Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What was truly comical about the TRS interview was how he completely dodged his tweet accusing anyone of not getting on board with Clean Protocol as dopers then proceeded to destroy any vestige of credibility CP had (which was basically zero anyway) by claiming it wasn't a lie detector and then describing what it was (a lie detector), proclaiming he is a clean athlete then saying he was worried about failing the test and responding to the TRS query of how he researched the test and got comfortable with it's credibility by saying he just talked to the owner a few times.

That's one hell of a sentence.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really hope my PhD holding, English professor of a wife never reads it.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it's true that he was doing drugs while he was competing in running how is it different from "cycling" doping? All recreational drugs are on the banned list so if you want to be technical about it... yeah, he doped.

travis_lt wrote:
Yeah it really takes balls to lump in a recovered drug addict with those former cycling dopers.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
If it's true that he was doing drugs while he was competing in running how is it different from "cycling" doping? All recreational drugs are on the banned list so if you want to be technical about it... yeah, he doped.

travis_lt wrote:
Yeah it really takes balls to lump in a recovered drug addict with those former cycling dopers.

No.

http://lsanderstri.com/about/

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [dalestephanos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalestephanos wrote:
why would you post this sort of thing? Way to shit out some internet hate. On Starky's worst day he's thousands of times more talented than you and you know it. Obviously this bothers you.

But I'm at least a thousand times better looking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try to play devils advocate with yourself for a moment.
Can you imagine any differences that exist between doing cocaine recreationally during a running career, vs EPO.

Think on it.
Yes there are similarities - both are banned, both are 'drugs'
But what is different?

sp1ke wrote:

travis_lt wrote:

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Can you imagine any differences that exist between doing cocaine recreationally during a running career, vs EPO.

Think on it.
But what is different?

sp1ke wrote:

travis_lt wrote:

Did you listen to the TRS podcast? Actual Starky claims that Sanders body is so messed up that he doesn't feel pain the same way a "normal" person would. Thus his "advantage".

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Oct 22, 14 10:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes and I would put that claim into the same category as Starky's claims about crank length and average yaw angles.

Troll Science

BLeP wrote:
Did you listen to the TRS podcast? Actual Starky claims that Sanders body is so messed up that he doesn't feel pain the same way a "normal" person would. Thus his "advantage".

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
dongustav wrote:
What's most amazing to me is that he rides an Orbea.

There is a long history of the strongest cyclists being on the not most aero frames, because the less established brands will pay more for them.

Stadler, and Torbjorn, for example.

No way, really?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I have to wonder about some of this.

Ross Rebagliati was caught with traces of marijuana in his blood after after winning the Gold Medal in the dual slalom snowboarding event. Think about it for a second - would a drug, that slows your reaction time as well as rendering other negative effects on the body and the CNS, be looked upon as an ADVANTAGE, in an event where you are hurtling down an icy slope at 50+ miles/hour, having to make split second decisions and pushing muscles to there limits?

Just saying. Just asking.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Ross Rebagliati was caught with traces of marijuana in his blood after after winning the Gold Medal in the dual slalom snowboarding event. Think about it for a second - would a drug, that slows your reaction time as well as rendering other negative effects on the body and the CNS, be looked upon as an ADVANTAGE, in an event where you are hurtling down an icy slope at 50+ miles/hour, having to make split second decisions and pushing muscles to there limits?

I remember Robin Williams did a bit about this, saying the only way it was an advantage was if they put a big Hershey bar at the bottom of the mountain

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

That's brilliant. Next he'll be advocating for no mums in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dongustav wrote:
jackmott wrote:
dongustav wrote:

There is a long history of the strongest cyclists being on the not most aero frames, because the less established brands will pay more for them.

No way, really?

Orbea and Starky are a good fit. After the whole debacle with Crowie, Orbea needed someone to ride really fast on their new bike to get some credibility back.

