Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I know that Tracys softball team will win every game now...we have decided to take on the mentality of Tri folks and have nine outfielders, a first base man and a backup first baseman. We also will have extra balls at every base so we will be able to tag any base runner out at any base...oh, the other teams if they want to follow the rules to the letter are just a bunch of elitest babies who need to get over themselves...PLAY BALL!!! (Sounds stupid does it not?)[/reply]

sorry the backup firstbaseman is just too much...

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
bluemonkey said it all about TNT. I have worked with two TNT groups in two cities and rules were discussed and reminded in both cases.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what a bunch of snobs. Maybe if some of you get off your high horse and volunteer to help out some newbies, whether they are TNT or kids or anything you might get a clue. Sad, very sad.

Dude, you get off yours! I have volunteered with one of my club's new triathlete group for many years, on the bike, teaching people how to ride and how to follow the fucking rules. We have given thousands of dollars to charity in this program.

I also coach (volunteer, no pay) a swim session one day a week for my other tri club. I was there this morning (a little late) after getting home at 1:30 AM for work travel. I do think I have a clue.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guilt by association- you hang out with a "very nasty person". I don't know how you put up with my incessant whining.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI...My name is spelled with a C.

You said:
look, here is the thing. this group of kvetching sisters was not in anybody's way. the course was closed to traffic, in any case.

Another case of not giving all the information at the start.

But that said, my question to you is: Did you EXPLAIN the rules to them because what if next time, they are in a race with too many people, not last on the course and the course open to traffic? Not letting them know the rules and that the rules apply to ALL in the race will just reinforce the behavior and down the line, it will have consequences for someone.

If they want a nice bike ride together, there are charity rides for that.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy, I can kick your ass. ;-)
And, I like your kid even though she costs me money every time I see her! hahahahaha

clm

PS--When is she leaving?

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
House? Judgemental? Nooooo....

I'm sure he's a real hoot at parties. Smoke a joint and laugh, already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She left monday. I was in the pool until 8:15 last night, its so weird not to have to be home by 5:45. I'll be saving hundreds of dollars in would be snack money over the next few weeks.

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fe-Man...is that cause of the stories your wife tells her? :-)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's just say that it's OK for eveyone not to like TIT. So far, it just seems that the only people who like TIT are people who are TIT.

Narcissim.
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Deus ex Machina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Let's just say that it's OK for eveyone not to like TIT. So far, it just seems that the only people who like TIT are people who are TIT.

Narcissim.
I think you are wrong. They do grow the sport, pay entry fee's and add something. TIT is certainly not the only ones breaking the rules as in (some of) their minds they dont matter as they are not FOP folks. I think they get a spot light on them as they all happen to be wearing the color purple.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like TIT, and I am not in TIT. I support ANY group who helps get folks off their butts.

I am organizing a group of workers from work to run the Sac. Marathon in Dec as a team or individuals. I guess I need to make sure they do not bring headsets, even though I sure see many more in road races, compared to Tris. :o)

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Know what I'm saying?

Took me a minute. In my opinion there's more than 1.

Last edited by: KEJ: Jun 21, 06 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the repsponses pretty much bear out what I have said about the snobby attitude pervasive in a lot of people on this forum. God forbid you are new to this forum or new to triathlon as many people will immediately ignore you and make claims about how horrible you are for the sport.

Chip, if it's only about following rules why are you ripping on certain groups when you admittedly have nothing to back up your claims.

Ironclm- feeling guilty? I never said any specific names, so you must be.

Slayer- Did I miss the big drug /thrash metal, get mad when someone calls people out party.

The funny thing is I have yet to see one response that actually refutes anything I have said, just a bunch of people acting like the "snob roadies" they whine about and making excuses to not help out the people they feel are such a horrible pox on the sport.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Chip, if it's only about following rules why are you ripping on certain groups when you admittedly have nothing to back up your claims.

Did you not see my post about "Michelle" at Florida who was one of the purple menace blocking the road on the bike course? Did you miss the fact that they blocked a bunch of us from later waves and pretty much told us tough shit? Did you miss their (some TIT) peoples comments about them not needing to be some "type A competitor" as they were there "for a cause"? It is not my fault that they happened to be in purple...just an observation that the pack in question was.

