Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [peterkonecny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter,

I'm so sorry that all I gave you was a vapid stare when you introduced yourself at the pavillion. I seriously did not put 2 & 2 together until I was sitting behind you in the traffic getting out of there at the end of the day. Then I had the A-HA! moment - oh yeah, Ottawa, Peter, Peter Konecny - DUH.

Sorry to hear about the wrong turn, bummer. There were truly some bizarre issues in that regard this time; that somebody moved the arrows for our race course to point towards their dumbass century ride is un-f'n-believeable!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 'better than medals" LC finishers' swag is an embroidered cap. We also gave medals so Parkito would not be disappointed.
If someone ends up posting the ST group shot where I'm holding ML aloft in my arms like an infant, keep in mind I'd just finished the toughest race of my life 1 minute before. He never ceases to find new and cruel ways to punish me. Enjoy your $$ you wicked man.
How tough is ML? Tom Ganz, the true RD for this year's event, and I were cleaning the course today. He was picking up a bag of garbage, yelped, "ow!" and dropped it. When I asked him what was wrong he said, "I'm never shaking ML's hand again. I shook his hand as he crossed the finish line and he crushed my hand."

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a finisher's cap - very sweet. I apologize for wimping out on this race.

How do you feel a day post-race?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This youtube video captures a lot of the race course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp7xdPTzcts

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tired and sore but very happy I did it. I've got a new "toughest race ever". Thanks for asking.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me get this straight-you were the outright winner of a race whose participants upon completion all say "that's the toughest race I've ever done"????

Big ups bumbaclot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that's how it felt, too, right? One big blur :-)

cool video.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I apologize for wimping out on this race.

How can somebody wimp out on a race with no swim?

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well put together video. Now I know why you want to change the date to May.

Thanks for who ever took the time to make this & post up on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/...VGDTgiygLVc&NR=1
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ouch.

Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Chad

Even as bad as ML swims, I think he would agree a swim would be easier than doing the 5 mile trail run at AZ.

Let's face it, ask anyone who has seriously races tris and dus which is harder and I think almost unanimously, it will be dus.
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [du_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Chad

Even as bad as ML swims, I think he would agree a swim would be easier than doing the 5 mile trail run at AZ.

Let's face it, ask anyone who has seriously races tris and dus which is harder and I think almost unanimously, it will be dus.

And to take that one step further, ask anybody who has done both which is harder, an IM or Am-Zof, and I think almost unanimously it will be AmZof.

JM - glad you finally got to "enjoy" your course like we all have these past 5 years. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!! ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [peterkonecny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter,
Sorry to hear abou that wrong turn!

I might come next year. Not sure yet how would weekend of May8-9 would work.

Cheers,
Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have enjoyed it more if Tom didn't stop me from chucking you over the railing.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now that is a nice pic...my boy matty there can use it for inspiration when he is training for the 25th anniversary AZ in 2029
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Will you marry me?

Chip-

Have you made a " Will U marry Me T-shirt " yet ? you should.

ML- Congrats Mike ! You and Tetsuoni are looking uber-lean these days....must be teh Westchester water : p .....or the property taxes are eating into your food budgets ; ) I can only imagine what your Smack Talk series is going to be like next season....

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peter, it was great to meet you. I'm so sorry about that other event's signs going up after we marked the course. Thank you for understanding, especially after your long trip.

We're looking at May 16 for next year. It's the same weekend as Harryman, which is Saturday the 15th. The way I see it, AmZof 1 week before Harryman is about the same conflict as the same weekend, but if they're held on successive days, it would make a great training / racing trip south for you Canucks, e.g. Harryman olympic Saturday followed by AmZof SC or MC Sunday.

For the truly deranged ST ultimate smackdown, Harryman half iron Saturday followed by AmZof LC Sunday. Even tougher than the finman challenge.

Men's LC Podium. Corey Boilard, ML, Alex Lamberix.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: is MurphysLaw the next Rappstar? (now with pics) [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yo, Matty, the smackdown is on! Age and treachery vs. youth and exhuberance.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Peter, it was great to meet you. I'm so sorry about that other event's signs going up after we marked the course. Thank you for understanding, especially after your long trip.

We're looking at May 16 for next year. It's the same weekend as Harryman, which is Saturday the 15th. The way I see it, AmZof 1 week before Harryman is about the same conflict as the same weekend, but if they're held on successive days, it would make a great training / racing trip south for you Canucks, e.g. Harryman olympic Saturday followed by AmZof SC or MC Sunday.

For the truly deranged ST ultimate smackdown, Harryman half iron Saturday followed by AmZof LC Sunday. Even tougher than the finman challenge.

Men's LC Podium. Corey Boilard, ML, Alex Lamberix.

Uh, well, ya know... there is one other date you could look at.... given all the difficulty the Spring scheduling is causing....

Columbus Day Weekend 2010.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Corey B., Alex L., Big Du Yoda, Chris G., Tetsuoni, Richard Bailey, Murphy's Law, Tribriguy

The ONLY 5 time finisher of AmZof Long Course, Kevin Krol.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the short one on the way left must be Parkito?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, Parkito's not that tall. Also, the sun is still up, so he was still out on the course.
(Sorry, Parkito, it was too easy to pass up. Better I take the setup before ML get's to it - he's just vicious).

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's some serious AmZof history packed into 2 pics there:

Corey B - 2x 2nd place LC finisher, AmZof 1.0 & 5.0
Alex L - defending champ, course record holder, top 3 again
Yoda - LC 1.0, SC, MC finisher & ICB/KCB visionary
Chris G - the rookie, SC finisher
JM - our fearless RD, now SC AND LC finisher
Richard B - 4 time LC finisher and 4 time Winner of Tetsuoni's Money (1.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0)
ML - some local piker who likes free beer and Winning Tetsuoni's Money (see above)
Brian F - 2x LC finisher

And of course, the man, the myth, the legend, Krol - 5x LC finisher.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why if I do show up to race next Spring, it will only be the middle distance option. No way I am killing myself with an event harder than an IM 6 weeks out from IM France. I'll just have to match the ML pace for 2 laps while he does 3 and from the sound of it, this is close to impossible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

here i am doing a kcb
Quote Reply

Prev Next