Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Chris - I think the weekend of the Epicman/Whiteface challenge is the same weekend as the EN east Coast gathering at LP?

We should see if we can get some representation that would be way cool. I am wondering after doing Mooseman the week before if I would be sufficently recovered to do the Whitface TT and mayeb teh epic boy option without blowing to big hole in my IM LP build?

Cheers - JG
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [JamesG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, after RnP got shelled by Whiteface (and Pat formed the "I Hate Whiteface Hillclimb TT Club"), I'm not sure they'll want to partake again.

I think as long as you do the EpicBOY option w/ the reduced run, you should be fine. As Dev said, it's the long hard running off the bike that kills ya.
I ran 6m for my EpicBoy t-run, and it felt GREAT. I was almost tempted to do the whole thing, but I had a local sprint race the next am, so I had to maintain some sense of sanity and "save" at least a little bit for that.

I have often had my very best training results the weekend after a HIM. 4 days might be cutting it a bit close, but worst case, you can cut down on the riding and/or the run if you feel the need. There's no finishers award for EpicBoy, so doing less than already doing less is no crime.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thxs ML and congrats on your performance at the weekend I will buy you a beer at the brewery in June!, awesome, haven't seen you on EN for a while you taking a break?

I pick up my new P4 on Thursday so will also be joining the P4 Mafia, just got to sell the P3C now otherwise my wife will kill me 8-)

I think the reason Rich hated the TT up white face so much was he was on a borrowed road bike with a 21/11 cassette..ouch!!!

JG
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [JamesG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I have never heard epicman [with or without the ML stupidity challenge option] recomended by any actual coach anywhere I think it was a great thing to do as part of the LP build. Assuming you live through epicman you can go into LP thinking, no problem going around one more time with a taper and all the race day hoopla. We will for sure have some EN rep at Epicman again this year even if it is just me. The saturday long ride should be very little fun...
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

So when is the ML 2010 East Coast Smackdown Calendar being officially posted in a new thread?

From the banter it sounds like: Du Nationals, AZ spring edition, Mooseman, Whiteface, Epicman, Tupper Lake, Devil's Kitchen, Timberman, Demi Esprit, Toughman?
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be an epic race schedule...I am in for about half of that.
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So when is the ML 2010 East Coast Smackdown Calendar being officially posted in a new thread?

From the banter it sounds like: Du Nationals, AZ spring edition, Mooseman, Whiteface, Epicman, Tupper Lake, Devil's Kitchen, Timberman, Demi Esprit, Toughman?

I think that's pretty close, altho I'm not sure about Timberman.
Demi and Toughman could quite possibly be on the same weekend again. That opens up some interesting possibilities....

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the banter it sounds like: Du Nationals, AZ spring edition,

I WILL be there for these two if I have to ... well, I'm going to get there somehow. So, what length will be the official ST smackdown at AZ. I'll admit I would much rather do a 5 mile/29/5/29/5 version than the actual long course, but I'll be doing whatever you and TriBriGuy decide on because it's not about the winning or losing, but handing out or recieving the whoop-a$$ to those who need it.

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The official ST East Coast Smackdown schedule is (who died and made me king?) -
5/15 - Harriman Half Iron
5/16 - AmZof MC F-1
Mooseman
Whiteface
Epicman (not "boy")
Tupper Lake half iron - June (big bonus for fastest bike split)
Devil's Kitchen - July
Lake Placid iron - late July
Frost Valley Half Iron - August
SOS - early September
Kona

Top 30 places overall count. 1st = 30 points, 30th = 1 point.
Total accumulated points wins.

We all sign up and commit US $100.
1st overall gets 60% of total purse
2nd overall gets 30% of total purse
3rd overall gets 10% of total purse
4th overall gets "satisfaction" from Murphy's Law
5th overall is 1st loser.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spring AZ might be fun, but it's near Wildflower. I'd have to show you guys how a triathlete turned duathlete turned back into triathlete can lay the smack down.
Wait, wait, some of you already know that ;-)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, according to Mrs. ML, 4th O/A is the 1st loser. Woo Jack!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At Wildflower, you sleep in a tent in your own feces. At AmZof, you sleep at McGovern's Mansion, a/k/a "the frathouse". You and cdw can be "bunkies". Is there really a choice to be made?

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
5/16 - AmZof MC F-1
Mooseman
Whiteface
Epicman (not "boy")
Devil's Kitchen - July
SOS - early September
Kona

Yes, who died and made the 10th place AmZof finisher king??

I love SOS, and enjoyed it when I did it, but I'm in zero rush to do it again. Plus, it sells out in like 10 mins, so it's not very "smackdown friendly" if nobody can get in.
LP and Kona - been there, done that, got the T-shirts. Ditto the nobody getting in part.

Sept will likely find me either doing Du Worlds, or some combo of Demi Esprit and/or Toughman.

Epicman (not "boy") - he says now, having *never done it*, and especially not after the Whiteface Prologue.

I kinda like the idea in general, but, it rewards those (tetsuoni, cough cough) who were already planning on doing all that shit anyway.
There should be a list of say 12-15 ST-Approved Smackdown Venues, and each competitor gets to count their top 8 finishes, or something to that effect.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, ML. It was my FIRST long course, after doing all the RD work the day before, and, in fact, during the race itself, so don't harp on the 10th place shit too much.
Could I have won otherwise? Of course not. I didn't do the work, you did, and your victory will last forever.

