudeOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClaudeOne wrote:
I like what you did with the automatic scaling. It works very well for HR in steady state and in interval mode. Haven't tried it with power yet. Will do that probably this week.

Thanks Claude!
Just to update you guys, version 1.17 is live and a OS X version is now available.
Next up is support for Kickr/CompuTrainer

Have fun!
Max

Free Indoor Cycling Software - https://maximumtrainer.com
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [MaximumTrainer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Messages for repeat intervals : Now use the display message of the base interval and add the repeat number at the end (see image)
May I suggest to modify that to (1 of X)?

A possible issue?: Yesterday I had a pretty hard workout and had to quit after 6 of the 8 scheduled intervals. Disabled the sound alerts and performed a cooldown to drain most of the build-up lactate. After I brought up the settings window to disable the sound alerts, the workout window was darker, as if it was not the active window anymore and clicking in it or on the title bar didn't change anything. Then stopped pedaling and since the Workout start is setup at a cadence of 20, the timer stopped. I tried to close the workout window but it looked like MT was "frozen". I was afraid of losing the data and tried toggling the windows with ALT-TAB, but couldn't get out of it. I don't know exactly how, but finally the pop-up window that asks if you want to save the progress, came up and I was able to save the workout. It seems that the pop-up window, in certain conditions, pops under and can't be brought to the front. My setup was a portable PC with external screen and the screens are simply cloned.
Anyone else seen this behavior?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good idea, will be in next version!
Let me know if you get the popup hidden again, will try to reproduce on my side

Thanks!

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Dec 18, 14 10:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Max,
A couple of thoughts from my session yesterday.
Have you considered allowing the user to re-position, or resize the different portions of the display? For instance making the heart rate smaller and increasing the view of say the power "widget" Also, while trying to keep my power in the target range, I tend to pay attention to my cadence, but the power balance display is between power and cadence, so I had to look at two different areas of the screen to watch both. If the cadence was next to the power display, I could see on of them from more of a peripheral view.

On the workout editor, is there a way to resize the columns that I am missing? A lot of screen is taken up with columns that might be empty or only have a 2 digit entry. Resizing would potentially eliminate scrolling just to see what is in a column to the far right.

I know these are not huge issues, but just might make for a nicer interface???

Lastly, I have some other input on my odd cadence issue. It always happens, but I have determined that it will stay at the cadence that I was last pedaling. So if I'm pedaling at 50 RPM and stop, then the displayed cadence will alternate between 50 and 0. If I pedal at 50 RPM, then slow to say 10 RPM, then stop, the displayed cadence will alternate between 10 and 0 RPM. this is with Vector pedals, and the cadence is provided by them, not a GSC10 or such.

Enjoying using MT, thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Clyde,

Allowing the user to re-position and adjusts the sizing on the bottom widgets is definitely doable, will put it in the next release. Thanks for mentioning, even though not big issues, I want the best interface possible :)
For the cadence issue with your Vector, it's the decoding of the cadence data with a power meter that needs to be fixed, the details you told me helped a lot. So it's always when you stop pedaling, 0 should be displayed and not the last value you had, will fix this.

Update:
Check out this :
https://www.dropbox.com/...ttomWidgets.png?dl=0
Would this be better? I put the balance Widget on the left of the Power Widget.
For the extra space, if you hide a widget, the graph should extend and take the extra space. Will modify a bit the widgets to improve space management (minimalist takes too much space atm)

Thanks for the great feedback as usual, helping improve MT!
Max

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Dec 19, 14 15:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, cadence is when I stop pedaling. To wake up the Vectors, you have to pedal a couple of times, then it wil pair with MT. If I spin them real quick by hand (can even be reverse of normal direction) and then open a workout, then MT will alternate between 0 and whatever RPM I spun them at. I have figured out to just spin them a couple of time real quick and then a rotation or two at a very slow rpm. This way doesn't start the workout to soon :-)

In you example, I definitely like the power bar, and the cadence together as you have them shown! I have found on an interval of any time (like more than 30 sec) that I can get power in the target range, then just keep cadence steady, and if I drop out of power range, I can see the color change in my peripheral. Just works for me.

