Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Realize that North Korea is developing nuclear weapons but currently does not have them on launchers or silos ready or pointed at any target. North Korea's leader also has a long history of posturing and bluffing. While this does not diminish the threat it needs to be taken into account while comparing N. Korea to Iraq. Hussein was a known dictator and terrorist supporter who used chemical weapons in the past and had them in his arsenal. He was more of a threat then anyone in recent history. A mad man with a known hatred towards the USA and the ability to support and launch terrorist activities against the USA and other countries of the world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I agree 100% about North Korea. The only problem is that this administration has squandered the massive goodwill the world community felt towards us after 9/11, and has severely damaged our ability to build such a coalition.
The only problem is that NK artillery could level Seoul if we attacked, not to mention what they could do with the handful of nuclear weapons we think they have. That country is ripe for regime change but we're not going to invade it.

In Reply To:
Realize that North Korea is developing nuclear weapons but currently does not have them on launchers or silos ready or pointed at any target. North Korea's leader also has a long history of posturing and bluffing. While this does not diminish the threat it needs to be taken into account while comparing N. Korea to Iraq. Hussein was a known dictator and terrorist supporter who used chemical weapons in the past and had them in his arsenal. YES, He used them in 1988, with the support of Reagan/Bush/Rummy. Once again, you LIE about him having them in his arsenal (one leftover does not an arsenal make). He was more of a threat then anyone in recent history. A mad man with a known hatred towards the USA and the ability to support and launch terrorist activities against the USA and other countries of the world. YOU LIE AGAIN! What terrorist activity did Saddam launch against the USA? Be specific.
Last edited by: cholla: May 18, 04 9:14
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [triguy42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, one last comment:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005096
"Survey Group head Charles Duelfer has testified to Congress that Saddam had built new facilities and stockpiled the raw materials that would have allowed him to produce such [chemical] weapons on a moment's notice once the international pressure was off. Insight magazine also reported this month that, in Karbala in central Iraq, U.S. forces found 55-gallon drums of pesticide, some of which were stored in a "camouflaged bunker complex." The alleged agricultural site just happened to be located alongside a military ammunition dump."
Registration is easy, free and worth it. They have excellent geopolitical news. Also Geostrategy-Direct.com (pay site) among others. What NBC/CBS/ABC report is hardly complete and sometimes innaccurate. I personally know the editor of CNN's evening edition of Headline News and he told me point-blank that he "struggles every day to force them to keep some semblance of objectivity" in their reporting. Don't trust what you see or read, from me or from others....look and learn for yourselves.

Mad
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I agree 100% about North Korea. The only problem is that this administration has squandered the massive goodwill the world community felt towards us after 9/11, and has severely damaged our ability to build such a coalition.
The only problem is that NK artillery could level Seoul if we attacked, not to mention what they could do with the handful of nuclear weapons we think they have. That country is ripe for regime change but we're not going to invade it.
Agreed. That's why diplomacy is used, to the point of there being absolutely no possibility of the problem being worked out, against nations that pose real threats. War should always be a last resort.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Realize that North Korea is developing nuclear weapons

NK already has nukes and is working on more. According to the CIA and the government of Japan, they have missles that can deliver a "small" payload to the Western US. KJI is every bit as dangerous as SH since he has what we feared SH would get. He is every bit as wacked as SH and he has no respect for the life of his people. I understand his history of threats which come almost daily but I wouldn't discount him 100%. There is a theory that you don't have to know how to fight, just act crazy and talk tough and many people will back away from the bluster. It is a dangerous game when you are talking nukes.

In addition, he has does do business with terrorists and has sold arms to OBL and is working with Iran on it's nuclear program. Whether he uses his own or not is just one problem. The other, equally terrifying threat is that he can help proliferate and sell these weapons to other countries or terrorist.

Last edited by: 5280: May 18, 04 9:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Realize that North Korea is developing nuclear weapons but currently does not have them on launchers or silos ready or pointed at any target. North Korea's leader also has a long history of posturing and bluffing. While this does not diminish the threat it needs to be taken into account while comparing N. Korea to Iraq. Hussein was a known dictator and terrorist supporter who used chemical weapons in the past and had them in his arsenal. He was more of a threat then anyone in recent history. A mad man with a known hatred towards the USA and the ability to support and launch terrorist activities against the USA and other countries of the world.

Please tell me that you are *ucking drunk, high on extasy and smoking a joint when you write these posts... otherwise I can only think that you are the clear result of Brainwash State University.

