Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
December 9 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ran 12 mi (workout, 3 x 3.25 mi descending with 0.75 mi recoveries.)

swam 30 minutes, alt 150 free + 50 back.

Backstroke seems to be stretching my anterior shoulders out really well, no pain this morning.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: December 9 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1,500 yards this morning. It was literally freezing this morning (31 degrees when I woke up). It was a cold walk back home after swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: December 9 [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
17* in Maine today but yesterday was in negatives with the windchill. And it's snowing.

was just outside for a ropes course class. fingers and toes frozen now.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 9, 08 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: Where are my lovely fishies? December Challenge! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
shoulders not touching the table when you lay down - what part of your shoulders isn't touching and what does that mean?

Rear delts. You can slide a hand between the table and shoulder.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Where are my lovely fishies? December Challenge! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I was cursed yesterday.
I'm in the gym for an easy treadmill run, I get about 15 minutes into it, just starting to work up a sweat, and BAM! The power goes out in the entire gym, the treadmill stops instantly, and, yes, you guessed it, I ran right into the console. DOH! No biggie, I have a swim planned, we'll just call this a "recovery run."
The emergency lighting is on, so, I figure I'll stretch a little then head down to the locker room to see if the power comes on so I can get my swim in. It does, I get changed, get to the pool deck, pull goggles over my head, and SNAP! The nose strap breaks. I immediately turned around, packed up my stuff and got the hell out of there before I really injured myself!

2000 scm this evening. Nothing special, just easing back into it.

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com
Last edited by: kevinp01: Dec 9, 08 17:48
Quote Reply
Re: Where are my lovely fishies? December Challenge! [kevinp01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1,250 yards. Easy evening session.
Quote Reply
Re: Where are my lovely fishies? December Challenge! [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

alot of 50s and 100s pull. Nothing special, just getting the feel for the water.
Quote Reply
Re: Where are my lovely fishies? December Challenge! [KeepOnGrinding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your shoulder is feeling okay then?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4000 scy (no breaks):

3x
1000 free (in on 14-15:00)
250 kick

250 build

Quote | Reply
bike: 45 min trainer
swim: 4,500 scy

400 w/u

12 x 75 kds alt back, breast
9 x 200 dr/sw back, breast, free
6 x 150 swim back breast free by 50
3 x 100 swim back breast free

200 c/d

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, its doing good. Swimming actually helped what little inflammation there was last night, go down. It also helped that I had about 4 hours of Estem on it this past weekend. Everyone back in the pool now?
Quote Reply
Re: Where are my lovely fishies? December Challenge! [KeepOnGrinding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Aztec is still babying stuff but we're all in the water at least.

Mine acted up over the last 300 yds. But that's the longest I've swum in awhile so... still happy to have it last that long.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1000 or so warm up

4*200 1-2 Pull 3-4 Swim 2:40, 2:38 2:38, 2:34

6*100 Kick Note: I hate kicking with a passion

8*75 on 1:10 just crusing good form

10*50 held 35s without much effort, then 32s comfortably the last 5- didnt want to push hard for fear of the shoulder acting up

200 wd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've come to the conclusion, that is the only thread on Slowtwitch worth reading. The rest of this site makes me want to vomit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The rest of this site makes me want to vomit.

LOL, anything in particular?

My shoulder hurts again. Pain set in mid morning.
Today I learned: when my shoulder hurts I will get out immediately rathrer than finishing the set and doing a cooldown.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2, or at least I'm getting there. I do like the Post Your Ride thread though, it is like bicycle voyeurism.

I did have an interest in the Clydesdale thread, until I was told I had a dumb ass post. Think I'll stick to the safety of these waters....

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Today I learned: when my shoulder hurts I will get out immediately rathrer than finishing the set and doing a cooldown.

Lets start with some recent threads. Ahem (clearing my throat)

A) Should I wear an aero helmet?
B) What bike is for me?
C) Which light weight trainer should I get
D) How cold is too cold?

Just f-ing train people my god. This is obsurd. If you want an aero helmet, then wear one. If you don't know what shoe to buy, try the mother f-ers on.
If you think its too cold- then sack up anyway and get your ass out side. Maybe I being a negative nacy here, but in the words of a wise man,
"I'm calmer than you are"

It just seems people spend more time on these threads than actually training, or comparing data to that of another athlete, or spending 19hours try to write out their schedule for the week. Swimfan may be my idol.

Alyie (did I spell that right)- sorry to hear about the shoulders acting up. Just keep on icing and taking obsense amounts of NSAIDS. Your advice worked for me ha.

sigh.... I feel better now.

Although, this will be the only thread I visit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! Always disappointing to find this thread down at the bottom of the page sometimes. The ratio is about 1:7:3 on posts about swim:bike:run (just a wag, might be even higher on biking!).
TC, quit starting cycling threads!

If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
TC, quit starting cycling threads!

LOL. I have to get my cycling to come around though, really, it's important.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand, was just giving you sh*&^. For me its running, but I know I have to JFR!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Doing biathlon need to keep hands warm in frigid temperatures"

Really?

Speechless
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although, this will be the only thread I visit

Hmmm. Didn't see that in this thread.

"Don't go to the Dark Side Luke..." but it is just so tempting.....

Quote | Reply
hahaha. Touche. In all honesy, I knew it was going to be worth a laugh just from the title of the thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But this one was just so much more appropriate for this thread:

Tell me if i did my calculations wrong for a IM swim distance but i calculated that in order to exit the water in exactly an hour one needs to be swimming each lap of the pool (25M) in 23.4 Seconds

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Lets start with some recent threads. Ahem (clearing my throat)

A) Should I wear an aero helmet?
B) What bike is for me?
C) Which light weight trainer should I get
D) How cold is too cold?

Just f-ing train people my god. This is obsurd. If you want an aero helmet, then wear one. If you don't know what shoe to buy, try the mother f-ers on.
If you think its too cold- then sack up anyway and get your ass out side. Maybe I being a negative nacy here, but in the words of a wise man,
"I'm calmer than you are"

It just seems people spend more time on these threads than actually training, or comparing data to that of another athlete, or spending 19hours try to write out their schedule for the week. Swimfan may be my idol.

Alyie (did I spell that right)- sorry to hear about the shoulders acting up. Just keep on icing and taking obsense amounts of NSAIDS. Your advice worked for me ha.

sigh.... I feel better now.

Although, this will be the only thread I visit.

I think people just like to chat about what interests them or what they do. It's not all that different from how the water-friendly types post their swims here. Uh oh, "water-friendly" sounds a little too much like a certain poster's handle, and the LAST thing we need is him peeing in this pool.

2100 scy, all easy. Best first 600 or so yards ever. Water had feel to it, felt supportive, and my recovery seemed easy and precise with my hands entering farther out front, big strokes. Everything completely normalized back to crap after that. At 1150 yards, the shoulder got painful at point of max internal rotation (forearm pointing down). I hope this isn't going to be a nagging problem...

2x25
2x25
500 one-arm/swim
100 c/d

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply

Prev Next