Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Training thoughts by AG Kona runner up Sami Inkinen [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sami was? Where's the reference to him on the site?
Quote Reply
Re: Training thoughts by AG Kona runner up Sami Inkinen [jeffhunt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

ups sorry that was a reply to this post.

Interesting thread (mostly anyway).

Reminds me of an Aussie AG racer who won Kona M35-39 last year, Damian Angus, on a similar volume of training. Interestingly, this was not his fastest ever time in an IM race, he'd been sub 9 several times in other races....
... training.
You beat me to it...
Damien went 8.47 or so one year at IM Australia if I am not mistaken. He is super efficient with his time, and super consistent with training.
I spoke to him in the lead up to my first IM, and he mentioned that in the previous 5 years, there were only 5 weeks in which he did zero runs.
Saw him running this morning actually - pushing a pram.. As I said - time efficient:)

Quote Reply
Re: Training thoughts by AG Kona runner up Sami Inkinen [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Tell Damien Jeff Hunt says hello. We used to cram in rides before work when he lived in Boston, and we did IMLP and its qualifier together. (He won the latter.) Yes, another great example of someone who is super smart and efficient about his training and manages to balance a whole lot of life in addition to it. I learned a lot from him, but apparently not enough.
Quote Reply

Prev Next