Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you manufacture the bottles and hardware? Are they made with BPA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance of a coating or something to keep the cold in? Those of us in hot climates find that the icy cold refreshing beverage turns into luke warm sweet stuff in about five minutes. For Comparison, both my other systems have an insulator, the speedfil has a metalic sock, and a Bontrager aero race pack is insulated too.

That said I very much like the aero straw and the CLEAR bottle. Clear would be much easier to clean!

Let us know price and availability when you can.

-Jeff

--------------------------

TEAM HONEY BADGER
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [oxidefilm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Where do you manufacture the bottles and hardware? Are they made with BPA?

Fast isn’t enough at TorHans…and that’s why the Aero 30 is also BPA free! All future Torhans products will also be BPA free.

From the OP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Our next wind tunnel test we will test the AERO 30, 20 vs. a standard round bottle secured to the aerobars. This test will be done with a rider. Any volunteers? Our other tests to date have not been done with a rider.

The results we will post from the wind tunnel are shown with the following criteria.
1.bicycle only
2.bicycle with one of the current aerobar mounted hydration systems. A very popular one that has been on the market for years.
3.bicycle with TorHans AERO 30
4.bicycle with TorHans AERO 20
5.bicycle with frame mounted aero bottle
6.bicycle with TorHans frame mounted aero bottle
7.bicycle with standard round bottle.

Sure, I'll do it. Can we use my bike?

Oh...and where is the testing going to be? If it's at the LSWT in San Diego, I think I could manage to be there ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Last edited by: Tom A.: Sep 18, 10 11:39
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [jsfarmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any chance of a coating or something to keep the cold in? Those of us in hot climates find that the icy cold refreshing beverage turns into luke warm sweet stuff in about five minutes. For Comparison, both my other systems have an insulator, the speedfil has a metalic sock, and a Bontrager aero race pack is insulated too.

That said I very much like the aero straw and the CLEAR bottle. Clear would be much easier to clean!

Let us know price and availability when you can.

-Jeff

Hey Jeff,

We're working on an insulator for down the road. I can't give you a specific date but my best guess is spring/summer. The pic of the bottle that you see is for demo purposes only. The bottle will be made using a clear plastic but will be given an opalesence look to repel sunlight. It will be semi-transparent. Straight clear would heat up too quickly.

We're working on price. First availability should be mid November. The bottle you see in the pic is a rapid prototype. Bottles in Kona for our few athletes will be production level prototypes. They will not have the final graphics.

I'll have more renderings to show in the next few weeks of the AERO 30 as well as the smaller AERO 20.

Thanks,
Ted

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Our next wind tunnel test we will test the AERO 30, 20 vs. a standard round bottle secured to the aerobars. This test will be done with a rider. Any volunteers? Our other tests to date have not been done with a rider.

The results we will post from the wind tunnel are shown with the following criteria.
1.bicycle only
2.bicycle with one of the current aerobar mounted hydration systems. A very popular one that has been on the market for years.

Sure, I'll do it. Can we use my bike?

Oh...and where is the testing going to be? If it's at the LSWT in San Diego, I think I could manage to be there ;-)

It will be the LSWT. More than likely it will be done with the company who was kind enough to donate time to us on 3 other occasions. I may actually take you up on it.
Thanks,
Ted

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Ted Striker [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you are successful at the show and after.
When and how can we buy your product?

"Free Market Capitalism is the best path to Prosperity!"
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [shep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
What Tom said. I am one of the 3 people in the world who have a computer, but are not on Facebook. So, do a Luddite a solid, please?

;-)

So, that's you, and me....all we gotta do is find that third person......we could actually meet up....and talk IN PERSON....WOW, what a concept that would be ;-)

Count me as #4. Have two computers at home and one in the office but I don't have a facebook account (neither does my wife or kids).

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Last edited by: paxfobiscum: Oct 12, 10 8:36
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks pretty cool! i joined the fb group, i'll be interested to know when they go on sale and what the price point is

--
"It's too bad stupidity isn't painful."
-Anton LaVey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

1.bicycle only

I think it would be a big mistake to not include a standard round bottle mounted horizintally between the aerobars in this testing. I assume the aerobar mounted system you mention in #2 is the more traditional PD style.
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
What Tom said. I am one of the 3 people in the world who have a computer, but are not on Facebook. So, do a Luddite a solid, please?

;-)

So, that's you, and me....all we gotta do is find that third person......we could actually meet up....and talk IN PERSON....WOW, what a concept that would be ;-)

Count me as #4. Have two computers at home and one in the office but I don't have a facebook account (neither does my wife or kids).

