Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [tjtryon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tjtryon wrote:
benjaminrpulley wrote:

The only other question I have about the Aero30 is in regards to the little aero sleeve for the straw. I find that after riding over some larger bumps, the aero cover usually gets jostled out of position and will often turn to one side or the other, and not maintain its aero alignment with the rest of the bottle. I am thinking that this might partially be an issue that is related to the splashing because when the bottle splashes, it gets the straw cover pretty wet and this may increase the "slippery-ness" of that connection. Do you have any solution for this? Anybody else out there having this problem? I was thinking I might wait and see if the new 6 cut cover helps decrease the splashing and solve the issue. If that doesn't work though, I might just use a few dabs of superglue at the bottom of the aero straw cover to keep it in place...

Benjamin -

Don't use superglue on the aero sleeve - instead, use some clear silicone. Superglue will corrode the plastic, where silicone is removable when needed. It worked well for me.

The Aero 20 has a new silicone aero mast. Stays on but will still fail if in the unfortunate event of a crash.

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [shep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shep wrote:
In Reply To:
What Tom said. I am one of the 3 people in the world who have a computer, but are not on Facebook. So, do a Luddite a solid, please?

;-)

So, that's you, and me....all we gotta do is find that third person......we could actually meet up....and talk IN PERSON....WOW, what a concept that would be ;-)
Sorry I was the other but Polar made me join a few weeks ago ;0) So now there is only two, but I really don't post there.

Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hans,

I'm trying to figure out if the Aero mount geometry will work with my bike. I have Zipp Vuka with aerobars that have a gap space of 6.5cm between them. Your specs say 7cm minimum...does that mean the space between the bars or the distance from the top center of the bars? Also, there is a larger diameter housing that holds the aerobars (see the pic). Will that be an issue and if not, do you recommend the standard or the reverse swept mount?

Thanks!
Andrew

Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [DrewTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrewTri wrote:
Hans,

I'm trying to figure out if the Aero mount geometry will work with my bike. I have Zipp Vuka with aerobars that have a gap space of 6.5cm between them. Your specs say 7cm minimum...does that mean the space between the bars or the distance from the top center of the bars? Also, there is a larger diameter housing that holds the aerobars (see the pic). Will that be an issue and if not, do you recommend the standard or the reverse swept mount?

Thanks!
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

It is actually slightly less than 7cm center to center of the aero extensions for min spacing, with the wings of the mount folded down. You can go less than that if you come from underneath the extensions (wings folded up). So you have plenty of spacing with your current set up. With the Zipp Vuka I would definitely go with the reverse mount. I have seen our bottle mounted on the extension housing with foam pads underneath and cinched down with the cable ties. If you're using the Aero 30 with the reverse mount, you will need 7.5cm of flat extension to keep the bottle vertical. Past that the mount will rise with the 'S' bends. The Aero 20 however was designed to be very aerodynamic even if it is not perfectly vertical (up to ~30 degrees).
Feel free to email me with more questions @ Hans@torhans.com. Hope this helps though.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [shep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shep wrote:
In Reply To:
What Tom said. I am one of the 3 people in the world who have a computer, but are not on Facebook. So, do a Luddite a solid, please?

;-)

So, that's you, and me....all we gotta do is find that third person......we could actually meet up....and talk IN PERSON....WOW, what a concept that would be ;-)

Perhaps I'm three... Hopefully, I'm not a complete Luddite - since I started programming these booger in 1970. I just don't want to be on Facebook - or Twitter, either.

I will admit tp being a bit of a curmudgeon, though.
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we please get a best of breed keel aerobars bottle?

I want:

Torhans: the aero straw
Torhans: the soft straw
Torhans: solid cap
Profile: the cap with a loop so you can uncap, refill, recap and it doesn't fall
Porfile: place to put the sponge so you don't get big splash while refilling.

Right now, just a crappy compromise on the two major designs.
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [cowardlydragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cowardlydragon wrote:
Can we please get a best of breed keel aerobars bottle?

I want:

Torhans: the aero straw
Torhans: the soft straw
Torhans: solid cap
Profile: the cap with a loop so you can uncap, refill, recap and it doesn't fall
Porfile: place to put the sponge so you don't get big splash while refilling.

Right now, just a crappy compromise on the two major designs.

Hello,

I'll respond since it is on this thread. Our bottles give you CFD designed shape for optimum aerodynamics, BPA free, fill on the go, stable mounts (no rubber bands), a variety of adjustability and utility (aero tray for computers, gels).

Where we have had issues: Splashing on the Aero 30. Fixed on the Aero 20 with the splash funnel. In process with the Aero 30. Ways to make it splash resistant like the 20 but we are developing our third cover for it.

Email me at Hans@torhans.com and I'll let you try an Aero 20. I think you will like the design.
Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used the Aero20 first time during race this weekend. Great bottle, great company, great service...but...when you refill on the go you simply cannot get the bottle far enough in the spalsh funnel to get through the second layer. Result: Splash Funnel fills and spils (in my case likely water) all over the bike...yet another first gen product issue to be solved in my humble opinion.

BTW the funnel does work, barely any splashing (as compared to the first gen of the Aero30 so that is the good news.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I for one like the aero 30 but it does have some issues. I put an old Profile sponge in and it helped the splashing alot. But I have two of the bottles, one for me and one for my wife and the mounts have broken on both of them. The little thin plastic notch at the very front that you use to secure the bottle in place. It is just not strong enough and with a lot of riding on bumpy roads they just break. broke the second one this weekend at IMWI.
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [pie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pie wrote:
Used the Aero20 first time during race this weekend. Great bottle, great company, great service...but...when you refill on the go you simply cannot get the bottle far enough in the spalsh funnel to get through the second layer. Result: Splash Funnel fills and spils (in my case likely water) all over the bike...yet another first gen product issue to be solved in my humble opinion.