Have a great weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, oh and forgot about the workout editor, will try and save some space on the columns (maybe put them re-sizable too). Target Cadence and Heart Rate is a little wide for no reason you are right. See you next week for more stuff to test :) Good weekend!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it would be nice if when you log in you could save password or have remember me option so you do not have to type in password every time, an auto log in would be even better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another thing that I have not seen discussed is the option to edit the canned workouts. You could write protect the original so that the new edited version needs a new name but this is a great way for people to build new workouts. One problem is not being able to log onto the software when you do not have an internet connection. If one has an operational version loaded then you should be able to run standalone? If not what happens if I want to do a workout and for some reason my internet connection is down.... then MT is not usable and I have to revert to another option. I do note though that once you have logged in you can run the software without a connection, ie in case you loose the connection you can still keep running once you have logged in. I realize you have talked about checking for updates, but if my version is running OK then I am happy, if I need to log in every time that is a bit of a pain. One option might be to have to do a full update set if you have not logged in for a while, that would help, as well people might be more inclined to log in at regular intervals to stay up to date or you could limit the number of off line log ins to 2 or 3 ? look forward to seeing where this keeps going.
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the running without an internet connection thing. there have actually been times when I couldn't use mt (i.e. travelling, going to my cottage, storm, ect...). perhaps if you had to log on with an internet connection once a week or something like that to check for updates. being able to use mt 2 or 3 times before needing an internet connection would actually be a fantastic change and be a huge plus for the software.
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [fruity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another thing is to allow people to share workouts on your site. Once I generate a workout through the editor I should be able to publish it to a central database fo other to use and share/ edit and improve. The next level is for users to generate plans so that others can download a plan and use it such as a base section, a build with different goals such as improve FTP, or improve endurance.

In the editor it would be nice if when you clicked to edit a duration time the whole set of numbers was highlighted so you could either just type in a new time or paste one in without any further click and drag to eliminate the previous time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
it would be nice if when you log in you could save password or have remember me option so you do not have to type in password every time, an auto log in would be even better.

Auto-login
Yes I received this request a few time, will see what is possible to do. Maybe an option "auto-login" that you can activate. A way of "log-out" inside the software would then be needed if someone wants to switch users/etc. (Adding to nice-to-have list)

Internet
About the no internet connection thing. I will see if an option like "offline mode" at start-up could be made. Problem is like you said with updating and there are parts of MT that requires an internet connection. For example your sensors and profile data is saved with your username, so if you log on another computer, you don't have to repair your sensors or input your zones, etc. Maybe a stripped down version of MT could be possible in Offline mode, but as of right now, not the full software as many part require an internet connection.

Share workouts/workout plan
Right now you can share your workouts manually. For example a coach could create a whole training-plan, zip all the files and put it on his blog, or send the plan to his athletes by email. I want to let the user free to do what they want with their workout/plans. However, I also want great training-plans to be inside MT without having to look all over the internet, so I 'plan' to have multiple training-plan already included with the software. On the long term, I think a forum where people can exchange workouts and some sort of central database could be something possible.

s5100e wrote:
In the editor it would be nice if when you clicked to edit a duration time the whole set of numbers was highlighted so you could either just type in a new time or paste one in without any further click and drag to eliminate the previous time.
Will check that, on my test version, you can click the "duration" column once, and begin typing right away, start typing hours, minute and second so you don't have to use the mouse.

Will release a new version tomorrow then MT team will be away a few days for snowshoes expedition :)
Have a great Christmas!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Autoscaling for cadence mini graph seems to be broken in version 1.17. Pretty sure it worked ok in 1.16.
Have a nice Christmas holiday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClaudeOne wrote:
Autoscaling for cadence mini graph seems to be broken in version 1.17. Pretty sure it worked ok in 1.16.
Have a nice Christmas holiday!

Thanks for the info Claude, a small typo occurred, fixed! Nice holiday to you too :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Max look forward to the next build, Have a Merry Christmas, and snowshoe break.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
Hey Max look forward to the next build, Have a Merry Christmas, and snowshoe break.