#5 here. FB, myspace, twitter... bah. Since when did teenage girls take over the world??
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

1.bicycle only

I think it would be a big mistake to not include a standard round bottle mounted horizintally between the aerobars in this testing. I assume the aerobar mounted system you mention in #2 is the more traditional PD style.

You are right. I failed to mention that. We are testing a bottle mounted horizontally on the aero bars. We will also testing this with a TH proprietary mount. Basically we are going to test all things hydration. The above 7+ horizontal, TH horizontal, rear wing vertical, rear hydration horizontal.
So far we have tested our Aero 30, competitors aero bar mounted bottle, standard frame bottle, TH aero frame bottle.
All results will be posted on our website.
Thanks,
Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [jockeys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
looks pretty cool! i joined the fb group, i'll be interested to know when they go on sale and what the price point is

All of that info will be in our website. We will be going live with our site on Friday.
Thanks for your interest,
Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will you post any data of these setups with a rider included? it seems that a rider would make a significant difference. especially regarding the comparison to a horizontal bottle. Having a bottle that doesn't require leaving aero and doesn't add drag would be awesome.

Michael J. Pelechaty
Brewer, Black Box Brewing Co.

"Yeah, I was depressed for a little while, but then I remembered how awesome I am."
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [Cheddar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Michael,

We were scheduled to go to the wind tunnel last month, but modifications to our AERO 30 since Kona became first priority. We are now tentatively scheduled to go back in February assuming our other product prototypes for 2011 are ready. Again, the goal is to test everything hydration related, and yes with a rider when prudent.

Thanks for your interest. I love the quote under your signature btw! Funny.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey Michael,

We were scheduled to go to the wind tunnel last month, but modifications to our AERO 30 since Kona became first priority. We are now tentatively scheduled to go back in February assuming our other product prototypes for 2011 are ready. Again, the goal is to test everything hydration related, and yes with a rider when prudent.

Thanks for your interest. I love the quote under your signature btw! Funny.

Huh? But, I didn't get contacted about my volunteer gig...I'm crushed... :-(

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see the point - I would hesitate to use a bottle with a straw that sticks up into still air, especially when you could simply use this

Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that is one of the hydration systems they're planning on testing. They do address the straw issue a bit by adding a mast to it that is more aerodynamic than other common systems (aerodrink, speedfil, etc).
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think that is one of the hydration systems they're planning on testing. They do address the straw issue a bit by adding a mast to it that is more aerodynamic than other common systems (aerodrink, speedfil, etc).

Correct. That is one of the set ups we'll be testing against. All results will be posted. And yes, that is the point of the aero mast (round is not fast). We're just trying to give athletes the fastest hydration options possible, and we realize personal preference on set ups will vary athlete to athlete.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw that ST had a production model, and it seems like a pretty excellent advancement in hydration. now, a few questions-
will you make a frame mounted aero bottle?
What mechanism is holding water in? is that a top cap made of plastic (which i'm sure will work better than other foam models?
Is the rubber aero cover and the black top cap removable for cleaning?

I think you will have a lot of interest in these, especially since bottles have a pretty high attrition rate, and most of the models in production now are not too good.
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I would assume this set-up would present less resistance but don't you have to consider the fact that you have to sit up to remove the bottle from the mount, then take a drink, then put it back in the mount during which you present the headwind with a massive surface area - isn't staying in the aero-position while drinking the key to minimizing drag and maintaining your hard fought momentum?

Water bottle drag factor = negligible
Me drinking water from my standard water bottle = more drag than a mardi gras drag queen

Seems to me the straw is the key.

Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [tweickelberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tweickelberg wrote:
Just saw that ST had a production model, and it seems like a pretty excellent advancement in hydration. now, a few questions-
will you make a frame mounted aero bottle?
What mechanism is holding water in? is that a top cap made of plastic (which i'm sure will work better than other foam models?
Is the rubber aero cover and the black top cap removable for cleaning?

I think you will have a lot of interest in these, especially since bottles have a pretty high attrition rate, and most of the models in production now are not too good.

Frame bottle-yes, date tbd. Access cover is a BPA free rubber and is removable for cleaning. Bottle is dishwasher safe.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
issues loading the website?

Member HED, Cervelo, De Soto Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: TorHans Aero Hydration [rbirse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
? I do the bottle between the bars and have no problem drinking while in the aero position, yeah I have to take one hand off and pull the bottle out, but it's easy to do without getting on the basebar and sitting up.

I do like this bottle though, I'm going to keep an eye on this thread for next summer.

Prev Next