Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [Bulliams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a lot of scary naked going on in the women's change room at my gym but we have "Tammy Faye" who takes up the all counter space in front of the mirror to do her make up. I swear she has enough stuff to do the entire cast of a Cirque du Soleil show.

I think she's related to the woman who takes up all the bench space in front of the lockers and glowers when you ask her to move her stuff so you can get at your locker.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [Jim_n_La] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One day, there I was at the gym, minding my own business in the pool area.

I had finished shaving, and jumped in the pool for a quick rinse. A few minutes later, this scrawny little bastard shows up with the manager...

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Classic. Almost as good as the "Strange Denizens of the Pool" thread, but not quite... :)

We've had multiple sightings of this one dude who stands there spreading lotion over every square inch of his nekkid body wearing nothing but a very ratty looking ball cap, and watching himself in the mirror while doing so. WTF? Put some damn underwear on, fer gods sake. Nobody wants to see that shit.

Last time in the pool I sighted heinously unbalanced dude...you've all seen him...he only breathes to one side. The side he breathes to gets the arm whipping up into the air and coming down like a depth charge, while the entire other arm barely exceeds 1" above the water. He also likes to wait at the end of the pool, and after a 5 minute rest, take a huge push off the wall and race you to the other end, then die while holding on while you continue on your merry way.

Spot

Quote | Reply
The other day I am at the gym running at a nice pace nothing to hard core. I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt. On the treadmill next to me some 20 year old gets on with a full sweatsuit, hoody and all. He cranks the treadmill up to 10 mph with no warm up. At this point I slow down to make sure I don't miss anything. After about 45 seconds he must be starting to get hot because he reaches down to remove the hoody. I actually stop running at this point. He pulls up quickly while still running 10mph. The hoody gets caught on his head. He hits the deck and the treadmill shoots him tumblinh out the back about 12 feet till he hits a stairmaster. Hoody still stuck on his head. I am laughing my ass off and feeling kinda bad but not bad enough to stop laughing. He pops up rips off the hoody and jumps back on the treadmill. Runs for 30 sec more and calls it a day.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At our gym, we've got the skinny lady who skips the stairs and takes the elevator upstairs to use the treadmill and stairmaster. After she's done, she takes the elevator back down. Always.

Wonder if she has acrophobia.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't forget the guys who load up a ton of weight in a squat rack, only to perform 1/3rd of the squat, nowhere near as low as they should be.

and the guy who sweats like buckingham fountain, and never carries a towel, so you have the privelege of cleaning it off before you use the bench, we should feel so honored to clean their sweat.

-------------------------------
Tigers love pepper, they hate cinnamon.

Last edited by: House MD: Nov 19, 07 16:53
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [biggsmooth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have seen this too many times. A lot of teens, early 20's like to hit the gym in their go out clothes to get that 'pump' before a big date. Awesomely pathetic.

In fact, one of the gyms I belonged to was most busy Friday and Saturday nights from like 5-7, and almost everyone one of those guys fit the description above.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [House MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about the old guy that swims in a bucket hat (picture John Candy in The Great Outdoors) and never gets it wet?
Saw that in a YMCA in SW Florida. He was pretty slow but he was out there doing it! He was even chatting up the lifeguard while swimming.
Funny stuff

"thoughts become things, choose the good ones"
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [That Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about the people that don't know what the big black line on the bottom of the pool is for? Or the guy that thinks he should be in the fast lane during lap swim? ARGHHH.

"thoughts become things, choose the good ones"
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [baxnelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By any chance do the women you see doing this have a big chest? One of my friends who has had two boob reductions but the girls just keep on coming back (although she is pretty tiny otherwise) complains that running hurts her chest no matter what bra she uses and she swears by the steep incline walk up the treadmill. It allegedly burns close to as many calories as running.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [That Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or how about the rec center that closes off three full lanes of a four lane pool for three old ladies doing water aerobics? Can't they do that in the kiddie pool??
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [snotrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really. :(
I will say that the majority of women that do this though do look to be the more fit ones in the gym.

My personal fave: the guy who gets on the stairmaster, turns it all the way up, and supports his entire body weight with his elbows on the handrails while his legs spin furiously through the air beneath him. I'm pretty sure he just lightly brushes the step with each foot strike.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [ballred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had a little guy for a year or so, would squat down in the shower, pull out the razor and give himself a nice close shave.

