Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should have bought pedals first

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Order #411. 60/90 in stealth black.

Took a lot of refreshing and finger crossing but it worked.

I feel bad that these guys had the issues they did but it seems to be working now.

--------------------------
IMWI 2011 - check - 11:54
IMMT 2012 - check - 10:49
Michigan Titanium 2013 - 11:50
http://www.ironmanbythirty.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am at the last step of checkout and am getting "This transaction cannot be processed."

It must be a sign...I am going for a run.

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, I already have them - Orange Speedplays

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After refreshing over and over again I was finally able to place my order. I got order #216. (Given the problems with the web site, I don't know how 215 people placed orders faster than me!)

I stuck with the default option of UPS Ground for $85 even though priority mail was almost $60 cheaper. Maybe I can change the shipping option later?

Also, I got the Shimano cassette on the rear wheel because there was no option for an SRAM Apex cassette. I guess I'll have to swap out the cassette myself so I can use the wheel with my Shiv TT.

K_Man
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
Holy shit, $123 for UPS ground shippign?!?!

Asad

where are you shipping to?

To So Cal, UPS Ground is $37.24 for 1 wheel and $75.43 for 2 wheels. Sounds like UPS requires them to be sent in 2 packages.
USPS Priority is $22.80 for 1 or 2 wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [ironmanbythirty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh crap.. I didn't think to check my order number to see if I'm in the first lot...
I saved each page of the process to a PDF.. pulled up invoice...

#209 WOOHOO!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [yournotunique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Order #428, but I didn't even process that "4-500 wheels" meant wheels, not sets. So maybe I am in group 2. Still, Most of my races are towards the end of the year (June-Nov) so this still should work out for me with a June-ish delivery, right?

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [K_Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K_Man wrote:
Also, I got the Shimano cassette on the rear wheel because there was no option for an SRAM Apex cassette. I guess I'll have to swap out the cassette myself so I can use the wheel with my Shiv TT.

That refers to the body the cassette attaches to, Shimano and Sram cassettes fit to the same hub body, you should be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You ordered a shimano compatible ( and SRAM) wheel - no cassette included. You will have to take it off your existing wheel and move it to the Flo (looks like you will be buying a chain whip and cassette locking removal too). Go to park tool.com for instructional videos on how to do it.

Good luck-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HalfSpeed wrote:
Oh crap.. I didn't think to check my order number to see if I'm in the first lot...
I saved each page of the process to a PDF.. pulled up invoice...

#209 WOOHOO!!!

What time did your order process? Mine went through at 12:12 central, but I have no idea what order # I am since I used the guest login.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you are right! Some people should just keep their mouth shut. They look smarter when they don't say anything!

2014 --> IMFL 70.3 / IM Augusta 70.3 / IMFL
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timboricki wrote:

where are you shipping to?

To So Cal, UPS Ground is $37.24 for 1 wheel and $75.43 for 2 wheels. Sounds like UPS requires them to be sent in 2 packages.
USPS Priority is $22.80 for 1 or 2 wheels.

Minnesota, it was $123 for 60/60 combo. I ended up selecting USPS Parcel Post for $20.

Asad
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I shipped to Philly, USPS parcel, for ~$26.

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgunthert wrote:
What time did your order process? Mine went through at 12:12 central, but I have no idea what order # I am since I used the guest login.

About 10:20 PST - I had the 'Please Wait' for 4 minutes after entering CC info. I was scared to do anything, but decided to hit the 'confirm' button again - this can often lead to a double order. Two 'Please Wait's appeared for about 10 seconds and then the order processed. Only one set of wheels on the invoice (whew!)

Crazy!

Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't get an email confirmation from guest checkout, nor is there activity on my cc (after 40min). I might be screwed.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [GregRF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, okay. That makes sense.

It would've been nice if FLO had provided more guidance around the options, including the cassette and shipping options, so that we could've been better informed before placing our orders!

K_Man
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [yournotunique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ditto. going to northern DE via USPS, $26.00.
i'm order #700.
looks like a fun gamble.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ha!
just got this email:

Hello All,

Thank you for the patience and sorry for the server problems. The servers are now up and running. Please note it may take some time for the confirmation email to come through since the mail servers are swamped. Again sorry for the problems and we appreciate everyone's support.

Take care,

Jon & Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [Mr. Burns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just received this, probably most/all of you did as well.

Quote:
Hello All,

Thank you for the patience and sorry for the server problems. The servers are now up and running. Please note it may take some time for the confirmation email to come through since the mail servers are swamped. Again sorry for the problems and we appreciate everyone's support.

Take care,

Jon & Chris
==============================================
You are receiving this meal because you've signed up for the FLO Launch.

I ordered the stealth black 60/90 combo, took about 12 or 13 minutes to get order completed as a guest, using my paypal account. paypal receipt has an invoice ID number of 288, for what that is worth. $58.85 for USPS Priority to Minnesota.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has it been clarified whether or not the "500" figure refers to single wheels or order number? If it's single wheels, the order number required to be in the first group could be significantly lower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would have helped the most was the ability to create accounts before sale started. This would have taken some of the load off their database server.

I will be shocked if there are not duplicate orders when this all gets cleared up. I ended up putting in a 2nd order on a registered account because my 1st order with the guest account did not generate a confirmation email. Plus, silly me, I did not print the success screen.

Now I can at least log in and see my order. But still no confirmation email for either order.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [Pedalsaurus-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your logic is faulty...not only that, but honestly, how many "technical high speed descents" do you or anyone actually ride? Seriously, I'd like to know. You make it sound like people are going to be bombing the DH trails at Whistler with these things. Roads were made for cars--if it's too steep and "technical" for a bike, most cars would be totally fucked over and the road would be useless. I'll eat my words if you perchance live in the Rockies or the Alps or something like that, but I wouldn't trust a carbon braking surface for a descent like that period, regardless of manufacturer.

Come on man. Be realistic...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [fegnomashic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You are receiving this meal
Good, I was getting hungry.
Quote Reply
Re: Time it took for the Flo server to crash... [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In for a Flo 60 front, stealth. I have a PT/wheelcover, so no need for the rear, but I roll a Hed3 up front usually; this is going to be my strong winds race wheel. I'm a light guy, and that Hed3 gets a little twitchy in the wind for my taste. I've been following Flo since the first thread, so I'm excited to get my product (in 120-150 days)
Quote Reply

Prev Next