Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [fruity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

Anyone know some MAC user willing to test the software?
Seems my triathlon partners are taking too much time to get back to me..

If so, you can download the test version on the website

To install, just click the .dmg and copy to /Application. To use it, you have to right click and select "open" since i'm not yet registered with Apple developers.

I was able to run the software inside a virtual OSX(10.9) but I couldn't test everything.
What I would like to test:
- Are you able to play a video in the video player?
- Are you able to pair your ANT+ gear?
Any other things that seems off, just let me know at "max@maximumtrainer.com"

Thanks the faster I get the Mac testing done the faster I can go back to add more features for both Windows/Mac!

Free Indoor Cycling Software - https://maximumtrainer.com
Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Feb 26, 15 12:56
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [MaximumTrainer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep I'll give it a crack today. Can run it alongside the pc version to see for any differences
Last edited by: 1steely1: Nov 11, 14 15:32
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [1steely1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1steely1 wrote:
Yep I'll give it a crack today. Can run it alongside the pc version to see for any differences

Thanks 1steely1! Let me know if you find anything, the look should pretty much be the same as the pc version.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looking at it now, expect an email soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got to test MT earlier today for the first time and have a quick question: is it possible to view my workout graph? I know I can import the .tcx file to my Garmin Connect but I was curious to know if MT saves the completed workout.

Thank you for this incredible training tool!
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [m3bella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
m3bella wrote:
I got to test MT earlier today for the first time and have a quick question: is it possible to view my workout graph? I know I can import the .tcx file to my Garmin Connect but I was curious to know if MT saves the completed workout.

Thank you for this incredible training tool!

Hi! Currently the only kind of history you get is the .tcx after the workout. MT only saves the workout file, nothing else :)
If you want to analyse your workouts, I suggest you have a look at some workout analysis tools (SportTracks, Golden Cheetah, WKO+)

1steely1 wrote:
looking at it now, expect an email soon.

Hey steely, I updated a new mac alpha version here :
maximumtrainer.com/MT.dmg
The problem with the ANT+ stick on start-up was related to "Garmin express" on my test mac, I had to shut it down in the manager.
Software seems to run better in fullscreen on this mac.
Let me know if anything else "max@maximumtrainer.com"
Thanks

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Nov 12, 14 19:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Max,
Building up the program. Questions:
  1. How is the "Plan" column populated so workouts related to the plan have that field and can be selectable on the Plan drop menu field? I feel like I'm missing something. I am making both Power and HR based versions of the same WO and it would be ideal for this field to be used to differentiate them.
  2. I could not put any - or spaces in the workout name like your Intro examples show, are these allowed?

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmacandcheese wrote:
Max,

1. How is the "Plan" column populated so workouts related to the plan have that field and can be selectable on the Plan drop menu field? I feel like I'm missing something. I am making both Power and HR based versions of the same WO and it would be ideal for this field to be used to differentiate them.
  2. I could not put any - or spaces in the workout name like your Intro examples show, are these allowed?

Hey,
1 - The "Plan" field was more of a test thing at the moment. I will release a new version (1.08) probably tomorrow that let user edit the "plan" column of the workout:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn36w7ryqwjgiou/PlanNewVersion.png?dl=0
2 - I changed the naming convention, It's now possible to use "_", "-" and space in the name (1.08).
Thanks!

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Nov 13, 14 13:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Max,
Is there an "about" section in MT that shows "current version"? Do you have plans to add a "check for update" button or enable an "auto-update" feature? As of this writing, do you send out a mass email to let us know of an update?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [m3bella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
m3bella wrote:
Max,
Is there an "about" section in MT that shows "current version"? Do you have plans to add a "check for update" button or enable an "auto-update" feature? As of this writing, do you send out a mass email to let us know of an update?
Thanks

m3bella,
Currently not sending any email, maybe later.
You can see the current version when you start the software (bottom right).
You will get automatically prompted to download the new version on startup when it's there :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the software capable of transmitting power via ant+ so I can record my workout on my Garmin?

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using the software for a while, and yes it uses ant+. basically I have a ant+ usb stick into my computer that receives the ant+ signal from my power meter, heart rate monitor, cadence ect...
if u mean using the software and a garmin computer at the same time, I have yet to try that but am going to do a workout today, and will get back as to whether that works shortly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to see if the software is capable of transmitting virtual power so I can record it on my Garmin.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh... no idea... I don't have a speed sensor on my bike. I know though that mt records all workouts that can later be uploaded to training peaks, garmin connect, or golden cheetah, for further analysis which is what I do. I'm not sure about real time though for it to be able to process from a speed sensor then display it on a computer while simultaneously sending it out via an ant+ usb to a garmin device, but it can be uploaded to programs after the fact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-W- wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to see if the software is capable of transmitting virtual power so I can record it on my Garmin.

