Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone here get charged twice for their order? I have two separate transactions for $599.99 in my checking account and my shipment confirmation email shows a shipment of 1x$1,199.99, which indicates that I didn't screw up and order two different sets of pedals by mistake.

Guess I get to wait until tomorrow to talk to someone about this.
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
darkhorsetri wrote:
Anyone here get charged twice for their order? I have two separate transactions for $599.99 in my checking account and my shipment confirmation email shows a shipment of 1x$1,199.99, which indicates that I didn't screw up and order two different sets of pedals by mistake.

But if you did [cough] ahem... well, uh, I know a way you could get rid of the second pair and make the first ones a little cheaper :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, same here. Annoying.

It's still "Pending" on my credit card, but I have one charge from 3 days ago (when I ordered) and a second today when it shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kula wrote:
Yeah, same here. Annoying.

It's still "Pending" on my credit card, but I have one charge from 3 days ago (when I ordered) and a second today when it shipped.

Yup...exactly.

Quote | Reply
Pending is usually just the initial test to make sure your credit card is good for the amount, restaurants do this too, should just go away after about two days.

I'm pretty sure Powertap is limiting this discount to one item per person. But anyone who manages to order two sets of pedals is going to have no problem turning the extra set around for a nice profit.
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too got a 'double order' in the system but only one shipment confirmation :-(

Pedals arrive on Tuesday, flying to Kona today... shei$$e!
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [steve1128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same, i asked and got 25% too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone is still buying and selling....I am unfortunately in the market for a new power meter. Feel free to PM me
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone isn't taking this offer I'd love a code...

http://www.tripothesis.com - Comprehensive Tri and running training plans starting at only $10.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
darkhorsetri wrote:

From Saris:

There is no issue with our system. There is a note that most people did not see during the checkout process explaining that if they use a debit/credit card, there will be a hold on the amount until we charge the CC for the invoice. Therefore, it shows up as two different payments. However, the first payment is just a hold that is marked “pending” on the statement which then will drop off in a couple business days after the order has been invoiced.
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If any Kona qualifiers want to buy and sell a pair of pedals I'd be interested in visiting with them about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First person to PM me can have my discount code. I was only interested in the C1 chainrings, but they won't fit my setup.

http://myaccount.trisports.com/...?referralCode=RUBJFW
Use code "SHARE15" for 15% off your order!
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [phope] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Code went out already to the first person who PM'd me. Sorry to those that missed out.

(Those replies were lightning fast!)

http://myaccount.trisports.com/...?referralCode=RUBJFW
Use code "SHARE15" for 15% off your order!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just sent you a PM, take a look, I obviously wasn't first, so pass on the info to the lucky guy!

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
phope wrote:
First person to PM me can have my discount code. I was only interested in the C1 chainrings, but they won't fit my setup.

It doesn't work like that, unless the KQer is actually ordering the stuff and passing it along. Powertap is screening who uses the code.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
phope wrote:

So if the code don't work I'll PayPal you money for you to buy them and make it worth your while.
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [garg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
garg wrote:
same, i asked and got 25% too

Damn, you guys must be good, I asked and they said "sorry... no" Doh!
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
I just find Powertap to be generally unprofitable products that are being given away to the "cool kids" to create a perception of value that is higher than is justified.
I got what you were saying... like years ago when Rudy Project GAVE away helmets at Kona and I think in the following years sold them at greatly reduced prices. They then ran ads about being the "top helmet at Kona"... after they'd stuffed the box so to speak. So I wonder if Saris will be doing similar... but yeah I got where you were coming from.

As a consumer (with three in college) I'm all for companies selling at greatly discounted prices or giving stuff away at large events like Kona. Congrats to those that got product at 50% off.
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
trentnix wrote:

I just find Powertap to be generally unprofitable products that are being given away to the "cool kids" to create a perception of value that is higher than is justified.

I got what you were saying... like years ago when Rudy Project GAVE away helmets at Kona and I think in the following years sold them at greatly reduced prices. They then ran ads about being the "top helmet at Kona"... after they'd stuffed the box so to speak. So I wonder if Saris will be doing similar... but yeah I got where you were coming from.

As a consumer (with three in college) I'm all for companies selling at greatly discounted prices or giving stuff away at large events like Kona. Congrats to those that got product at 50% off.
Honestly, I am feeling pretty vindicated considering how this thread turned out. :)

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told by Saris that it does not apply to wheelsets or disks. Did you order a wheelset and have the code work?

http://toddbyers.blogspot.com/ | @ToddByers
Quote Reply
Re: 50% off PowerTap for Kona Qualifiers... [TB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TB wrote:
I was told by Saris that it does not apply to wheelsets or disks. Did you order a wheelset and have the code work?

A friend of a friend was able to use it to place an order for a wheelset, though whether it might have been subsequently canceled I don't know. I'm guessing they might have allowed it at first and then reconsidered, much like they initially gave out 25 percent discount codes to non-qualifiers and then stopped. It doesn't seem like they thought this through very well (which might help explain why they did it in the first place, because I'm still thoroughly in the camp that thinks the cons significantly outweighed the pros from their perspective).
Quote Reply

Prev Next