Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Terenzo B. with back to back wins
Quote | Reply
So much for taking 3 weeks off after an IM... Terenzo crushed IMNZ last weekend and won 70.3 Bariloche today. Wow.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
So much for taking 3 weeks off after an IM... Terenzo crushed IMNZ last weekend and won 70.3 Bariloche today. Wow.

Yeah, that sounds completely normal. Crush an Ironman, fly half way across the world, win a 70.3. In eight total days. People around here should be more skeptical.

Ride for show, run for dough.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, he has the potential to be one of the best. Needs to stay healthy.
Hope he spreads out his efforts and keeps winning.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Winning a race and going fast in it can be separated things. I bet the very next day he could have beaten you and I and most people reading in another 1/2 Ironman. Do you see the difference?
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he got a really big motor about a year ago...

ericlambi wrote:
Timtek wrote:
So much for taking 3 weeks off after an IM... Terenzo crushed IMNZ last weekend and won 70.3 Bariloche today. Wow.


Yeah, that sounds completely normal. Crush an Ironman, fly half way across the world, win a 70.3. In eight total days. People around here should be more skeptical.

Eric Reid
AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Chapel Hill, NC
Aerodynamic Optimized Bike Fitting, Retul Pre-Purchase Bike Fitting, USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coaching, Nutrition
Ask me: Scody Optimized Speed Suits | CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Systems | HUUB Skinsuits and Wetsuits | Ventum Bicycles and Frames
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He does have a 10 year track record of backing up races though, sometimes doing 3 half ironmans in 3 weeks. And winning them. So I wouldn't say this is suspiciously out of character.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [andy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halfs are a huge difference. Going sub 8 and then one week later sub 4 on a tough course is suspicious, no matter who the athlete is.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is deja vu to a couple year back when he went back to back to back and end up with an achilles injury and struggled to get his form for over a year and ended with surgery.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Halfs are a huge difference. Going sub 8 and then one week later sub 4 on a tough course is suspicious, no matter who the athlete is.

Suspicious of what? Someone who is in great shape and a training plan that is working?
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was beating professional athletes not you and I, Do you see the difference?
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halfs are a huge difference. Going sub 8 and then one week later sub 4 on a tough course is suspicious, no matter who the athlete is. //

You know for sure how long the course was?? Was it a fast day? Did he beat a deep world class field?? My guess this was just a chip shot for him after his Ironman, and you all conspiracy guys are just making way to much out of it.


You people seem to forger that a decade ago this guy had races that are still incredible today. I watched the day he set the Wildflower course record, one of the most difficult 1/2 Ironmans you will ever see, and he went a legit 3;51, running 1;11+ for a hilly, mostly dirt trail run. After that race I figured he would go on to dominate, but something got in his way, injury, illness, fatigue, but something put the brakes on what should have been a super dominant run of races. Perhaps he is just getting back to that form, worked out the issues that held him back from repeating that day, and is now showing us what he should have 10 years ago.


I dont know what is going on, he had a great season last year finishing off really fast, and is not continuing it this season. He did not come out of no where, unless you call 15 years of being a top triathlete and setting a record at Wildflower that I believe still stands nowhere. Just good he is figuring things out before age begins to degrade you to being off the podiums. But of course Cameron is setting a new bar for that one now too...
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was beating professional athletes not you and I, Do you see the difference?//

SO you would have the same feeling if he beat all the professional women too?? I will spell it out I guess, perhaps he is just so much better than the field he raced, in this nothing run of the mill 70.3, that he could be off 5% or more and still win. Kind of like Kate Ledecky in the 1500, she could get out of a 10k hard workout, jump into the olympic final and still win. Make it a smaller meet and she could breath every 10th stroke and still win.


And I think we have established that he is at the top of his game right now, so unless racing a handful of guys we know are in that league, he just might have had an easy day, in spite of the win...
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty your arguments for are just as inane as the arguments against... you're not going to convince anyone to change their minds.

Eric Reid
AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Chapel Hill, NC
Aerodynamic Optimized Bike Fitting, Retul Pre-Purchase Bike Fitting, USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coaching, Nutrition
Ask me: Scody Optimized Speed Suits | CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Systems | HUUB Skinsuits and Wetsuits | Ventum Bicycles and Frames
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think anyone is forgetting anything, but results like this warrant suspicion. I would be suspicious no matter whom the athlete was.
There are a few outliers in sports who recover in incredibly fast, in running you have Yuta Shitara who has run sub 2:12 on 2 consecutive weekends, however just because an athlete has a track record of similar feats, doesn't make the person impervious to questioning and suspicion. I am giving Terrenzo the benefit of the doubt, as I do everyone, but we definitely should be able to talk about it.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More importantly Monty can you please stop using bold. It’s extremely annoying, thanks.

ericMPro wrote:
monty your arguments for are just as inane as the arguments against... you're not going to convince anyone to change their minds.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you referring to time spent in Girona?