I'd bet Orbea has some sweet bonuses for Starky for being first off the bike, and for record bike splits. If he wins...great, but they need to get some bike cred back.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should probably amend my post to say that some brands are just altogether more or less supportive. One brand might just send you a frame and a check and demand a bunch of things from you, including results. Another might support you even when you are down (injured, trapped in Dubai, etc)

So yeah pros aren't picking bikes just on CdA, and the setup starky has isn't bad anyway.

Titanflexr wrote:
dongustav wrote:
jackmott wrote:
dongustav wrote:

No way, really?

Orbea and Starky are a good fit. After the whole debacle with Crowie, Orbea needed someone to ride really fast on their new bike to get some credibility back.

I'd bet Orbea has some sweet bonuses for Starky for being first off the bike, and for record bike splits. If he wins...great, but they need to get some bike cred back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Yes and I would put that claim into the same category as Starky's claims about crank length and average yaw angles.

Troll Science

BLeP wrote:

This. Do we really all think that Proper Starky is being 100% sincere in everything he says? That he isn't baiting the trolls? Hell, there were 10 minutes of that podcast devoted to Slowtwitch. He knows his audience -- and now here's a bunch of morons talking about him, proving him right.

How many people here have actually been hooked up to a polygraph machine? You're all telling me that being in a totally unfamiliar, high-profile science experiment wouldn't make you a little bit nervous about a false positive? How about a real world parallel:
  • I get a small amount of anxiety just answering the questions to donate blood -- and I know with certainty that I've never been to Africa, gotten a tattoo, shared needles with hookers, been exposed to HIV/AIDS, etc.

Surely I'm not the ONLY one on this forum who feels that way (nor the only person who understands The Proper Starky's personality for what it is).
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [HardKnox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [HardKnox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been hooked up to one. Told the truth the entire time. nearly sh!t my pants hoping I didn't come across as lying.

(still didn't get the job)

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
jackmott wrote:

Think on it.
But what is different?

sp1ke wrote:

travis_lt wrote:

Holy cr@p....I'm officially reverting back to my original assessment. What an asshat.

(feel free to include TRS, as well).

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I'd be incredibly nervous about taking a lie detector test because all of them have tons of false positives!

Was just listening to this week's IM Talk with an interview with the two guys running Clean Protocol. Lots of "thinks", "hopes", "shoulds" and other qualitative statments. But perhaps most damning, they readily admit that the testing on their protocol *only* has an 85% success rate.

15% of thsoe who take their tests fail it when they should have passed. Ummmm.....fook that.

I love what they are proposing - test for the behavior, not the substance. The knowledge of the behavior stays around long after the substance is gone. Great concept....but a really poor execution, IMO. The whole interview sounded like a sales pitch.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iank wrote:
Fleck wrote:

I remember Robin Williams did a bit about this, saying the only way it was an advantage was if they put a big Hershey bar at the bottom of the mountain

Used correctly, cocaine could let you train harder and more when you want to and weed could help you recover better and longer when you need to.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
... brings him to the top ....

You do realize he has gone faster at the 140.6 distance than any other American, right?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus many other drugs that are considered recreational are also performance enhancing e.g. amphetamines.
Have you ever seen a crackhead do a 40k TT?

But this is ST... you can do meth/coke/weed and compete but god forbid you drop your cap on your way to transition.

texafornia wrote:
iank wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Used correctly, cocaine could let you train harder and more when you want to and weed could help you recover better and longer when you need to.

Last edited by: sp1ke: Oct 22, 14 12:14
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Karl wrote:

You do realize he has gone faster at the 140.6 distance than any other American, right?

Until 2014 Florida...

I am a huge fan of Starky but if Sanders has an on-day in Florida he is going to have to say goodbye to that record...until he makes his way to Europe next summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Karl wrote:

Impressive considering all of the battles Mark and Dave and Tinley and all of those guys had at IMFL.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [vmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vmac wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Karl wrote:

Until 2014 Florida...

I am a huge fan of Starky but if Sanders has an on-day in Florida he is going to have to say goodbye to that record...until he makes his way to Europe next summer.

Lionel Sanders is a Canadian.
Quote Reply

Prev Next