Hey W,
At the moment the program doesn't transmit calculated power back to ANT+ power.
But it record everything and save the workout as a .tcx file (like a garmin does)
Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. Thanks for the response.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmacandcheese wrote:
Max,

Hey it's still me, check out the new version, you should be able to create a full plan easily now.
Let me know if there's any issue with the name ordering or anything else, "max@maximumtrainer.com"
Thanks and good training!

Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [ClaudeOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClaudeOne wrote:
Awesome what you did with the messages! They now have my full attention: displayed at the point of interest and not getting in the way of anything else.
Rolling average works like a charm to. I used 2sec and it has my full approval.
I had another problem with importing the TCX in Sporttracks but was able to solve it by editing the TCX. The cause of the error was a negative calorie value, which was the result of a glitch in the power track (huge neg value). TCX and lines with problems have been sent by mail.
Did I understand correctly that creating subfolders in the Workout folder allow the workouts to be sorted by the name of the subfolder in the Plan column?

Hey Claude, hope the training is going well.
I changed a few things in 1.09, tcx file should be clean of errors now, let me know if you find something else.
Also added the folder customization like you wanted, if saved on dropbox, google drive, etc., you can keep all your data mobile now.
See you!
Max

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great!
Will try 1.09 this evening. Haven't done a lot of training last week because I had a Lab Test on saturday and wanted to be fully recovered. Made it to 300W and a VO2max of 52. That's an increase of 15W compared to last year. May not look to impressive to you and others on this forum but I measure 167cm, weigh around 65kg and am 50 years young! I'm not competing but ride about 250hrs a year, often with guys who are several decades younger.
Haven't seen problems with the tcx on the last 2 rides.
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [ClaudeOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClaudeOne wrote:
Great!
Will try 1.09 this evening. Haven't done a lot of training last week because I had a Lab Test on saturday and wanted to be fully recovered. Made it to 300W and a VO2max of 52. That's an increase of 15W compared to last year. May not look to impressive to you and others on this forum but I measure 167cm, weigh around 65kg and am 50 years young! I'm not competing but ride about 250hrs a year, often with guys who are several decades younger.
Haven't seen problems with the tcx on the last 2 rides.

Sounds good, I wish I had the weather and cycling partners like at your place!
I'm no expert, but your result are darn impressive, even beat a young fella like me ;P
I'm Working to support calibration message for all power meter so I can get ANT+ certification now, Mac user will have to wait a little bit more..
Have fun training!
Max

Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
I have checked and adjusted my ant stick, still having drop outs. Next is to replace the batteries in my vector pedals. Fortunately MaximumTrainer is dealing with the dropouts in a good manner.

Hey clydecat,
I just wanted to let you know, if you still having dropout with the vectors, it may not be the pedals.
As of right now, the program is just listening to "Power-only" message coming from the power meter. The software doesn't understand other type of power message, i'm implementing it right now as well of calibration and will let you know when it's done. It should result in more data coming in from power meters and hopefully less dropouts.
Thanks,
Max

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Max,
I am still having dropouts. I am saving my workouts on my my Garmin 510, then using that file for looking at after the ride. I see similar dropouts after importing the file to Golden Cheetah, but on a ride that is outside, I don't have the dropouts. So I need to move my bike and the computer to the garage, or somewhere to try an eliminate any interference that might be causing an issue.

Also, I did watch the pedal balance display, and it matched up with my garmin display. Was interesting to watch :-)

Will be looking forward to future updates!
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm using the new version and I see at the top where it says calibrate beta ect... is that supposed to be a button or something cuz nothing happens when I press it or anything
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fruity wrote:
i'm using the new version and I see at the top where it says calibrate beta ect... is that supposed to be a button or something cuz nothing happens when I press it or anything

Hey Fruity, you can ignore the button for now, it is for my internal testing, power meter calibration is not supported right now, working on it!
Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Max
I just updated to 1.09 and rode for just a few minutes.
Couple of items:
  • did you purposely delete the workouts other than FTP Test?
  • the pedal balance is not working on correctly for me. I moved from 1.07 to1.09, and it did work correctly on 1.07.

I played with creating my own workout, and is pretty simple, would be nice if when enabling the pedal balance that it defaulted to 50/50.

Thanks again for your work and product!
Quote Reply

Prev Next