Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
Hey Max
I just updated to 1.09 and rode for just a few minutes.
Couple of items:
  • did you purposely delete the workouts other than FTP Test?
  • the pedal balance is not working on correctly for me. I moved from 1.07 to1.09, and it did work correctly on 1.07.
I played with creating my own workout, and is pretty simple, would be nice if when enabling the pedal balance that it defaulted to 50/50.
Thanks again for your work and product!

Hey Clyde,

1- Yes I removed the 3 included workouts, most of the users didn't seem to use them, I will add complete a training plan soon created by someone with the skills to do that (not me!)
2- I probably broke some things doing the power meter calibration, will be fixed in 1.10! Default 50/50 value for balance power, good idea!
Stay put for 1.10, Will at least include power meter calibration, warning for low battery, and maybe training plans.
Thanks for using MT and helping me improve it!

Free Indoor Cycling Software - https://maximumtrainer.com
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [MaximumTrainer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats, MaximumTrainer is in DC Rainmaker's Trainer App Review: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...r-trainer-depth.html
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [ClaudeOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Claude for your support since the start of MT!
1.10 is now live, it has quite a lot of changes !
Good to see dcrainmaker review of the app! I always liked his site as it's not affiliated with any company and the reviews are top-notch.

clydecat wrote:
I played with creating my own workout, and is pretty simple, would be nice if when enabling the pedal balance that it defaulted to 50/50.
Hey Clyde, let me know if your power meter balance is working now. I tested it with a simulator (to poor for Vectors..) and it works fine here ;)

fruity wrote:
i'm using the new version and I see at the top where it says calibrate beta ect... is that supposed to be a button or something cuz nothing happens when I press it or anything
Hey Fruity, I added calibration support in 1.10. It's still in beta so let me know if you have any problem. The default calibration timeout is 30sec.
Thank you all for testing!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He Max, you're welcome. I'm enjoying MaximumTrainer a lot and that's a boost for my performance!
You will need to review the scaling on the mini graph for Power. I did an aerobic workout with only a HR target, and during that workout the max value for the scaling in the power mini graph was 190W. Don't know where that comes from but it's too low. I noticed that the scaling changes with the target value. Maybe it would be better to change the scaling with the real-time value?
The problem with the glitches seem to be gone completely. Question on the Rolling Average: are you applying the average only on the displayed value and storing Power values every sec in the tcx? Or are you storing the averaged values in the TCX?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClaudeOne wrote:
He Max, you're welcome. I'm enjoying MaximumTrainer a lot and that's a boost for my performance!
You will need to review the scaling on the mini graph for Power. I did an aerobic workout with only a HR target, and during that workout the max value for the scaling in the power mini graph was 190W. Don't know where that comes from but it's too low. I noticed that the scaling changes with the target value. Maybe it would be better to change the scaling with the real-time value?
The problem with the glitches seem to be gone completely. Question on the Rolling Average: are you applying the average only on the displayed value and storing Power values every sec in the tcx? Or are you storing the averaged values in the TCX?

Hi Claude,

Mini-graph
Good idea on scaling the mini-graph with real-time values. Now it always follows your power target, if you don't have one, it stays at a "generic" low range (40% to 80% of your FTP). The problem I can see with real-time scaling is that the graph will move a lot and may be unreadable (or i'll need an algorithm to not ajust the graph every value received, but instead when it's out of the graph) , i'll test it a bit the later option and see how it works. Could be a good option when there is not power target for an interval.

Rolling(moving) Average :
Good question! The rolling average is applied to both the display value and the stored value. Stored value keep a power value (as well as other sensor data values, hr, etc.) for every second of the workout, it can result in some big .tcx files depending on your workout length. but I figured more data is always better and storage is cheap nowadays.

Let me know if you have any other good idea like this! This week I will release the Mac version (for real this time!) so new features may come a bit slower for now. I need to consolidate the program code so it can evolve better on the long term rather than packing new features and let it become a code mess :)

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Dec 1, 14 14:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the new version. Tried to use the calibrate function before I started my ride and it takes a long while and eventually times out. I will try again part way through to see if it works then, could be something other than mt though and power2max claims I don't need to recalibrate so no big deal. I think the next thing riders may want, is just "free ride" where there is no target, just a chart being created throughout the ride or something like that.
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [fruity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fruity, I was going to mention the free ride as well. What I did to accomplish the same was to just make a workout with a warmup interval and then one long interval for the rest of the ride, with a very broad power target. Accomplished what I wanted for just getting on and riding.

I had the same result with the calibrate button, but then I wonder if it is for a specific type of power meter, so didn't worry about it. I did compare power on the screen to power displayed on my garmin, and they were the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Free ride function is not too hard to do, i'll do it when I get some "free" time ;)

About the calibration, I only tested it with a simulator that auto-reply with calibration success message.

How does it work with a "real" power meter, do you have to do some kind of "procedure" so that the power meter emit a calibration success message? Right now, the delay for the timeout message is 30sec after you press the button (you have 30sec to do the calibration procedure), but you can ignore the timeout message and do your calibration procedure if it takes more time, the software is made to receive all calibration message even after the timeout. If you get a good calibration, you should see this message in the bottom right corner saying "Calibration success". Let me know if the timing is too short or anything, never calibrated a real PM!