BTW the funnel does work, barely any splashing (as compared to the first gen of the Aero30 so that is the good news.

Hi Pie,

The funnel was purposely designed this way to funnel and it goes in far enough to diffuse the fluids. If you want to fill faster just cut back one of the funnel tabs. Does not affect splashing by doing this. We could have done this in the mold but opted against it. Just cut it and you should have no issues.

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [drrafe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drrafe wrote:
I for one like the aero 30 but it does have some issues. I put an old Profile sponge in and it helped the splashing alot. But I have two of the bottles, one for me and one for my wife and the mounts have broken on both of them. The little thin plastic notch at the very front that you use to secure the bottle in place. It is just not strong enough and with a lot of riding on bumpy roads they just break. broke the second one this weekend at IMWI.

You may have a bad mount. Always happy to warranty those if they were defective.

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted great product!!!

I do have a question, are you looking into implementing the Areo 30oz with two chambers e.g. one for water and one for energy drink? Or is that out of the question?
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [Michael M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Michael M wrote:
Ted great product!!!

I do have a question, are you looking into implementing the Areo 30oz with two chambers e.g. one for water and one for energy drink? Or is that out of the question?

Aloha Michael,

We may release a dual chambered system next year. If we do it will only be 30-35oz. In addition we will be launching some other new aero hydration products as well. Thanks for inquiring.

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a gel system?
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gel system is very possible. Again we'll be releasing more aero hydration products throughout next year. Not a bento box though. I think Dark Speed Works has made a kick ass product already.

Like the Vr bottle we did for Felt you can expect some other frame integrated products from TorHans with a few other manufactures in 2012.

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Ted Striker wrote:
The funnel was purposely designed this way to funnel and it goes in far enough to diffuse the fluids. If you want to fill faster just cut back one of the funnel tabs. Does not affect splashing by doing this. We could have done this in the mold but opted against it. Just cut it and you should have no issues.

I'm having the same issue as pie, when I fill the aero20 the surface tension of the water causes it to not drain into the bottle unless something is opening the funnel(a strong stream of water or my finger). Before I start cutting my funnel...I assume there was a reason you opted not to do this in the mold. Why was that?

Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [drrafe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Jetstream sponge works well in my Aero 30 to reduce splashing/sloshing. Trisports carries them.

--------------------------------------------------
Yeah, it's a great bike but the engine needs work.
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [quellish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quellish wrote:
A Jetstream sponge works well in my Aero 30 to reduce splashing/sloshing. Trisports carries them.

agree...Jet Stream makes the best sponge!
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [bnation] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bnation wrote:

Ted Striker wrote:

I'm having the same issue as pie, when I fill the aero20 the surface tension of the water causes it to not drain into the bottle unless something is opening the funnel(a strong stream of water or my finger). Before I start cutting my funnel...I assume there was a reason you opted not to do this in the mold. Why was that?

Hi bnation. We did not want splashing to be an issue at all with the Aero 20. Does it splash with one of the tabs cut? Not really. However we just thought it was such an easy thing to cut a tab or 2 or none. It all depends on rider setup, weight, and the conditions of the roads you train on.

The Aero 30 will soon have the splash funnel as well, along with the Aero 20 straw.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
The Aero 30 will soon have the splash funnel as well, along with the Aero 20 straw.

Hello! I just bought the 20 for my wife and the 30 for myself. The 30 indeed does not have the splash funnel. I thought I lost it or was not included in the package and was about to go back to the shop I bought it from. Good thing I found this thread before raising hell with the shop. Will this be a free upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [BOSERO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BOSERO wrote:
Ted Striker wrote:

Hello! I just bought the 20 for my wife and the 30 for myself. The 30 indeed does not have the splash funnel. I thought I lost it or was not included in the package and was about to go back to the shop I bought it from. Good thing I found this thread before raising hell with the shop. Will this be a free upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

All of our current retailers will have the new 30s within the next week or two. Trisports will have them tomorrow. The new 30s come with the splash funnel, longer, softer straw, and taller aero mast collar.

Please inquire with your retailer or you can email us at info@torhans.com.
Thanks,
Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ted. Can you tell me if http://www.trigeeks.ca/Torhans.htm carries the new 30s with splash funnel etc. Their website describes the set up as "30oz Aero bottle, AeroFlow™ straw housing & straw, XFlow™ fill-on-the-go cap". Before ordering I want to make sure it is the new improved, no splash design. Thanks. Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [barrel_o_monkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
barrel_o_monkey wrote:
Hi Ted. Can you tell me if http://www.trigeeks.ca/Torhans.htm carries the new 30s with splash funnel etc. Their website describes the set up as "30oz Aero bottle, AeroFlow™ straw housing & straw, XFlow™ fill-on-the-go cap". Before ordering I want to make sure it is the new improved, no splash design. Thanks. Cheers.

Hey barrel o'

Yes, I just checked. Trigeeks will have the new Aero 30s by Thursday.

Cheers,
Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just how badly does it affect the aerodynamics if its mounted backwards with the straw closest to the front of the bars vs towards the headtube? It's the only way I can get it to fit on my Syntace C2 with an aerobridge installed.

thx
Quote Reply

Prev Next