Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [MaximumTrainer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you use "erg" files to create workouts? I am wanting to create workout files for Sufferfest videos, and don't need to go through the effort if there is a simpler solution.
Last edited by: clydecat: Nov 6, 14 15:32
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [ClaudeOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Claude!
I'll check the tcx file. I probably need to check and not input negative power into it (can happen with weird power curve calculation..)
Will see and fix that!

The thing about subfolder is more for yourself, I just meant that you can have as many folder as you want, the program will try to find .workout files in every subfolder. I wanted to keep the field "plan" for the plans that will be provided with the software eventually, will see what is possible to do for user made plan in the future, as of right now the best thing to class your plans is with the field "creator".
Will keep you updated for future changes

Happy training!
Max

Free Indoor Cycling Software - https://maximumtrainer.com
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
Can you use "erg" files to create workouts? I am wanting to create workout files for Sufferfest videos, and don't need to go through the effort if there is a simpler solution.

Hey clydecat,
I've been getting this request quite a lot, I'll check out what are the most popular workout format (erg, ...? ) and try to create a import function so that you can import workout from just a click. Added to the list of things to do :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Max,
Thanks for your work!

I do have some Erg files I could send you if you need.

Thanks
Clyde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just did my first workout on the new version released with rolling power average. During my 5th recovery interval I went to fill up some bottles and came back to see that the average power for both interval and workout were like -2,000,000 by the start of the next interval the interval average reset but the workout was still very negative. I don't know how to upload pictures from my computer to slowtwitch but I do have some.
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [fruity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fruity wrote:
I just did my first workout on the new version released with rolling power average. During my 5th recovery interval I went to fill up some bottles and came back to see that the average power for both interval and workout were like -2,000,000 by the start of the next interval the interval average reset but the workout was still very negative. I don't know how to upload pictures from my computer to slowtwitch but I do have some.

Hey fruity thanks for sharing! I just found out the problem (Claude also had it). It's a problem when power value is at 0 that causes that, i'll make a patch and upload the fixed version tonight.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks.
It's really cool how you fix things super quick when its free, just to help others out.
Really good training tool that I no longer train without : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue, was having power and cadence dropouts. On a different program(Golden Cheetah) so thought it was an issue with my sensors. As in a conflict with the Vector pedals providing power and cadence, and a GSC10 for speed and cadence.

Looking forward to the update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
I had the same issue, was having power and cadence dropouts. On a different program(Golden Cheetah) so thought it was an issue with my sensors. As in a conflict with the Vector pedals providing power and cadence, and a GSC10 for speed and cadence.

Looking forward to the update.

Alright guys I put the new version online, should fix the negative power value with moving average activated, tested it with simulator, looks fine, will do a real workout tomorrow to make 100% sure.

As for power and cadence dropouts, it's often a sign of bad signal reception from the ANT+ stick, you should try to get your ANT+ stick as close as possible to your sensors to get better data. A goold old USB extension should do the job if you don't already have one :)
Sure send me a few of those .erg workout so I can see the structure they use: "max@maximumtrainer.com" Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll send you the files in the morning when I power up my desktop.

I have my ANT stick on a usb extension cable and have tried it on the floor under the bike, as well as hanging in my water bottle cage. I might try it without the cable to eliminate that possibility too. I have also tried the stick that came with my vector pedals (the small stick) as well as the earlier larger stick.

Clyde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the "Remember me" option fell off the Todo list ;-)
@ Clide: From experience the best place for the ANT+ stick is where you normally have your head unit, around the stem. Since you have Vector pedals and I don't, I don't know if it is valid for them also. But it is the case for my Speed/Cadence sensor. On the floor seems to be the worst option. For speed/cadence sensors, check the distance between magnet and sensor. It should be 4-6mm. Too close is just as bad as to far!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClaudeOne wrote:
Looks like the "Remember me" option fell off the Todo list ;-)
Yeah I've been looking for a clean way to save both user and password, but saving password involve saving it on the computer and that can possibility lead to a risk (user/password) getting stolen if someone access your computer. I'm probably worrying too much.. but until I can find a safe way this is not acceptable IMO :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think everything should be fine with the moving average now.

Did a quick workout with 3sec activated, stopped a few times and everything looks fine.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/628255349

Let me know if you guys still have issue with it! Thanks :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Max.
Issue is still there. History file from yesterday workout with patched version sent by mail.
Another thing I noticed during yesterday's workout: When there is no HR target specified (only Power target), the scaling for the mini graph HR is top end limited to LTHR. When you go above LTHR, the HR value is displayed but the graph goes of screen. Scaling should go at least 15% above LTHR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClaudeOne wrote:
Hi Max.
Issue is still there. History file from yesterday workout with patched version sent by mail.
Another thing I noticed during yesterday's workout: When there is no HR target specified (only Power target), the scaling for the mini graph HR is top end limited to LTHR. When you go above LTHR, the HR value is displayed but the graph goes of screen. Scaling should go at least 15% above LTHR.

