Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [cdanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So who is in the lead? Sindballe or Lieto?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes... not to turn this into a commercial. A lot of people don;t understand the role of the bike. The P3C gets too much attnetion. Look at Slowman's stack and reach data on the differences in P3C and P2C in sizes 54, 56, 58...

There is a reason why P2C is better for many people than P3C. Interestinly- DeBooms Felt is very P2C-like in its configuration from a positional perspective.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Xterraguy15-19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she's one of the brett sutton coached athletes...she placed at itu world long distance champs this year i think? and won ironman korea.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you Fleck. I am really thinking about buying a P2C for next season and making my Dual frame into a dropbar/aerobar triathlon training bike. Since I have tricked out the Dual to exactly what I want, the next progression is to a nice carbon frame and the P2C is my first choice and the Jamis Xenith a close second.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah Tom, I agree. I wouldn't count Tim out yet, but I'd say Macca and Crowie are running away from him.

-Brian
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Xterraguy15-19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wellington looks smooth. Really smooth. I guess it was 122 degrees when she won Korea.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how much time that flapping race number cost Wellington?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who do you call to win the race now womens and mens????

womens I say kate major, she's got the experience, she's the fastest runner near the lead probably

mens I say McCormack. He's been hungry for a win here for 6 years. It's time.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't predict women's race, but I agree on Macca....

And, with Normann out- I say- good for him!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Scott was clunky and duck footed. That worked a long time ago- before we had so many hot runners. I think the bar is higher now"

well, i'd bet a lot of the smooth and silky runners would trade their expected time for the clunky footed guy's time. 2:42 worked then, and i think it would still work today ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Hey, any JOnnyo spottings on the course?[/reply]

I hear that Jonnyo slowed down to enjoy the view of the top womens...

;-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McGlone and McCormack for the win and I am sticking too it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
who do you call to win the race now womens and mens????

womens I say kate major, she's got the experience, she's the fastest runner near the lead probably

mens I say McCormack. He's been hungry for a win here for 6 years. It's time.
I'm one of the lucky so far that my initial predictions still stands at this time Craig and Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd have to disagree on this wellington girl. I mean, the people who do IM lanzarote don't do good at hawaii, that race is pretty hot from what I hear. To me hawaii seems to be a whole different atmosphere. But I have to say an ironman in 122 deg. is pretty hxc hardcore.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wellington looks awesome running through transition...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am i reading that right.....both macca and alexander knocked 3 minutes off of sinballes lead by the 3 mile mark? Doesnt seem like anyone else is running at that pace right now, very impressive if i read that right
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [MTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty good coverage on the german channel - good footage from the morning swim and bike.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom can you post the link to the stack and reach data. I can not find it.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The P3C gets too much attention

how ironic, given all the love the P3C gets on this forum and elsewhere, if Cervelo's first pro win at hawaii comes from someone on a P2C? if that happens i predict sales of the P2C to go thru the roof :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2:42 worked then, and i think it would still work today ;-)

Classic.

No way a 2:42 run nearly 20 years ago is the same as it would be now.

Umm, okay.

lol

Last edited by: Mike C: Oct 13, 07 15:56
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [omoore61] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why does my Live video not work and everyone elses appears to? HMMMMMMM

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it German?
Quote Reply
Re: The ST Kona Coverage Thread...with Monty Colour Commentary [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, they have not even left Alii Drive and I am bonking. This is harder than doing the race. I was lying on the couch with the laptop on my stomach watching the coverage and fell asleep and the machine almost fell the ground!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do like Tom and I, Red Bull baby!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those compression socks are hot. I need to get a pair of those!

:-)

Jodi
Quote Reply

Prev Next