Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [Willrc91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GB team is heading to Rio today, presumably are other federations.

Less than two weeks to go until the event of the year (which will probably be untelevised!)
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [alex_emetique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would take that as a vote of no confidence in Spirig's current fitness by Sutton. Either that or she has an injury. Too bad.

alex_emetique wrote:
She just don't want to race against Gwen. Sutton mental gAme plan... Spirig is already selected and got her spot secure at euro games
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [dogmile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She won Euro Games, Euro Champs and declare in the swiss press that she don't want to race and prefer to do a marathon this fall
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [FeketeBlob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the people in Vitoria-Gastiez will be heading out at the end of the week.

Such a tragedy it won't be televised!!

Quote | Reply
If you have 200 000 euros :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember watching the 2014 European Championship on a live YouTube broadcast which was really little more than a camera in transition, with an appalling commentary by the awful Anthony McCrossan (the world's worst sports commentator). But you could at least see who was running through transition and provided some interest. So not even the chance of a webcast like that?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [kennick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kennick wrote:
Hey guys!

Can anyone tell me the song they play each time before the start?
There is this one specific song I get a 180 heartrate only hearing it.
It is played just between/while the athletes chose their spot for the swim start and the "heartbeat" everyone knows.
I am just curious what this crazy, electro hyper twirly psyched up song is all about and how it is called. Google did not helped this time. :(

Maybe some of you noticed the same while watching the start!

regards from germany
Nick :)

You LIKE that horrible sound? That's not a song, but the most annoying sound ever imagined and produced. I can't believe they've had it playing for two seasons (or more?). It wouldn't motivate me or fire me up in the slightest just before a race. Maybe it sounds better listening live, vs on TV, but I can't imagine it.

Maybe Barry can find out what it is and give us his opinion on listening to it live.

How about some Trailerhead or something truly musical and motivational like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JLy1Yqt7M
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
kennick wrote:
Hey guys!

Can anyone tell me the song they play each time before the start?
There is this one specific song I get a 180 heartrate only hearing it.
It is played just between/while the athletes chose their spot for the swim start and the "heartbeat" everyone knows.
I am just curious what this crazy, electro hyper twirly psyched up song is all about and how it is called. Google did not helped this time. :(

Maybe some of you noticed the same while watching the start!

regards from germany
Nick :)

You LIKE that horrible sound? That's not a song, but the most annoying sound ever imagined and produced. I can't believe they've had it playing for two seasons (or more?). It wouldn't motivate me or fire me up in the slightest just before a race. Maybe it sounds better listening live, vs on TV, but I can't imagine it.

Maybe Barry can find out what it is and give us his opinion on listening to it live.

How about some Trailerhead or something truly musical and motivational like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JLy1Yqt7M

Trust me- from personal experience it definitely motivates me- or more accurately scares the shit out of me. Haha.

Quote | Reply
kennick,

stress by justice is similar, not sure if it's the actual one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qXmxVySMzw
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [messien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
I guess it is the same genre... it is close, from what i've heard so far.
Unbelieveable some people publish music like this :D

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [jakob1989] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakob1989 wrote:
Why don't they add some split-screen interviews during the middle 30' of the bike. Not that hard to fill the time.

I had that exact same thought a while back. Barrie and Trevor always mention "When we spoke to Alistair/Javier/Gwen before the race..."

Just picture in picture them.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race1 wrote:
jakob1989 wrote:

Why don't they add some split-screen interviews during the middle 30' of the bike. Not that hard to fill the time.

I had that exact same thought a while back. Barrie and Trevor always mention "When we spoke to Alistair/Javier/Gwen before the race..."

Just picture in picture them.

I always got the impression those were off-camera, casual discussions at breakfast or dinner at the host hotel.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [FeketeBlob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure Alistair has gone to Rio with the rest of the British team as you mentioned?

Jonny's just uploaded a photo to twitter of Alistair cooking a meal for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NFs haves until monday to remove names on the starting list without sanction.

Several squad are leaving on Friday for Rio. If Alistair needs special treatment, it makes sense for him to travel later.

