Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! By the way, those orphaned bottles of Jameson's and Bailey's have found a new home.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

here is the man the myth the legend, Yoda doing his
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"....but if they're held on successive days, it would make a great training / racing trip south for you Canucks, e.g. Harryman olympic Saturday followed by AmZof SC or MC Sunday...."

OK, now we're talking. Harriman Olympic Saturday, AZ MC on Sunday (May 16th)....5 weeks before IM France...might be the perfect training weekend.....1.5 k swimming, 130K biking, 32K runnning?

.....and i am SURE Peter Konecny will sign up for the "FULL double" cause that's what he does and does it well!

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figured they would. sorry i didnt get to stay around long enuff to do some kcb's with you and ML and the rest of the gang but knew if i left the bottles behind ppl would enjoy them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There I am, quietly sitting in the background - completely oblivious to the ST group pic, wallowing in a pool of lactic acid!

All said and done, awesome race! It was everything I could ever ask for in a race. Quad bursting bike course, humbling run course, great swag, amazing (and apparently cold resistant) volunteers, tasty cold beer, tasty food and lots of war stories. As somebody here said "anyone in within driving distance not doing this race is just plain stoopid." I'll try to bring more Ottawa peeps down with me next year.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [alex_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right, it sure gets cold at the run aid station (I think it's elevation is about 2500 feet* above transition). I'm really blessed to have kids that actually enjoy volunteering and being around the athletes. Both by daughters brought 2 friends each and all 6 of them jogged the course and are very impressed with all the finishers.
Speaking of daughters, our final LC finisher was a charming young lady whose mother was waiting for her at the finish line. As I gave her her medal, trophy, hat and cash (only 5 female LC finishers, so they all got Tetsuoni's money), she exclaimed - "That was fucking hard!" Her mother covered her ears and said - "A mother doesn't want to hear that!"
*exageration.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You're right, it sure gets cold at the run aid station (I think it's elevation is about 2500 feet* above transition). I'm really blessed to have kids that actually enjoy volunteering and being around the athletes. Both by daughters brought 2 friends each and all 6 of them jogged the course and are very impressed with all the finishers.
Speaking of daughters, our final LC finisher was a charming young lady whose mother was waiting for her at the finish line. As I gave her her medal, trophy, hat and cash (only 5 female LC finishers, so they all got Tetsuoni's money), she exclaimed - "That was fucking hard!" Her mother covered her ears and said - "A mother doesn't want to hear that!"
*exageration.

AWESOME.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
speaking of Ottawa dudes at AZ that guy Alex who was at epicman this year looked pretty strong at the finish. IIRC he is very young for this nonsense as well.
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the short one on the way left must be Parkito?

Weeeell, ouch!

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of photos here from local photographer Martin Weiner.

http://www.flickr.com/...s/72157622450069459/

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Last edited by: tetsuoni: Oct 13, 09 3:49
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compression socks really do look ridiculous.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats ML and all finishers, that is quite a race.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the prospect of a double mean you'll come do AmZof Dev?
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Could not agree more. Sunday was the first time I have ever raced in them or ridden a bike with them on actually. Figured I would give it a shot as it was cold. Had planned to put of knee warmers for the ride which would have kinda sorta given me the coverage of tights. I found them annoying on the run, did not notice them at all on the bike and then annoying on the run. Afterward for drinking beer they were fine ;-)

I think the takeaway from the experience is that they are great for wearing to work after long runs or on airplanes when my legs are trashed but there is no reason to wear them while racing. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
said lovingly!

xoxo
tc

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude way to rock the LC. $$ is always sweet. Next May, next May... then I can try the middle distance...

Again, congrats.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Could not agree more. Sunday was the first time I have ever raced in them or ridden a bike with them on actually. Figured I would give it a shot as it was cold. Had planned to put of knee warmers for the ride which would have kinda sorta given me the coverage of tights. I found them annoying on the run, did not notice them at all on the bike and then annoying on the run. Afterward for drinking beer they were fine ;-)

I think the takeaway from the experience is that they are great for wearing to work after long runs or on airplanes when my legs are trashed but there is no reason to wear them while racing. YMMV.

