Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Deus ex Machina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]...willing to fork over a couple grand in the name of charity... .[/reply]

I got to this part and realized you have no idea what it's about, so I am wasting my time trying to discuss this.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
for Example, I didn't think it was particulary funny when 3 motorcoaches filled with "purple" showed up at one event and swamped registration for over 2 hours. I just think that TIT does a poor job of organizing and informing their clients to ensure propper ettiquite at the events they attend.

question: were they supposed to not register? first the whine is they dotn want to be treated like everyone else, now they whine is they register like everyone else

and if I am not mistaken they had to wait in the same 2 hour line that everyone else did

perhaps in this case the rd could have set up special tit registration but I dont think this is something that can legitimatley be laid at the feet of an overwieght newbie who is trying to do something because their niece or nephew got leukemia
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ironclm- feeling guilty? I never said any specific names, so you must be.

The funny thing is I have yet to see one response that actually refutes anything I have said, just a bunch of people acting like the "snob roadies" they whine about and making excuses to not help out the people they feel are such a horrible pox on the sport.

Guilty? No. You were painting everyone with a broad brush. I was giving you my experience. And you obviously missed my post where I state I do volunteer with newbies.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To rest the tone of this thread...

Seems like many people here think that it is okay to break the rules...is that the case? If so, I think we need to figure out what rules are not to be broken (headphones we know are out - but what about a deaf people? Are they banned for the same rational?)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No it is not ok to break the rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no my point id I never saw a bigger group of self centered whiners

perhaps since most flks here are so competent and superior you guys should set upa race where only the elite can go, where you have to qualify and only race there

oh wait a minute. there already is a race like that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am assuming you are talking about Memphis in May. Unfortutantely, the logistics of that race don't allow for esay access to the event site, especially for a large group of people. The only hotels big enough to house the TNT participants are downtown, since the race site is 45 minutes outside the city in a state park. TNT uses the only feasible method to transport everyone to the race site, where registration occurs. MIM is a huge race, the numbers involved in that race would be the roughly the same regardless of whether TNT sent a huge group. Frankly, the MIM RD's do an incredible job with registration, considering the number of participants. And the buses from TNT leave the hotel around 7am on Saturday morning to get to registration early, with the thinking that most people travelling into Memphis for a Sunday race will not be at the race site at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning.

If you are referring to another race, forget what I just said.
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [falk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
no my point id I never saw a bigger group of self centered whiners

perhaps since most flks here are so competent and superior you guys should set upa race where only the elite can go, where you have to qualify and only race there

oh wait a minute. there already is a race like that
So you are one who thinks that those of us who think all should follow the rules are elitist...so...that means you will break the rules at a race...do you limit your infractions to just Triathlon?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
self centered

That is exactly the problem many of us have with TNT.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only problem I have with ANYONE is when they break the rules. Registrations are what they are, but if smeone is breaking the rules at an event I paid money for to safely race, then I have an issue with that. Like I said before play by the rules or don't bother showing up.
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][reply]
Ironclm- feeling guilty? I never said any specific names, so you must be.

The funny thing is I have yet to see one response that actually refutes anything I have said, just a bunch of people acting like the "snob roadies" they whine about and making excuses to not help out the people they feel are such a horrible pox on the sport. [/reply]

Guilty? No. You were painting everyone with a broad brush. I was giving you my experience. And you obviously missed my post where I state I do volunteer with newbies.[/reply]

Interesting, because to me the phrase "some of you" which I used quite obviously does not names names or "paint everyone" so I'll just go with you feeling guilty about being a snob, since there is no other reason for your response

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So you are one who thinks that those of us who think all should follow the rules are elitist...so...that means you will break the rules at a race...do you limit your infractions to just Triathlon?[/reply]i can see that logic and rhetoric is your strong point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This, along with any thread that lasts more than ten posts has desinigraded into an un-winnable pissing contest. House, you may not like the way the message is delivered but, if so many people are complaining, isn't it possible that there is grain of truth to some of these issues? If there is, why don't the existing coaching staff not emphasize that the rules exist for a reason and that to break them only brings the whole (because it is highly visible, not because it's bad) organization into disrepute? Why not attempt to have people thrilled to see the purple wave show up. None of this is meant as a criticism just my own personal observation.