Also, if you read the Gbtri selection policies, with the injury of Jo, both brothers are losing the option to get a domestique.

1. If both British 2012 Olympic medallists meet the criteria above and NO other male athlete wins a medal at either of the 2015 Assessment Races, the nomination process will proceed straight to the selection of a Pilot Athlete.

http://www.britishtriathlon.org/...n_policy_summary.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah good to know.

In all honestly given the course it's unlikely a pilot/domestique could ever have worked because no other British man can come out of the water with them, and they can't catch up because of the hard bike hills.

Marc Austin did come into T1 in the commonwealth games to be fair to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bishop can swim and bike with them. He was the domestique of Benson at Euro Games (Baku).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a little update on the water quality at rio: as feared it is terrible. K read the email update to athletes and USA team doctors are "monitoring the situation"

Earplugs / nose plugs please!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you don't think graves can swim and bike with them (and then see them 40 minutes later at the finish)?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Graves definitely has the ability to help those guys out. But he would have to alter his training completely, in both swimming and cycling.He is a monster in both, but has built a diesel engine over the years. But I don't think it would be any problem to switch to the sprinters lane in swim workouts, and go to 3 crits a week for several months to fine tune what he would need. And spend a lot of time with the boys, as they seem to be master technicians in ITU tactics, and he can learn while having tongue hanging out. (-;
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Just a little update on the water quality at rio: as feared it is terrible. K read the email update to athletes and USA team doctors are "monitoring the situation" Earplugs / nose plugs please!

Maybe they should do the swim in the pool, no wetsuits obv, with lots of carpets laid out so that they donlip running out of the natatorium. Doing it in a semi-time-trial start with heats in the pool would imply much less drafting on the bike, which would make things very interesting:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Discussion Thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly this whole Rio test event seems like it has been organised shambolically by everyone concerned.

An number of things stand out immediately - 1) the cleanliness of the water is basic and fundamental, 2) the fact the ITU took so long to publicise the course and they didn't exactly do a good job of that [giving athletes and nations a few street names and telling them to use google maps is not acceptable], 3) the event should have been on the ITU series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and as best I can tell, it won't even be televised. This will be remedied if Gwen wins gold,perhaps...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It can't be included on the wc or WTS circuit if no one want to pay for it. They are offering no bourse and no itu points at this race. The shocking aspect is you don't see emergent nation at this test event. You can't blame itu, I think that bresil is just complicated.

Btw, they are asking the athletes to not go on the circuit in a group of 2 or 3, because there is an high chance that somebody will try to steal your bike...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btw, they are asking the athletes to not go on the circuit in a group of 2 or 3, because there is an high chance that somebody will try to steal your bike… ///

When i first faced there in 83, we had to have a lead and follow car for every workout, all with armed guards riding as passengers. Said that if you went out alone, that good chance you would get your bike and clothes ripped off. And as long as you didn't fight, they would leave you out in the middle of no where unharmed. Apparently not much has changed. For sure there are some Brazilians here on the site, what is your experience out riding alone in the big cities, and what do you do to prevent getting ripped off? Or is it all just overblown and just a precaution? We weren't even allowed to get on hotel elevators by ourselves, because at that time it was the crime of the moment to do hold ups between floors. Get all your stuff, then get out and hit the top floor while they got away. The other trick was to put a gun to your head while sitting at a red light, get your wallet, and just disappear between cars behind you. Worked out great until a few got shot right after they got the wallets..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_emetique wrote:
It can't be included on the wc or WTS circuit if no one want to pay for it. They are offering no bourse and no itu points at this race. The shocking aspect is you don't see emergent nation at this test event. You can't blame itu, I think that bresil is just complicated.

Btw, they are asking the athletes to not go on the circuit in a group of 2 or 3, because there is an high chance that somebody will try to steal your bike...

When I was doing spring training races in New York's Central Park back in the early 1970s, the word was if you came of the back of the group you were likely to get mugged for your bike. Needless to say, that provided extra motivation for this boy from the sticks to never ever get dropped;)

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply

Prev Next