So, let us all hammer out the Smackdown schedule now, in the Autumn, then pony up the cash. As fate would have it, I'm a licensed attorney with a trust account. We all pony up, we race 2010, and come some evening next October or November we all meet in, say, Lake Placid, get drunk, hand out checks and confirm, yes, despite all evidence to the contrary, life is f*cking good!

Yes, I may have been 10th in my first AmZof, but I finished. I suffered like never before, but I will not quit before my daughters, nor before all you harpy bastards on ST.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Yes, who died and made the 10th place AmZof finisher king?? "

Now THAT'S more like it, ML. A little well-earned hubris tossed in for good measure!

The STECST sounds like great fun...but I'd need to be independently wealthy and single if I were to take it on from down here in Chucktown. Come to think of it, if I did try it in my current situation...I would solve the single problem pretty quickly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so is AmZof MC going to be F1 format in may? so with new season brings new change
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cap'n, thanks for the Growlers! Just killed the Stout. Yummy.

ML says it was the best tasting thing from Charleston since he gave you the satisfaction you so urgently required.

Let the East Coast Smackdown commence, all you bitches!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's that? Do I hear the WAAAAAAAAAAAAMbulance coming for tetsuoni? ;-)

I still can't believe you didn't do a ride longer than 30m since Tupper. What are you, a f'n moron? Even *I* am not THAT stupid.

Per Mr Fancher, it could be difficult for many folks to get to several of those potential events, so mebbe we have to set it up so that, only the best 4-5-6 point results get counted into one's total. It would still favor those who do more races, just since they would have more shots to do well, but at least those who are only able to do a few could still have a reasonable shot at it.

Life is quite f*cking good. Especially if you are me. : )

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being able to do an F1 was 1 of many reasons for the change to spring.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for 2010, there is one and only 1 east coast smackdown, sez the 21st AmZof LC finisher:

May 15th: Harryman Half Iron
May 16th: AmZof LC

36 hours of pain: 1.2 miles of cold water swimming, 140 miles, 14000' of climbing on the bike, 33 miles, 4500' of climbing on the run.

from what i read, just an average weekend for the ultra crowd. so lets see the hard men and women step up and show us how its done. otherwise, you can just watch me and my 15 min/mile pace on the last 10 miles on 5/16/2010 :)
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [dawhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm formulating a serious plan....

Harriman....AmZof....visit home in Illinois for a few days...Triple T on the return trip to Charleston.

I won't be setting any land speed records if I do that.....but its gotta be worth at least minor bragging rights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there really a choice to be made?

Not for me. I'll never choose a tri over a duathlon.
The question is, do you want to put up with me for two weeks after DU nationals? :) Somebody on the east coast is going to have to do it, or i'll be camping at Lunga Reservoir the whole time in Quantico. On the other hand, since my wife is doing nursing school and I am at home doing the household chores, I've learned to cook all kinds of things and I challenge you to find anybody who makes better chocolate chip cookies.
We need to just go with the F1 version next spring. Alternate LC and F1. The smackdown ought to be the main event.
Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
5/16 - AmZof MC F-1
Mooseman
Whiteface
Epicman (not "boy")
Devil's Kitchen - July
SOS - early September
Kona

I am in for some of this [u get me into sos and kona a bit more]. I trust you with a few hundred dollars notwithstanding that you are a licensed attorney ;-)

If nothing else it will be fun to drink beer and watch the awards get handed out. We can do early season "practice" on the beer drinking and life is good plan at my camp after tupper.

Now I need a P4 for sure...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with ML. There needs to be a list of 15 East Coast smackdown approved events. You pick your best 5 finishes and you can only get points from that event, if there are 3 or more smackdown participants present.

How about this for a real kick ass list:
  1. US Du Nationals,
  2. Harriman, AZ,
  3. Mooseman Rev3 Half,
  4. Whiteface,
  5. Epicman/boy (points derated for Epicboy),
  6. Tupper,
  7. Devil's Kitchen,
  8. Musselman,
  9. Frost Valley,
  10. Vermont Sun Half Iron,
  11. Timberman,
  12. Vermont Sun Half Iron,
  13. SOS,
  14. Canadian Half Iron,
  15. Demi Esprit,
  16. Toughman,
  17. Savageman

I don't think we can have any events on there like LP that are already sold out (although most would end up with ZERO points anyway on account of not finishing in top 30) or Kona that actually require qualification as by definition a smackdown should be open to all comers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That's some serious AmZof history packed into 2 pics there:

Corey B - 2x 2nd place LC finisher, AmZof 1.0 & 5.0
Alex L - defending champ, course record holder, top 3 again
Yoda - LC 1.0, SC, MC finisher & ICB/KCB visionary
Chris G - the rookie, SC finisher
JM - our fearless RD, now SC AND LC finisher
Richard B - 4 time LC finisher and 4 time Winner of Tetsuoni's Money (1.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0)
ML - some local piker who likes free beer and Winning Tetsuoni's Money (see above)
Brian F - 2x LC finisher

And of course, the man, the myth, the legend, Krol - 5x LC finisher.
Okay, Chirs G has to change his handle to "The Rookie" for the rest of the week.
Quote Reply

Prev Next