Hey I had the time to squeeze a little update tonight.
Let me know how it works with your CT, can't set load yet, but you should be able to see your power data, etc.
Send me the debug log if you have any problems

Thanks a lot and happy 2015 all
Max

Edit: I'll be off for a few days, send message to support@maximumtrainer.com if you have anything to report :)

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Jan 2, 15 16:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just a suggestion to set the stop time at 40 rpm to have a delay, ie 5 seconds at less than set RPM. sent you a note regarding computrainer. thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey I will add this to my list
Would this wording be okay? Start workout when X is over Y for at least Z seconds (Z will be a choice from instant to 1-5 secs)?
Thanks,
Max

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MaximumTrainer wrote:
Hey I will add this to my list
Would this wording be okay? Start workout when X is over Y for at least Z seconds (Z will be a choice from instant to 1-5 secs)?
Thanks,
Max
yes that should work, thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Max, this is one to sync with for a short HIIT program
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI_nSzypjO4&list=PLUdAMlZtaV13e3-rJq1W0O1kf2DVlslmC&index=1
then when the computrainer is set up we can redo as a power or slope version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another suggestion, when you are in edit mode and you high light a segment in the input grid say segment 5, then it should highlight that segment on the graphic and vice versa, hen you click on a segment in the graphic the same segment in the editor should highlight. This would make editing much easier from a visual point of view.

also I tried to run a youtube video today in the video viewer and Maximum trainer crashed, but I could run a local vid so it might be something with the link will try again later, or maybe a setup issue in MT? Another thought is having a key in the video window to play pause instead of right clicking which is too hard on the trainer, or have the video play sync with the cadence start and stop would be absolutely unbelievable. Do you think that is do-able or is it there and I have not found it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one additional wish, to have accumulated TSS on the workout dash board. Normalized power would be nice but for a trainer session it should be pretty close to average power. The power graphic takes up a lot of real estate in the dashboard which to me could be used for power numbers. I can basically see the graphic in the full graphic window, because it is still there when watching video, I would prefer to see the numbers in the dashboard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
another suggestion, when you are in edit mode and you high light a segment in the input grid say segment 5, then it should highlight that segment on the graphic and vice versa, hen you click on a segment in the graphic the same segment in the editor should highlight. This would make editing much easier from a visual point of view.

also I tried to run a youtube video today in the video viewer and Maximum trainer crashed, but I could run a local vid so it might be something with the link will try again later, or maybe a setup issue in MT? Another thought is having a key in the video window to play pause instead of right clicking which is too hard on the trainer, or have the video play sync with the cadence start and stop would be absolutely unbelievable. Do you think that is do-able or is it there and I have not found it?

Great suggestions!
For the Youtube videos, make sure you have the latest flash for firefox installed (check the FAQ for the download link). Let me know if you have it, and if it crash again with the latest version, if you notice something that could have triggered this. The webPlayer is still experimental right now. I think syncing the video with a flash video (youtube) could be possible, I could just send a signal to the flash player to stop/resume the video when the cadence drop under a value like I'm doing with the local video, not sure the flash video supports this, will investigate!

Added to list
- Workout Editor : Highlight graph and list interval when selecting an interval on the graph or in the list.
- Accumulated TSS in real-time (still need to find the formula to calculate this in real time)
- Play/Stop a flash video (youtube,..) without clicking, like the local video player.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tss at any time is the calculation, TSS=100*((normalized power)^2 *seconds)/ (ftp^2*3600)
since you can calculate the normalized power for any time point then this can be calculated for any point in time. This is a rework of a calculation in Allen and Coggan's Training with a power meter book. hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Max, I think there is a problem in the latest version. My last two workouts, all connection to ANT sensors got lost. One workout after 29 min and the other after 25 min. I was using my Garmin in parallel and there was no problem with the sensors. When I switched from the workout window to the main window, the sensor was stated as "Busy". The status "Busy" remained after closing the workout window. Restarting MT returned it to "Ready". The TimeLine continued, so it did not detect the cadence as 0, but displayed it at the latest recorded value. HR and calculated power also remained at the latest recorded value. The graph stopped displaying. I mailed you both files. If you need anything else to investigate, let me know.
Quote Reply

Prev Next