And Chip, well Chip is Chip and he is over the top...BUT .. he cites specific circumstances to back up his rant. He is also putting his money where his mouth is and putting together a race. And came up with a resonable alternative to the "group races". Ask him to add a wave to his race.

And for all of the attacking of KEJ, if any of you look at her posts, you would see she does her own fundraising thing. Lots of folks here donate time, effort and money (House, ask Chip about TSR sometime for an eye opening perspective on giving time and money and effort with little or no thanks...or worse) without making a big deal about it. It isn't "us against them".

The end result of all this is this (in my mind anyway), if you pay your money and enter a "race", you agree to abide by the rules of that race organization.

Not abiding rules = penalty (justice should be blind to the colour of the shirt)

Abide rules = no penalty.

J

P.S. before you tell me to go out and take on my own chapter, I have four competitive swimmer kids, one of whom has I.T.P and requires weekly blood checks and constant surveilance. My plate is full now thanks. Besides that, have you ever seen me swim? You do NOT want me intsructing anybody!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on now...I said follow the rules, as did others...you said we are elitist...so, what rules are we not allowed to break? Not rhetoric, you said we are wrong that we want all to follow the rules...please, what ones are mandatory and what are subjective to an individuals desire to adhere to?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
read back there bub I said self centered whiners

as far as they rules everyone should follow them however your logic fails in that you say since someone supposedly calls you elitist ( which if the shoes fits ) they are also saying that tit'ers shouldnt have to follow the rules

it is logically consistent ( and correct i might add) to say that tit'ers should have to follow the rules and that a fair number of the folks on here sound like a bunch of self centered whiners
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [JohnG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never said anything about following rules or not. I merely took offense to people who obviously and some admittedly who know nothing about TNT other then they wear purple and raise money and then decide to make all kinds of comments about ALL TNT coaches and participants.

When it comes to chip ans TSR, it is admirable, but I don't respect his attitude of picking and choosing who to give stuff to on a whim. Yes, I did talk to him and was told tough luck

About KEJ, I did not attack her I merely attacked what she said, because it was wrong and goes back to her attacks on TNT in that old thread. I think it's great she helps people and raises money, but it's shitty to go out of her way to rip TNT any time it's mentioned.

You're right it isn't "us vs. them" the problem is you are telling the wrong person. Do a search for TNT on this forum and you will see who really needs to learn that lesson.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply] so I'll just go with you feeling guilty about being a snob, since there is no other reason for your response[/reply]

Glad to know you are a mind reader. What an idiot.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think drafting on the bike and cutting buoys on the swim course should be up to my discretion.

Quote | Reply
How does your original post that started this whole thread have anything to do with the rules? I agree that rules should be followed, by everyone. But your original post never mentioned rules once, and therefore sounded elitist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
House, Cathy is as anti-snob as you can be. She is a tri goodwill ambassador, Mayor of Tri-Town and as involved as anyone. You're way off base.

Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cutting bouys really is cheating you could just start the swim like 10 mins early or so i mean you are at least still doin gthe whole course then.

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, you're an angry guy.

..And use the word "snob" a little more, it gets me horny big guy.

Love you !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever. RAISED a few thousand dollars to be part of the society.

I'm sure that Orca gave away free wetsuits, Marriot gave away free rooms, BikeTransport shipped the bikes for free, and the coach service gave free rides. Oh yeah, the RD comped the spots.
Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [Schmelv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is ST...we all have ADD, not sure what page it changed gears...

Quote Reply
Re: TNO excuses....WTF? [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No way man. If the rules are up to my discretion, those are my picks.

Prev Next