That being said, this is not out of the ordinary for Bozzone. Seems to go on these tears every season.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Monty's style of replying. To me it's a lot cleaner than the default quoting. I also enjoy reading his commentary, so I like that they stand out.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
More importantly Monty can you please stop using bold. It’s extremely annoying, thanks.[\quote]

I fully support this statement, but I also back Monty on this one. A barely sub-4 half is pedestrian for pro men these days. The names he beat are the same ones he would usually beat, and who knows where they are in their training cycles.

If he wins again next week, l will eat this comment.

***
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty your arguments for are just as inane as the arguments against... you're not going to convince anyone to change their minds.//

Except I'm not making an argument. People are insinuating that he must be taking drugs(without actually saying it, which is chicken shit to me) to be able to do this. I'm not taking a stand one way or the other, just pointing out that he has had tremendous results in the past, even better than now by my reckoning. And I have no idea or not if he doped then, or now, or both. But without any evidence to the contrary, and his history from when he was a kid of being a great athlete, nothing in any of his performances leads me to any suspicion beyond the usual blanket thrown over all professional athletes. To my knowledge he has never been associated with drugs, missed or failed a test, or been in that camp of folks that deserve more scrutiny than others might get..


My argument if you want to take it as one is just that he has been and is a great athlete for a very long time, nothing more, nothing less.


How do the italics work for you all??

Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do the italics work for you all?? //

I prefer bold.

Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Halfs are a huge difference. Going sub 8 and then one week later sub 4 on a tough course is suspicious, no matter who the athlete is.

Of course it is & you should be suspicious, now let me direct you to the REASON Nike will direct you to also, for this level of performance...ready? Rupp has it...Oregon Project has it...Flanagan has it, now Terenzo has it...it ends in this: 4%. Can you figure it out? Don't tell anyone, it's the secret of success.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once you used "do you see the difference", you made it hard to have a discussion. Turned that back on you and you have gone defensive.

You pointed out that he would beat "you and I'. I clarified that he beat other pros, not just you and I. That is a bit different to beating retired Monty or weekend hacker Stevie.

The relevance of beating the pro women, don't know. That he beat a soft field of people no one has heard off in a sport where there are around maybe 15 20 tops who are relevant. I get your point. Terenzo many years after his peak can dominate because he is that good and triathlon is just not filled with that many really top people.
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much better, thank you. Bold just makes me think you’re yelling.

monty wrote:
monty your arguments for are just as inane as the arguments against... you're not going to convince anyone to change their minds.//

Except I'm not making an argument. People are insinuating that he must be taking drugs(without actually saying it, which is chicken shit to me) to be able to do this. I'm not taking a stand one way or the other, just pointing out that he has had tremendous results in the past, even better than now by my reckoning. And I have no idea or not if he doped then, or now, or both. But without any evidence to the contrary, and his history from when he was a kid of being a great athlete, nothing in any of his performances leads me to any suspicion beyond the usual blanket thrown over all professional athletes. To my knowledge he has never been associated with drugs, missed or failed a test, or been in that camp of folks that deserve more scrutiny than others might get..


My argument if you want to take it as one is just that he has been and is a great athlete for a very long time, nothing more, nothing less.


How do the italics work for you all??
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course! It makes perfect sense! So Rupp's 59:47 half this morning is equal to 59:47x2x1.04=2:09 without the shoes, which makes sense since Rupp is a 2:09 guy.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Last edited by: oscaro: Mar 11, 18 14:47
Quote Reply
Re: Terenzo B. with back to back wins [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once you used "do you see the difference", you made it hard to have a discussion. Turned that back on you and you have gone defensive. //

I went back and looked at the thread and I see you jumped in on my reply to someone else, thought you were the guy I was responding to. And my testiness if you could call it that, was because of the veiled insinuation from this other guy that he must have doped to get this result. Since you jumped in on that reply apparently defending that position(I assumed so since you inserted yourself into it right there), I then got a bit snarky with my position, I apologize for the offense to you.


And thank you for acknowledging my real point, sometimes it is frustrating talking to some on here that dig in and never seem to get it, or refuse to acknowledge they get it, arguing for arguing sakes...


How's the font now guys???
Last edited by: monty: Mar 11, 18 14:58
Quote Reply

Prev Next