Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [albush1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was 275 and wrapped up around 9 minutes after the hour.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [ironmanatee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After about a good 12-20 page refreshes, I submitted my order after about 6min. It still didn't process after 5 minutes of waiting, so I re-ordered my 60/disc. So, my second try processed about 13min after the launch and I am order #412. Guess I'll have to wait till June or July. Crap!!! Let me know if anyone is selling a used wheelset that their flo wheels are replacing. I might be interested. I've got a race May 20th. This way, I'll be able to cancel my order and move everyone behind me up 2 wheels at least.

Quote | Reply
hctiwtwols wrote:
Goosedog wrote:
hctiwtwols wrote:
. . ., but so far I am unimpressed with the way this company has rolled anything out.

Well, I'm pretty impressed with their ability to drive demand.

You are impressed, but how well they have built that demand is debateable. If they hadn't had the hicups and missed deadlines I wonder how much stronger that demand would have been? I understand they are a start up, and like I said earlier, I wish them well...but they have dropped the ball SEVERAL times IMO. Having your server crash after just a few hundred people visit your site? I'm not a professional bowler or anything, but it sounds like they didn't test their site out. Spending several hundred to a thousand $$ on a company that hasn't proven they can execute isn't a risk I'm willing to take. I hope I'm wrong for FLO's sake and for the sake of the persons that have paid their hard earned money.

You don't know much about networking, load balancing, shared servers and the like do you? How do you think DDoS attacks work, and take down sites like Wells Fargo, BofA, etc?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I got locked out as I had a lunch meeting (Im in central time), so no wheels for me since my main race is late June.

If anyone has any buyers remorse on a 60 front wheel, let me know.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I understanding this correctly? You guys had to pay up front for wheels that some of you may not see until June or July?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
June for the first group. As late as September for the last group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was pretty much the cost of getting cheap wheels. I didn't buy any myself, but seems like a better deal than blowing twice as much on a similar product - even if available immediately.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow......personally, I can't see laying out cash for a product that I have not seen, touched, felt, etc. Deposit, sure. Paying in full for a product I may not see until September? Pass....I'd rather keep my hands on my money.

But to each their own.....hope it works out for you guys!!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Early adopters are suckers.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [Quel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know, I have a few friends in Vancouver who bought pre-build condos in the early 2000s, who tripled their money in about 8 years. I thought they were nuts at the time to buy a condo without ever seeing it (since it was years away from being built). I was very wrong....
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:
I don't know, I have a few friends in Vancouver who bought pre-build condos in the early 2000s, who tripled their money in about 8 years. I thought they were nuts at the time to buy a condo without ever seeing it (since it was years away from being built). I was very wrong....

Hope they sold it, cuz it's probably worthless now...

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting... on the store page, the wheels are still listed at the special prices. I thought the special pricing was supposed to end at 2 pm PST?

K_Man
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [K_Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they added an extra hr because of the server issues at first went to 3 pm pst.
Also got a phone call confirmation from Chris on wheel ordered, i have to say overall it went well for them

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Vancouver. Bought my first condo for $150K in 2000. If I kept it today, it would be worth $400K+ (and we are talking about 700 sq ft).

I know the US is having a lot of trouble with real estate, but Canada is nothing like that. We don't have any NINJA loans (no income, no job type loans). As such, if you can't afford to own it, few will lend to you!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or worth a sh1t load more now. You obviously do not live in Vancouver and have no understanding of the local market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Wow......personally, I can't see laying out cash for a product that I have not seen, touched, felt, etc. Deposit, sure. Paying in full for a product I may not see until September? Pass....I'd rather keep my hands on my money.

But to each their own.....hope it works out for you guys!!

I paid a year in advance for Ironman Canada..... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. I do not. Admittedly.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As mentioned above, our situation up here is very different from down there. A lot more stable.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
hctiwtwols wrote:
Goosedog wrote:
hctiwtwols wrote:
. . ., but so far I am unimpressed with the way this company has rolled anything out.

Well, I'm pretty impressed with their ability to drive demand.

You are impressed, but how well they have built that demand is debateable. If they hadn't had the hicups and missed deadlines I wonder how much stronger that demand would have been? I understand they are a start up, and like I said earlier, I wish them well...but they have dropped the ball SEVERAL times IMO. Having your server crash after just a few hundred people visit your site? I'm not a professional bowler or anything, but it sounds like they didn't test their site out. Spending several hundred to a thousand $$ on a company that hasn't proven they can execute isn't a risk I'm willing to take. I hope I'm wrong for FLO's sake and for the sake of the persons that have paid their hard earned money.

You don't know much about networking, load balancing, shared servers and the like do you? How do you think DDoS attacks work, and take down sites like Wells Fargo, BofA, etc?

John

Nope you obviously didn't read the part where I'm not a professional bowler did you? I do know a little something about rolling out new product, and you ALWAYS ALWAYS have everything tested before you go live. There are several companies that have released product with higher demand that hasn't had the problems that this company has.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [Pedalsaurus-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could be wrong (it did happen once), but I be you didn't make the same type of comment regarding trusting infinit during their annual sale when their server crashed (although I agree I wouldn't consider them untested)

Rather than look back and say "why?", look forward and say "why not?!"
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious, has anyone gotten a confirm email yet?

I'm still waiting...
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [QBall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QBall wrote:
Just curious, has anyone gotten a confirm email yet?

They stated on Facebook that the confirmation emails will be delayed until they finish working through all the duplicate orders. I didn't get a confirmation email, but I registered and the order shows up in my order history, and I called and talked to Chris as well and it's in place. So I wouldn't sweat it if you didn't get a confirmation yet.

Asad
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i know they are working quickly to get rid of the duplicate orders. Ive gotten emails for 3 canceled ones so far.
And no, i didnt refresh... I hit the back button on the page when the CC charge status was hanging (after banging F5 like 50 times just to get to that point)
not worried at all, they seem to be huge into CS. Im just excited to get my wheels :)
I am even more excited that I wont have to troll the classifieds for a used set anymore!
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... Don't remind me... I could have bought a renovated cond when I was in Abbotsford in 2000/01 for 40 to 50k....

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses.
Quote Reply

Prev Next