Hello Claude,
Okay new version "1.07b" is online, hopefully the negative average is gone now, weird that it happens only for 1 sec of the workout.. added a few checks before calculating the average.
I just adjusted the graph, 15% above LTHR ;)
Good training!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weather forecast is nice for tomorrow, so I'll be out on the road for a 3hr ride. Will test the new version on tuesday. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh lucky you.. already in the minus down here -_-
Have fun!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see that normalized power is only displayed as before the workout, is it possible to display np for intervals/workout real time while cycling. So if im doinglet's say 30min tempo intervals I can see my np of the interval vs. my interval average ect...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have checked and adjusted my ant stick, still having drop outs. Next is to replace the batteries in my vector pedals. Fortunately MaximumTrainer is dealing with the dropouts in a good manner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a bit of a play with this and all is looking good.

I did notice that when i login on the web site it tells me that i have 1 month and xx days left of my subscription.

Does this mean that you will be charging for this in the future?

Will it be, in the future, multi ride ( like Perfpro/peripedal) or stay single rider ( like Trainer Road)?

Will you be able to import workouts from other programs? Or have some way to convert them to your format.

The longest you can make a segment of a workout is 59:59. I wanted to make a "free ride" 1:00 work out. This is to run it along side PerfPro to compare the 2.

Can you do a "manual ride" where you start it and it records until you stop it? seem you need to select a workout for each ride. hence the 59:59 segment of a work out above.

V1.06 had problems and was stopped from installing by my anti virus software, V1.07 seems to have fixed this.

As for Ant stick placement, the higher the better it seems I have mine on a 3m flat base extension stuck up on the wall in front of the trainers.

Works very well with all the programs mentioned above.

I'll check it out some more today

Looks good so far keep up the great work.
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [fruity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fruity wrote:
I see that normalized power is only displayed as before the workout, is it possible to display np for intervals/workout real time while cycling. So if im doinglet's say 30min tempo intervals I can see my np of the interval vs. my interval average ect...

That could be a possibility, however I need to find the best way to calculate this in real-time. Since NP is calculated with a rolling 30sec average, the value would only update at every 30sec inside the interval, unless i'm missing something... not sure a value updated every 30sec would be useful. Added it to the list until I find a good way to do it.

clydecat wrote:
I have checked and adjusted my ant stick, still having drop outs. Next is to replace the batteries in my vector pedals. Fortunately MaximumTrainer is dealing with the dropouts in a good manner.
A good way to check if it's the stick reception or your device that is in problem, if you have access to multiple device (hr strap, cadence sensor, ..), try them and see if the power is the only device having drop outs, if so you can isolate the problem and find if it's the device that's having problem. :)

1steely1 wrote:
I've had a bit of a play with this and all is looking good.

Good that you like it so far, still much work to be done!
You can ignore the website subscription, it is just used for test at the moment, beta will go longer that this. As for the future charges ($), there will always be a free version of MT. Maybe there will be other "plans" with more features, but it's still far too early to say what will be in it or not.
For the moment, I would like to focus on single rider and give the most functions possible to the user.
I want to add an import function so that you can import popular workout file inside the program (still not done at the moment)
The max length of an interval is 59:59, so that's probably why you were having problem to do 1h, you can just put a 30:00 interval with 2 repeat.
The "free ride" is a nice idea, I could add this into the software, let the user select "free ride mode" and just pedal as long as you want. For now, you can just create a "dummy" workout with more time than you plan and no target, and it should do the trick.
I'm still working to deliver the MAC version, so sorry if the features are not coming too fast for now, will get back to my TODO list soon! (p1 of this thread)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent point on the devices having the drop out issue. I never have it with heart rate or speed, so I would say that definitely points me to the vector pedals. Basic troubleshooting that I absolutely overlooked!

Sometimes we try to make the answer to difficult :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure about the normalized power, but my garmin does it, real time, and I can see it change throughout a ride. primarily used for longer/steady rides, and sometimes after about 20min doesn't vary much but throughout a ride can vary 2-3w (if i'm riding steady). i'm pretty sure your formula is correct because before one of my rides maximum trainer said the np would be 207w and I downloaded the ride to goldencheetah which calculated the np as 206w after I had done the ride. I guess to implement it in real time, you would need to do the same calculations you did before the ride, during/throughout the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
Excellent point on the devices having the drop out issue. I never have it with heart rate or speed, so I would say that definitely points me to the vector pedals. Basic troubleshooting that I absolutely overlooked!
Sometimes we try to make the answer to difficult :-)

Good let me know if changing the batteries helped! Also curious, did you try the "power balance" target with your Vector? I never actually tested it except with a simulator. Intro 1-2 has some power balance target at the start for warm-up.

fruity wrote:
I'm not sure about the normalized power, but my garmin does it, real time, and I can see it change throughout a ride.
Yeah I think the same formula could be used, do you notice the number changing every seconds on your garmin or every 30sec? Thanks ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
although not recommended to use np for intervals shorter than 20minat the start of an interval np slowly creeps up to average power changing a couple watts every second
Quote Reply

Prev Next