Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can assert your 5th amendment rights in grand jury testimony. Some people here seem to have forgotten that.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
you can plead the 5th so as to not incriminate yourself

but you cannot plead the 5th so as to not incriminate someone else.
I understand, but he was talking about bringing Lance in front of the Grand Jury. Presumably, Lance will not make the same mistakes Bonds made.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand they might not be the sharpest tools in the shed. But I've gotta believe that the doctors and the people running the team are at least above average.

I'm not contradicting myself. According to Tyler I don't think they were being discrete at all. Handing out white lunch bags with PED's in not being discrete. That would make it way to easy for someone to lose a bag etc. If they were being discrete, I'd image they would only have one trainer/doctor carry the PED's and give them to the cyclist personally.

Ultimately I have no idea. Tyler could be 100% telling the truth. If that's the case I'm absolutely amazed they didn't get caught in the act. They would have acted way to careless in my opinion.

Again, I'm 99% convinced Lance used PED's. I'm sure Tyler saw him take PED's etc. I just find the details to his story a little to Hollywood like. Like he wants a book deal or a movie.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [Azr43l] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Azr43l wrote:
Yes, you can assert your 5th amendment rights in grand jury testimony. Some people here seem to have forgotten that.

I was under the impression that you lose your 5th Amendment Rights if you are granted immunity, which TY-Ty was. If granted immunity 9even limited immunity), I believe you have to answer the questions from a grand jury.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>c) to plead the fifth and say nothing

True. Oliver North. But you have to refuse to answer any questions at all. If he answers a single question, the protection is lost. So he'd have no opportunity to tell his side of the story. And one of Lances' primary defenses is his sheer force of will and personality. He wouldn't be able to charm the jury out of an indictment with testimony of his 500 passed tests, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
>c) to plead the fifth and say nothing

True. Oliver North. But you have to refuse to answer any questions at all. If he answers a single question, the protection is lost. So he'd have no opportunity to tell his side of the story. And one of Lances' primary defenses is his sheer force of will and personality. He wouldn't be able to charm the jury out of an indictment with testimony of his 500 passed tests, etc.
I think if I was Lance I'd take the fifth and make them prove everything. I think we've yet to hear any evidence of fraud. Eyewitness accounts of Lance injecting himself with EPO aren't enough to charge Lance with anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
"60 Minutes" obtained a letter from USADA in which the Swiss lab which tested Armstrong at the 2001 Tour de Suisse considered Armstrong's sample "suspicious" and "consistent with EPO use". The CBS news program learned that the director of the Swiss lab had met with both Lance Armstrong and team director Johan Bruyneel concerning the test from the Tour de Suisse.

The Swiss lab director has since given a sworn statement to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). "60 Minutes" has learned that the lab director testified that a representative of the UCI wanted the matter of the suspicious test to go no further. The lab director also testified that the meeting between himself, Bruyneel and Armstrong was arranged by the UCI.

The lab director said that testing procedures were discussed during the meeting.

Around the time that the meeting took place between the Swiss lab director, Armstrong and Bruyneel, Armstrong donated $25,000 to the UCI. Three years later he made an additional $100,000 donation to the UCI.

The UCI would not reveal to "60 Minutes" the doping test from the 2001 Tour de Suisse due to rider confidentiality, but Armstrong's attorney provided the news show with a letter from the UCI on the matter that states none of the positive samples belonged to Armstrong.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We all saw that Tyler was being somewhat protective of Lance in the 60 Minutes interview. He would say that everyone was doing it - not just Lance etc etc. You could tell he was wanting to be honest but defuse the severity of the truth.

I think what will be interesting to see is what happens when Lance lashes out at Tyler the way he did at Floyd, Andreu etc etc etc. I am guessing Tyler's loyalty will diminish further and he will unveil some very clear examples of LA's drug use. The same goes for Hincapie (probably even more so). With both these fellows being like brothers for so long to Lance, you know they have the stories to share.

I will also add that I hope the UCI goes down for this. What the hell were they thinking taking that much money from Lance???!!!! How stupid are these people?!?!?!

Last edited by: AJHull: May 24, 11 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think its ironic that supposedly the uci spent the money donated on a doping detction machine.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:
I will also add that I hope the UCI goes down for this. What the hell were they thinking taking that much money from Lance???!!!! How stupid are these people?!?!?!

stupid all the way to the bank!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:

Yes. It's insane that they would take money from a cyclist - the very people they are supposed to regulate. That's an insanely blatant conflict of interest and speaks to corruption regardless of whether or not the purpose of the money is ever truly known.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With both these fellows being like brothers for so long to Lance, you know they have the stories to share.

My sense is that people are way overestimating the level of the friendship between Pro Cyclists. I think that outside view is that these guys on a team are all best buddies training together, racing together all year long. They know one another well, but the reality is that they don't spend that much time training together and in reality they are hired help, mercenaries really, that are brought in for the big races, to support and help the team leader(s) on a given team.