I really like them for recovery - AND - for racing too. I've had nearly chronic issues w/ my calves the past 2 seasons (ask Dr. Ness, our wonderful local ART doode and also finish line co-tape holder all about that; I was a regular to his office all of last year and early this season).

They look 1000% dorky, and the damn things always slide down at least once initially when I am running (which I will admit is hugely annoying), but they "work". At least for me, in my n=1 experience.
My calves aren't sore, at all. Heck, I'm not all that sore, period. I can't explain it.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I'm not all that sore, period. I can't explain it.[/reply] I think that Tetsuoni's $ money must be a powerful recovery tool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm not all that sore, period. I can't explain it.
I think that Tetsuoni's $ money must be a powerful recovery tool![/reply]

Apparently only in sufficiently large denominations. ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the takeaway from the experience is that they are great for wearing to work after long runs or on airplanes when my legs are trashed but there is no reason to wear them while racing.

I hate to admit it, but I will come clean. I wear compression socks at work every day. I do most of my hard training in the morning, with an optional run at lunch or bike commute home or if I can't run at lunch, I will sometimes squeeze in a short run before dinner. With my feet down all day, the compression socks always make the second workout better and recovery for the next day seems faster (N=1). I always wear them on flights and long drives....next Tuesday Ottawa to Hong Kong wtih 15 hours in economy on the Toronto to Hong Kong leg, so yes....they are going on. But I am yet to use them in a workout and ML using them in racing is a good enough reason to not use them.

Tribriguy, we have an email smacktalk thread with Ottawa dudes and are discussing a Harriman+AZ weekend of racing (as I said, I would opt for olympic and intermediate distance....but there are surely Ottawa dudes crazy enough for the LC double....). I have a high interest level in this. 6 weeks out from IM France is perfect timing and then, go back for some more training.....for those interested, please note that Epicman will likely be Friday June 11th next year....hopefully better conditions for the swim and less conflict with some local events (this means you can do Harriman/AZ, Mooseman, Epicman, Tupper, all nicely spaced 2-3 weeks apart).

Chris, Alex kicked my butt pretty good at this local Olympic Tri:

http://www.sportstats.ca/...g&racecode=45140

I thought I'd catch him on the run, but he held me off (run time includes T2, so yes, we both ran sub 40 for 10K).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, you need to change your tagline then, w/ the corrected date(s) for Epicman 2010 (and the Whiteface Prologue, of course).

Maybe I can finally consider doing Moosey, since for once it won't conflict w/ my early season A-event, E.Dot.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the change in the epicman/stupidity challege date. I am looking forward to another crack at whiteface.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guys....Epicman date change made on ST profile....Should be a fine taper doing this 2 weeks before IM France....but what the heck....I'll just do Epicboy and also skip the 13 mile run that I did on Saturday this year and just swim.

So it sounds like a potential banner spring of smackdown content...AZ+Mooseman+Whiteface+Epicman.....now we have to get Keith Jordan to turn on the water heater at Mooseman and Emilio to deliver us a few Water Rovers....

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Guys....Epicman date change made on ST profile....Should be a fine taper doing this 2 weeks before IM France....but what the heck....I'll just do Epicboy and also skip the 13 mile run that I did on Saturday this year and just swim.

So it sounds like a potential banner spring of smackdown content...AZ+Mooseman+Whiteface+Epicman.....now we have to get Keith Jordan to turn on the water heater at Mooseman and Emilio to deliver us a few Water Rovers....

Dev

Dev, I did my last RR ride/run (112/4) 2 weekends before my IM's, and it worked out well for me. Granted, doing Whiteface the evening before the 112/4 was never even remotely considered - but you wouldn't want all your Canuckistanian pals to think you were on the "tapered list" for IM France, now would you? ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah.....as we know it is the hard running that puts you on the real non tapered lists....Whiteface+2K/180/7 should be perfect 2 weeks out from IM France. In fact, the one hour Whiteface climb is actually key. I might be forced to do toll road climbs instead of out and back for more IM France specific prep anyway :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next