Thanks guys!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am still thinking about a possibly good solution for the mini graph scaling. Maybe adjust the scaling only when the realtime value gets to 10% from one of the limits? I'll have a look at the code and do some more thinking. ;-)
About the Moving Average: I asked the question because I'm doing all analyses afterwards from the data available in the TCX. If power values are already smoothed in the TCX, this will have an influence on NP, IF, TSS. With a 2 sec average, this is probably not noticeable. But with 5sec average, TSS may be estimated too low. A datapoint every second is what most analysis programs use, so you should not try to reduce file size by removing data points.
We are getting more and more in to details. Guess that means that the program is "growing up" :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am having tons of trouble douwnloading the new version, never happened before, soo many error messages and computer risk messages. I don't know whats happening, and I cant use the previous version I have downloaded, guess Im using my garming tonight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey fruity, you have problem with the latest version?
send me the screenshot of the message you got if you can "max@maximumtrainer.com"
Also a small error slipped in 1.12 with the FTP test calculation, if you did it recently, i'll put a new version in a few minutes

Edit: web server is really slow tonight, not sure why, taking long time to download the version on the download page
will check with the hosting company what's up.. thanks for your patience

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Dec 2, 14 18:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok im trying to redo the download
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will put the new version in like 15 minutes, if you can wait, but 1.12 works fine here, send me the error you got
Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sent an e-mail with different screenshots, it could be something on my end, I will try again later to make sure everything is closed and I did it properly, normally I jut hit whatever it tells me to and it downloads
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I uninstalled maximumtrainer from my computer, downloaded the new version fine now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had some trouble downloading too yesterday (incomplete file), but got the file after a couple retries. Used 1.12 yesterday evening for an FTP test and it works OK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm contacting the hosting company (goDaddy) who had some problems recently hosting the website. Hopefully they can improve the speed somehow! Make sure you double check, if you did your FTP test prior to 1.13, I had a bug that would give you a lower FTP/LTHR than it should based on a wrong calculation. If you still got the .tcx file of the test, check the average power/heart rate of the 20min interval * 95% (last but one interval in the file). That should be your FTP.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can not download the new version. tried uninstalling the old one. when installing 1,13 it is still trying to close maximumtrainer application even though its not on my computer. I will try a restart and download.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fruity, I was able to download 1.13 this morning. Had no issues, and speed wasn't a problem either. It installed (I think on top of ver 1.11?) without any issues either. I know it doesn't help fix your difficulties, but just a data point of successful install.
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in the downloading processs one of the steps is download to folder "maximum trainer" I changed the name to "maximum trainer 2.0" so it wouldn't have to overwrite files and it was a successful download : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just FYI: downloaded 1.13 in less than 30sec and installed flawlessly over 1.12.
Max: this is an example of what I meant with the possible offline usage of the program. If you have an issue with the internet connection, or a download failure, you just can't do your planned training... Frustrating! Maybe you should provide a possibility to skip the update temporary. That would be one less possible No-Go situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good everything seems in order now. They promised me a 99.99% server up-time so should be good for now!
I wanted to do some kind of non-forced update system, but it's hard to check. Some updates are mandatory, other aren't, let say 1.12 is mandatory and 1.13 is optional. Someone who has not logged for a long time that is on 1.10 and see 1.13 is optional, refuse the update, that would be problematic because 1.12 was mandatory and that could lead to bug/crashes inside MT. The thing is i'd be complicated to verify all possibles cases, so I make all update mandatory now :)

Update for the mac version release : Will have to postpone once more, I don't have a mac in my hands for this week. Next week should be good.

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Dec 4, 14 11:49
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [bigsur28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigsur28 wrote:
I am really enjoying the recent changes you have made and I am excited to see the software continue to improve. Here are a couple of suggestions I have:

1. Ability to delete default workouts
2. Option to show HR as % of Max and Power as % of FTP in the detail view

Hey bigsur28, better late than never, but you should be able to achieve these 2 things in the new version (1.14)
Full change list in 1.14 here

fruity wrote:
I got the new version. Tried to use the calibrate function before I started my ride and it takes a long while and eventually times out. I will try again part way through to see if it works then, could be something other than mt though and power2max claims I don't need to recalibrate so no big deal. I think the next thing riders may want, is just "free ride" where there is no target, just a chart being created throughout the ride or something like that.

Yo Fruity, Calibrate has been reworked a little and "Open Workout" mode (aka Free Ride) is now inside MT!

ClaudeOne wrote:
I am still thinking about a possibly good solution for the mini graph scaling. Maybe adjust the scaling only when the realtime value gets to 10% from one of the limits? I'll have a look at the code and do some more thinking. ;-)

Salut Claude, I tried something in the new version with auto adjustment with the mini-graph (only when there is no target for an interval). If your value is out of the graph, the left scaling is adjusted right away. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to uninstall maximum trainer and then restart my computer to have a successful download, seems its only my computer but that's ok. the ability to not see the included workouts, works, same with the % of ftp /lthr (but just for the target not real time). The calibration button changes also are working great. today I will try the free ride mode and the power graph scaling (normally I use the detailed power option).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like what you did with the automatic scaling. It works very well for HR in steady state and in interval mode. Haven't tried it with power yet. Will do that probably this week.
Quote Reply

Prev Next