Michael Barry's Book, "Inside the Postal Bus . . . ." touches on this a bit as have other stories that I have read elsewhere.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Quote:
"60 Minutes" obtained a letter from USADA in which the Swiss lab which tested Armstrong at the 2001 Tour de Suisse considered Armstrong's sample "suspicious" and "consistent with EPO use".
What does 'suspicious' mean? Is that a positive test? Or does that mean he had a suspiciously high hematocrit level? Still not sure what they would charge Lance with based on what we've heard so far. Maybe Lance was injecting B12 supplements? Does Tyler know for certain what was in Lance's syringes?

I think to prove anything they're going to need specific instances and precise dates of when Lance took EPO. Lance will then bring out his doctors who will claim that if he had taken EPO on such and such a date it would have shown up in a subsequent test. I don't think it will be sufficient for Tyler to just say he recalls Lance injecting himself a couple of times with something in a 7 year period.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the billionth time, they're not investigating him for PED use. They're investigating him for fraud.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [gbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

To:

regardless of whether or not the purpose of the money is ever truly known

Also raised at the SCA Promotions case was the issue of the donation made by Armstrong to the UCI to purchase anti-doping equipment. Armstrong said the donation was 'around $25,000'.

Earlier this year, Pat McQuaid, the president of the UCI, said that the donation was $100,000 and the money was used to purchase a Sysmex machine.
From the article:
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/...d-sports-or-not.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"suspicious" means that it will not be suspicious once we receive that bag of cash.

Quote | Reply
I always love the logic that a rider who has doped and said they didn't is less credible than any other rider in particular. The flat out truth is that in a certain generation of top-level cyclists, conservatively 90% or more told the same lie. Some of those guys got caught, some didn't - they all lied and there is not a single one of them that is more or less credible than any other simply because they said they didn't dope. To me LA has no more credibility than Floyd or Tyler. He has the same motivation as every other athlete to lie about doping so there is no moral high-ground to be had in my opinion. In fact, it has been shown time and again that in the context of sport he was megalomaniacal and ruthless.

His credibility in a sporting sense has nothing to do with his good works outside of the sporting arena.

If Lance had never said a word about doping, never chastised those who were busted, or proclaimed his purity to anyone who would listen then I really wouldn't care about all this. Instead he lied flagrantly and often, fought to uphold the code of silence, and acted like the only good guy in the sport when others went down for the same things he was doing. He built his house of cards too tall, and I don't think it's anyone's responsibility to protect him from the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here may be an answer to Tyler's motivation
http://amlawdaily.typepad.com/...dersoninterview.html
Thought this paragraph telling.

Have you interacted much with lawyers representing any of the other cyclists that have been linked to the investigation?
I have heard from Lance's lawyers from the very beginning. Before Tyler testified to the grand jury, Lance's lawyers...wanted to enter into a joint defense agreement. I told them, "I don't think my guy is a defendant."

As far as Floyd, I forgot as a whistle blower I think he can get a third of the settlement
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [gbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gbot wrote:
For the billionth time, they're not investigating him for PED use. They're investigating him for fraud.
Sure, but what specifically would they charge him with at this time base on what we've heard recently from Tyler? I've heard he signed a contract saying he wouldn't take PEDs. Fine, they have to prove that he did. Just because Tyler took PEDs doesn't mean Lance took them. I'm sure he did but I can't prove it. What other fraudulent activity did Lance personally commit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you read the articles I posted to you? If he was part owner of tailwind, and he knew of doping, and postal gave tailwind 32 million???? Said it was a clean team, and knew from before 2001 and during it was not.???/ Get it
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on the article you provided it wasn't clear whether Lance owned a piece of Tailwind or not. Even if he was a minority shareholder, that doesn't necessarily make him personally liable for Tailwind's actions. If he wasn't a director or part of the management team he wouldn't normally be liable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geez nevermind. I am not going to pull up every friggen article for you. You think that they cannot prove his involvment with tailwind.
I just gave you a couple of articles to answer your question. I do not work for Novitski to prove to you. If you do not get what they are charging him for, you never will. Lances lawyers should hire you, obviously you can defend the case
Quote Reply
Re: So now that Tyler Hamilton"wants to make things right" [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Geez nevermind. I am not going to pull up every friggen article for you. You think that they cannot prove his involvment with tailwind.
You seem to be getting worked up over this. It's not a big deal, just mild curiosity. He may well have had a controlling interest in Tailwind but you haven't shown any evidence to that effect. If I own shares in Boeing and they overcharge the government on a defense contract I'm not liable. Do you think Lance owned a bigger share of Tailwind?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not trying to show eveidence.If I could, the government would not be building a case. They would just read the thread. YOU asked why doping use could be a reason to charge. Yes, I am an idiot getting worked up. You do not get it. Obviously you never will Cheers :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next