Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe more buzz because TC is just a cooler place. I recall roller skiing through Old Mission with a girlfriend who lives there many decades ago. She introduced me to Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream--Cookie Dough. Right in the middle of a workout. Yep, TC is a sweet place...it has everything but a decent sized airport nearby. Come to think of it, most of Michigan does not have a decent sized airport except for Detroit, hours away.
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Ok...how the heck is this being sold before general release, that seems a bit idiotic. How do you get pre-general entry?

AWA receive a link with a code. However, I noticed this wasn’t distributed at the same time. I received mine several days after I saw someone I know in Michigan register.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [Runninglab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No question it's gonna sell out. But wait till they go to make lodging arrangements! I've already heard the wailing on FB.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Sep 25, 18 5:07
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
No question it's gonna sell out. But wait till they go to make lodging arrangements! I've already heard the wailing on FB.
That’s why everyone in my tri club booked their rooms as soon as the official date was announced!

Quote | Reply
There are plenty of options outside of TC proper. Much like for Iceman, Kalkaska is good. Boyne isn't that far away, and neither is Cadillac. I am usually up many hours beforehand anyway, so an hour drive in the morning isn't that big of a deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I booked at the Travel Lodge in town at a somewhat reasonable price. Not a lot left in town. My father-in-law has a cabin about 30 minutes away, I might end up staying there but I wanted the option of being closer.

For the record, this is not a 70.3 problem, it's a summer weekend in TC problem. I tried to book a weekend hotel in TC a few weeks ago and it was sparse pickings mostly > $300 a night.
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [Sideways] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all the buzz about this event, I also booked a room as soon as I heard the official date announced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in cadillac so I'll just drive up from here. It's only about a 50 minute dive for me, so I think this is going to be great!
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My family has a place in Petoskey... it's an hour away, but free and far fewer tourists! It will be interesting to see how many friends and teammates start asking for a place to stay when they realize everything is booked already.
Last edited by: Toefuzz: Sep 25, 18 7:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at a travel lodge once...never fucking again man.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I stayed at a travel lodge once...never fucking again man.

My mistake. Its the Howard Jouhnson not the travel lodge. Looks a little sketchy but has decent reviews.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checked pricing- at 12:07 Eastern, the price already in tier 4!

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crazy, I just got signed up and the MDOT bag was already sold out.
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [Mtbdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My browser is stuck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got in as a Tier 4. Man, I bet this event sells out today.
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [stanisz73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started the process at 12:05 and I was tier 4. I don't what a guy would have had to do to get tier1
Last edited by: Mtbdave: Sep 25, 18 9:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stanisz73 wrote:
I got in as a Tier 4. Man, I bet this event sells out today.

I think tiers 1-3 are much smaller than 4. They are attempt to make it look like entries are disappearing fast. I don't have a good guess on when this will sell out but a lot of races blow through 3 tiers and then remain open for months.
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [Mtbdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mtbdave wrote:
Crazy, I just got signed up and the MDOT bag was already sold out.

I have a friend who registered on Friday and the bag was already sold out. I was told there were 1100 of 2400 spots remainin when registration actually “opened”... no idea if that’s true, but it sounds reasonable given the buzz around the state regarding this race.

I’m in for the relay... $145 for a 35 min swim and a t-shirt. I am a moron, but at least I can hang out the rest of the day and heckle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So basically you get a password to enter races early if you associate your membership with a tri-club. Thank you to Pathetic Triathlete Group for informing me. Has anyone thought of Creating a ST Tri Club? I mean Emilio just made a bunch of kits! So basically everyone who is associated with a tri-club gobbled up T1 and T2 price points well before this went on sale. Annoying, but now I know.

It was at T3 when I jumped on but I hadn't renewed my USAT membership so I dinked around trying to renew it on USAT's site and it was being painful...five minutes later it moved to t4.

Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [w3bradley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All sold out.
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [TankBoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FB page is saying it is the fastest an Ironman 70.3 has ever sold out. I know it was going to be popular but wow!

Quote | Reply
I would love to see this race become so popular that they entertain the idea of making it a full distance!
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toefuzz wrote:
My family has a place in Petoskey... it's an hour away, but free and far fewer tourists! It will be interesting to see how many friends and teammates start asking for a place to stay when they realize everything is booked already.
Petoskey is more like 1.5-2 hours away. Worse, driving in northern lower Michigan in the summer is not predictable. It is common to get behind a tourist doing 45 mph the whole way and passing lanes are infrequent. And there are fewer tourists, but the majority of people you see will still be tourists - or at least people who are "up north" during the summer but live elsewhere during the winter.

@brad_glasgow
Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [bglasgow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geeze...so I was dumb enough not to book the airBnB I originally saw. A week later and 70% of the listings disappear. Then I put in a reservation last night and the owner failed to confirm...on the beach 10 minutes away. I booked a spot in Glen Arbor that as my GF says is: "Soooo CUTE!". Looks nice, staying a few days afterwards to enjoy it.

Quote Reply
Re: Traverse City 70.3 [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the emails-Gatorade Endurance is on course nutrition for Traverse City.

Quote Reply

Prev Next