Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Andrew Starykowicz Excuses
Quote | Reply
This guy always seems to have an excuse or complaint for so many of his races...I've started a list below, please add to the ones I have missed:

Kona 2013: Tainted Perform drink.
Kona 2014 DNF: Was on crutches at 70.3 Worlds. Whines about people not taking lie detector test after his DNF.
Challenge New Albany: Tubular ripped off the rim
WildFlower: Seat post dropped
Oceanside 70.3: Sick leading into race
IMFL 2013: leg cramps at 10km

Can somebody please have a WAMBULANCE ready at IMFL for this guy? He's already whining that Lionel Sanders has an unfair advantage from his drug use in the past.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [CgyTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty funny you are crying/complaining about someone else doing the same thing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any pro that has the balls to chase down a doper and yell "Doper" at him repeatedly has a free pass to do or say whatever he wants. Love the Starky.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah it really takes balls to lump in a recovered drug addict with those former cycling dopers.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why would you post this sort of thing? Way to shit out some internet hate. On Starky's worst day he's thousands of times more talented than you and you know it. Obviously this bothers you.
Last edited by: dalestephanos: Oct 22, 14 9:30
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good! Glad you agree!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a lot of triathletes that are that way. Nothing new. He has a win or nothing attitude. Lots of talent, we will see if his attitude brings him to the top or if he fades away.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Starky is becoming a bit of a pussy. Seriously!

Quote | Reply
Yes, I know it. No, it doesn't bother me.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [dalestephanos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalestephanos wrote:
why would you post this sort of thing? Way to shit out some internet hate. On Srarky's worst day he's thousands of times more talented than you and you know it. Obviously this bothers you.

Being talented doesn't make someone uncriticizable. And for all you know that could be Gary Hall you're responding to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dalestephanos wrote:
On Srarky's worst day he's thousands of times more talented than you and you know it. Obviously this bothers you.

LOL

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Last edited by: Birdmantris: Oct 22, 14 9:31
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could be Miguel Indurain too, but it's not. It's just some frustrated keyboard warrior.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dalestephanos wrote:
On Starky's worst day he's thousands of times more talented than you and you know it. Obviously this bothers you.

No on his worst day he is probably only 1.5 times more talented than most of us.

=)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they facts or excuses? Obviously things have not gone his way, and when that happens typically there is a reason for it. Personally, I find the problem with sports these days is athletes just aren't honest at all because they get the 'excuse' attack. Maybe he could spin some of those issues into a more positive light, but personally I like guys like him that don't have a filter.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected. In that case yes, absolutely, pile on the guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't every one basically make excuses when they under perform or don't perform up to their own or others expectations? We all do it. Read any triathletes blog after a race and they all have their excuses why it didn't go as planned. And there is really nothing wrong with this, excuses or reasons. There are reasons that things go bad. I find Starky pretty down to earth.

But it is true that he is definitely on the outside of the "in group" of triathletes. What I like about him is that he is Ok with this.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes and this is why the @triexcuse twitter account is so great

You can improve your online image crafting by adopting a simple rule:
Pick one or both of the following excuses when a race goes badly

1. I was too slow
2. I was too dumb

Ty wrote:
Doesn't every one basically make excuses when they under perform or don't perform up to their own or others expectations? We all do it. Read any triathletes blog after a race and they all have their excuses why it didn't go as planned. And there is really nothing wrong with this, excuses or reasons. There are reasons that things go bad. I find Starky pretty down to earth.

But it is true that he is definitely on the outside of the "in group" of triathletes. What I like about him is that he is Ok with this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [furiousferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of his accusations makes it sound a bit like excuses rather than facts. Hard to say? I tend to be a bit leery of the guy at this point, but am still hopeful he can be what he claims. Top end guys will get injuries, but accusing others of doping doesn't look classy (to me).

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why would you post this sort of thing?

Because despite the fact that internet has now been around for 15 years, and is now something that has become something that many of us use almost daily for all manner of things, some people still don't understand it or no how to use it properly.

You see a lot of this here - for the most part from anonymous posters who, feel comfortable hiding behind their anonymity.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
yes and this is why the @triexcuse twitter account is so great

You can improve your online image crafting by adopting a simple rule:
Pick one or both of the following excuses when a race goes badly

1. I was too slow
2. I was too dumb

well, that is just not fair. i can think of MANY times that the reasons I didn't do well were actually a combination of the two. :)

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's most amazing to me is that he rides an Orbea.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kathy_caribe wrote:
well, that is just not fair. i can think of MANY times that the reasons I didn't do well were actually a combination of the two. :)

one or both!!

Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dongustav wrote:
What's most amazing to me is that he rides an Orbea.

There is a long history of the strongest cyclists being on the not most aero frames, because the less established brands will pay more for them.

Stadler, and Torbjorn, for example.

Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz Excuses [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not anonymous.

Starky whines and has more excuses than most MOP amateur triathletes and that's saying a lot. His public persona is shit in my opinion, but some people enjoy it so I doubt it will be changing any time soon. Not that he really cares what anyone thinks any way. What was truly comical about the TRS interview was how he completely dodged his tweet accusing anyone of not getting on board with Clean Protocol as dopers then proceeded to destroy any vestige of credibility CP had (which was basically zero anyway) by claiming it wasn't a lie detector and then describing what it was (a lie detector), proclaiming he is a clean athlete then saying he was worried about failing the test and responding to the TRS query of how he researched the test and got comfortable with it's credibility by saying he just talked to the owner a few times. No doubt he's an entertaining guy every time he opens his mouth but that's pretty much all it's worth. Like he put on his helmet in Kona last year, he doesn't play well with others.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next