I suppose the others who have had very similar situations have nothing to back up their claims either...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have nothing against beginners, nor do I have anything against people who give money to charity. I also have nothing against companies that tie the two things together.

I just don't like the methodology and tactics that TIT allows the people wearing purple do. There are other fund-raising organizations out there and I have never seen anyone say anything bad about them. I just think that TIT is pretty much impolite on how they treat everyone else and the organization shows no respect to the people who comprise the main body of this sport.

I don't really consider people who are TIT at races newbies. I think of them as clients of a corporation. Those people paid money for a service and the corporation set everything up for them to attend a race, therefore, they are clients.

For Example, I didn't think it was particulary funny when 3 motorcoaches filled with "purple" showed up at one event and swamped registration for over 2 hours. I just think that TIT does a poor job of organizing and informing their clients to ensure propper ettiquite at the events they attend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

For Example, I didn't think it was particulary funny when 3 motorcoaches filled with "purple" showed up at one event and swamped registration for over 2 hours. I just think that TIT does a poor job of organizing and informing their clients to ensure propper ettiquite at the events they attend.

I think now you need to prove that took place (with non altered photos, notorized and dated) and feel blessed that they would attend the race -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]

[/reply]

I'll help Chip out here. I was volunteering at a local Sprint race where there was a fairly significant contingent of TNTers. Some members of this group were handing out some type of drink substance not at the aid station. They had their own tent set up and were running back and forth between the tent and the course to hand out drinks only to the TnTers. This was at a particularly hot area of the course with no trees at all. This is outside assistance. When I asked them not to do this I was called every name in the book and told to not be such an elitist. To which I almost died from laughter as at that point I was finishing just ahead of the BOPers in my races. When I mentioned it to the RD, he didn't seem terribly interested and upon further reflection I can see why. There must have been about 40 of them there so if they get mad that he says something and boycotts his race, that is a significant amount of money lost.
Play by the rules or don't play at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am curious if you have ever attended meeting or training sessions or do you just complain, like most of the others, about the things that inconvenience you. As I and bluemonkey tri have said, TNT'ers are well trained and know the rules. Perhaps some groups do a worse job then others, but to convict all chapters and coaches is BS. Are there bad seeds? Of course. Read through this forum and see how many posts make triathletes sound like assholes who think they are better then all other athletes and especially better then newbies. Perhaps if you had attended a meeting or chatted with some TNT'ers instead of looking down your nose at them you would find out they have a choice of tris, marathons or cycling events and choose triathlons because they want to do one...just like you and me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply][reply]

For Example, I didn't think it was particulary funny when 3 motorcoaches filled with "purple" showed up at one event and swamped registration for over 2 hours. I just think that TIT does a poor job of organizing and informing their clients to ensure propper ettiquite at the events they attend. [/reply]

Awww, did little Chip get his feelings hurt? LOL

I think now you need to prove that took place (with non altered photos, notorized and dated) and feel blessed that they would attend the race -[/reply]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take some photos next year when I'm back at that site. It's happens every year I go there. Kid you not. Big white buses. Fancy too. Probably had TV's in them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you not notice the humor in the "prove it" post?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps if you had attended a meeting or chatted with some TNT'ers instead of looking down your nose at them you would find out they have a choice of tris, marathons or cycling events and choose triathlons because they want to do one...just like you and me.

Its hard to look down your nose at someone who has placed his [collective] self so high on a pedestal that they cannot bear any critism.

Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [jar1635] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're a great parent. Your child will suceed because you've taught her respect for herself, others, the rules and fairplay.

Congratulations!

B

"the only normal people are the ones you don't know"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I attended a meeting at a local shop just to see what was going on. Basically, there were the clients and the "leaders". The leaders were informing the clients about what to do, sort of like a teacher/student relationship and about a 1:10 ratio, going over the basics and the people had notepads. I had no interest in participating.

I have nothing against the individual clients of TIT. I'm pretty sure that the people willing to fork over a couple grand in the name of charity are good, honest, down to earth people.

My disdain is for the corporation and how it allows itself to be presented at these races.
Quote Reply

Prev Next