I usally hauled ass out of there ASAP.

Listen, Lupus, you didn't come into this life just to sit around on a dugout bench, did ya? Now get your ass out there and do the best you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This quitting thing, it's a hard habit to break once you start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hahhaha this thread is great. We have an infamous lady who is a personal trainer at the gym back home. I think she's eastern european or something (heard her talking once). Nothing wrong with her or her workout or anything, but she's got a reputation for being kinda butch (manly, buff, etc.). I mean if you could imagine; her calves are bigger than her upper legs. I saw her doing calf raises one day and I swore right then she probably could beat josiah middaugh running up a hill. Nothing I've seen that's too weird at our school gym, except from the span of when it opens (6:00) to about 3:00 there's maybe a total of 30 people who have visited and done their workouts. From 3:00 to the latest I've ever been there (maybe 7 ish) there's about 300 people who have come.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have the gloves, foot covers, and something over your face/ears, you are good to go.

I go outside no matter how cold it is, though in DC it can get to only about 0 F (and -20 or -30 F with windchill and apparent wind)- so not too bad. I lost a weekend or two last winter due to the bums not clearing the roads of snow but that's it.

I don't know where R10C is so I realize you can get super cold some places.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [baxnelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although probably not the types you are talking about I know 2 women who do something like this.

1. Lady doing tris as part of a weight loss strategy. Overweight, has had problems running more than every other day, so one of the days she does 30 minute walk workouts with 4 minute intervals of putting up the slope as high as she can stand. Gets her heart rate up, works her legs and is reasonable practice for walking the hills at local races.

2. Lady 2 is over 50 and has problems with arthritis in hips and knees. Does the same workout for much the same reasons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up for the fitness center at the local junior college where I was taking summer school a few years ago. It was disturbing to see older women there who get on a stairmaster/stationary bike or whatever only to stop as soon as the begin to perspire, because they dont want to get smelly from working out.

-------------------------------
Tigers love pepper, they hate cinnamon.

Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank God we are all perfect !

Re:
"You forgot the guy who spends 30 minutes on the leg press machine- most of it sitting. 5-7 45 lb. plates per side. legs move about 2 inches during rep. "

This is actually a legit power training method called Static Contraction Training.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [jefeloco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about the guy that shaves his legs in the sauna?;-P

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a buddy that use to do something similar, he was a triathlete but more into mtn. biking, problem is he never trained for any of it. Whenever we'd go for trail riding he'd have to stop every so often to catch his breath but he'd make it look like there was a something wrong with his bike, problem was I knew plenty about bike mechanics to know nothing was indeed wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A friend will give you an alibi, a best friend will help you burn the body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.....and then there is the guy that pees in the shower....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [Hornet Coach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As Kramer once put it, it all goes into the same place!!!

My wife once had a woman next to her in the locker room insert a "feminine product" with once foot on the bench. I believe she did complain.........

Sorry I had to go there......

"I ain't never been nothin' but a winner"
Paul "Bear" Bryant
Roll Tide!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got two, but you have to keep in mind that this is a corporate gym so the only people that go there are employees in my building (50 story building in downtown Denver). I see these people all the time outside of the gym.

1.) Overweight older guy who works out without a shirt on. Typically hops on the elliptical for 30 minutes or so, works up a good sweat, does his rounds on the nautilus machines, and off he goes to the locker room. Gets naked, sits on one of the two benches in the locker room and pretty much hangs out for another 10-20 minutes before hitting showers.

2.) I think this guy is actually pretty cool because I can't do what he does, but it's weird nonetheless: Middle-aged man who seems moderately fit comes in the gym, goes to one wall, does a handstand and walks on his hands around the room (400 S.F., max) for about 10 minutes, gets back on his feet (beet red face) and calls it a day.

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter time Gym antics - gotta love it. [BillyJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, our master's group has to share 3-4 lanes with the water aerobics ladies, somehow they all manage to gravitate toward our lanes. The kicker: lady says 'could y'all not splash so much, it's getting my hair wet'...lady you're in a pool, it's possible you could get wet. Who knows with my PF and bum hip I might be joining 'em next year, some of 'em are kinda cute, hey where's my free coffee?

Jim_n_La
...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but only until it kills you - Cousin Elwood
Quote Reply

Prev Next