Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle?
Quote | Reply
This was a first for me. we have a small race on st. John, about 80 athletes when you count relays, triathletes and aquathoners. i had a guy on a motorcycle show up thinking he was going to compete on his motorcycle. i tried to tell him this was a triathlon and he needed a bike. and he just kept saying this is his bike. after about 10 min.s, i had to call a bigger gun in to deal with this. motorcycle man seems to have a problem with females in charge. i had to call in a male to deal with him. He finally left, but came back to do the aquathon. i emailed this prick later, to ask if he seriously thought he could do the race on his motorcycle. and he said the flyer describing the race was not clear about the bike. i have been nice up to a point. (no name calling) trying to educate this guy about triathlon. stating insurance alone does not cover a motorcycle. the permit from the national park does not allow motorcycles in the races, and just general satety to the real bikers? after a few emails but a forth, he told me, i should look up the definition for a bike. Now i am mad. So, for next year, does anyone have any ideas on how i can word the flyer to make it clear what a bike is? Or same cleaver wording about no motorcycles. It was probably a mistake for me to engage this prick, but i was so shocked by his balls. and unfortunately, he placed 5th in the aquathon. This is a small island, and i am sure i will run into him.. i think he actually is a life guard for the park. i think i would rather drown then have this dick save me. thanks for any input on this strange issue.
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you have it - turn up on a motorbike and get the cleaver.

Seriously, don't waste your time or breath - most people grow out of the "but you saaaaiiid...." game when they're 6.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"bicycle," perhaps?

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [--] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to believe he wasn't pulling your chain ( bicycle chain that is.... ) just use the word bicycle in any promotional
literature for the race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be down there in a couple months. Is it still good to run on Great Cruz Bay Road described here: http://www.seestjohn.com/sports_running.html? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm gonna guess the boy had a hidden camera somewhere. nobody is that dumb... he was just messin with you :)

-Jason
Quote | Reply
Just make up some BS about the race being governed by USAT even if it isn't. That oughta keep shitheads like that guy out.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I would be sooooo much faster if I could use my motorcycle instead of my bicycle in a triathlon!!! Does your flyer indicate whether or not I can use roller blades on the run?
Last edited by: noxious: Sep 6, 12 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Under the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, "bicycle" includes power assisted vehicles like a moped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't waste any time on him but if he continues just send him a copy of USAT rules and inform him that his "bike" doesn't meet the specifications set forth in the rule book.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This give me an idea. Next race im going to but a treadmill on the back of a pickup. Ill run the whole race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some reason, people who ride motorcycles are called bikers. I've never understood this. But, it's quite obvious that, upon entering a biker bar, that lycra is in low supply. And all of those leather clad peeps are talking about their bikes.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I first got serious about cycling I referred to someone as a biker and he said I am a cyclist, a biker rides a motorcycle

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bicycles only (no motorized vehicles allowed)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could just use the USAT wording in your literature

All bicycles shall be propelled only by human force and human power. Other than pushing a bicycle, any propulsive action brought on by use of the hands is prohibited. Any violation of this section shall result in disqualification.

One of the local race organizers does something similar. Leave no doubt.
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I wouldn't waste any time on him but if he continues just send him a copy of USAT rules and inform him that his "bike" doesn't meet the specifications set forth in the rule book.

jaretj

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't St John's an "island" in CANADA? Regardless, the dumbdick probably wouldn't know the difference anyway.

Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:
"bicycle," perhaps?
x2
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [irontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since the OP doesn't have any personal info I have no way of knowing.

There is also a St John in Indianna, don't know what time zone though :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me first say that the coolest tri I have been in to date was run by a women. She was so professional & personable with saavy management skills, strong but cool hand impressed the heck out of me. I came away thinking there is not enough females in charge - everywhere.

Somebody who shows up with a motorbike is a nut. So "sir either you move your bike now from the transition area or we will have it towed as soon as we can get a truck down here. This area is my responsibility and I will not have such absolute craziness and trespassing on this race area take place, it's unsafe and I will not tolerate it. There is no discussion here.MOVE IT NOW"

Guy doesn't move it, get the phone and put the plan into place to have him and the dumb-ass bike bounced. I don't even talk (negotiate) w/ nut cases, just start the cannons blazing.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [harshc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
harshc wrote:
You could just use the USAT wording in your literature

All bicycles shall be propelled only by human force and human power. Other than pushing a bicycle, any propulsive action brought on by use of the hands is prohibited. Any violation of this section shall result in disqualification.

One of the local race organizers does something similar. Leave no doubt.

This!

Or, as others have said, reference USAT or if their is similar wording within your Provincial Triathlon Organization, reference that. Otherwise, said "dick" will be out with his fins for the swim and "running" with roller blades.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [goallout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bicycles only (no motorized vehicles allowed - participants attempting to use motorcycles will be mocked mercilessly and then thrown into the lake.)
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
For some reason, people who ride motorcycles are called bikers. I've never understood this. But, it's quite obvious that, upon entering a biker bar, that lycra is in low supply. And all of those leather clad peeps are talking about their bikes.

Bikers generally do not look like cyclists. Not only in what the wear but generally in their size (width-wise). You don't burn a lot of calories twisting your right wrist.

But yes, I sometimes wonder which words to use as I'm both (although I haven't ridden the MC in a couple of years).

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bikes that are sub 25lbs :)
Quote Reply
Re: guy on a motorcycle shows up to compete on his motorcycle? [irontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

irontri wrote:
jaretj wrote:

jaretj

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't St John's an "island" in CANADA? Regardless, the dumbdick probably wouldn't know the difference anyway.

St. John's is the capital city of the island province of Newfoundland in Canada. Saint John (note the spelling of "Saint", it's never abbreviated) is a city in the province of New Brunswick, in Canada.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRnxEZJCey4

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply

Prev Next