Notwithstanding, everyone in this forum should be allowed to express their views and thoughts, so why don't you enlighten us with another post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"YOU LIE AGAIN!"

That is pretty funny. I can picture you with you finger all up in Brian's grill. A bitter hiss in you voice.

"YOU LIE AGAIN!"

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  [/reply]
[b]Agreed. That's why diplomacy is used, to the point of there being absolutely no possibility of the problem being worked out, against nations that pose real threats. War should always be a last resort.[/b] [/reply]
Something that was tried again and again with Hussein but didn't work. He didn't heed our warnings and disarm, so he along with his sons and ruthless following were taken out of office. You can't say that he wasn't warned and you can't say we didn't try to work with and through the UN on this issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is kind of funny. Reminds me of a scene in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." Charlie and his grandpa go to Mr. Wonka to collect the lifelong supply of chocolate and Wonka goes nuts.

Ends it with "THEREFORE, YOU GET NOTHING...GOOD DAY SIR!"

Unfortunately, cholla is just full of hot air and nothing else..-
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
North Korea will be another country the world, lead most likely by the USA, will have to deal with...Theirs is a dictator with a tremendous track record of ruthless tortures and disregard for innocent human life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info and website, Triguy..

Hopefully others on this forum will heed your advice and come to realize that Iraq under Hussein was truly a dictator who had the ability to terrorize the world. Thankfully we have leaders able to stand up against such people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[/reply]
[b]Agreed. That's why diplomacy is used, to the point of there being absolutely no possibility of the problem being worked out, against nations that pose real threats. War should always be a last resort.[/b] [/reply]
Something that was tried again and again with Hussein but didn't work. He didn't heed our warnings and disarm, so he along with his sons and ruthless following were taken out of office. You can't say that he wasn't warned and you can't say we didn't try to work with and through the UN on this issue.

It didn't work? At the time that Bush declared that Saddam had 48 hours to leave Iraq (essentially a declaration of war), the inspectors were in Iraq, examining the same nothing that we have been examining since we invaded. The inspectors left because of Bush's declaration. http://www.cbsnews.com/...raq/main544280.shtml

All the evidence seems to indicate that the containment program was working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It is kind of funny. Reminds me of a scene in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." Charlie and his grandpa go to Mr. Wonka to collect the lifelong supply of chocolate and Wonka goes nuts.

Ends it with "THEREFORE, YOU GET NOTHING...GOOD DAY SIR!"

Unfortunately, cholla is just full of hot air and nothing else..-
Funny. You're the wuss who can't support any of his ridiculous claims.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
albright was making similar points on hannity and colmes--that he didn't understand why there was a need for such a quick entry into iraq when the weapons inspections were still on going and still making progress.

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Only an idiot or someone with an agenda thinks that the war in Iraq was about WMD-program-related activities, rather than the actual existence of WMD stockpiles that Rummy, Powell, Bush, & Cheney all stated Saddam had, that they knew the exact locations of such, and that they could be used against us in 45 minutes. Only an idiot or someone with an agenda fails to make the critical distinction between a dictator's aspirations and the actual threat he poses.
[/reply]

Funny that you reply with an opinion article from Kaplan of all people (did I forget to mention agenda?). Also funny that you neglect to realize that EVERYONE believed the intelligence. Even more hilarious is that you assign an opinion to me that I never stated, and in fact assert that I am an idiot based on your faulty reading of my post. Setting up strawmen to bravely knock them down does not constitute an argument. The war was about WMD programs, and I said as much if you had read it. The article you posted essentially supports my point. But regardless, the funniest bit is that you obviously have not read Kay's report, or the ISG reports, or UN reports. Sorry for not linking them, as I cannot do that. I linked that WSJ column because it is essentially accurate from the intelligence that I have received. And now I exit this conversation, as it is nearly impossible to argue facts with someone who obviously can't read and interpret my statements correctly.

Mad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply] The war was about WMD programs, and I said as much if you had read it.[/reply]

Interesting...

28 May 2003 Paul Wolfowitz declares: "For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue -- weapons of mass destruction -- because it was the one reason everyone could agree on."

23 Jan 2004 In an interview with Reuters, former weapons inspector David Kay is asked about the WMDs. He opines: "I don't think they existed. I think there were stockpiles at the end of the first Gulf War and those were a combination of U.N. inspectors and unilateral Iraqi action got rid of them. I think the best evidence is that they did not resume large-scale production, and that's what we're really talking about, is large stockpiles, not the small. Large stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons in the period after '95."

Have to say where I got these quotes

http://www.rotten.com/library/history/war/wmd/saddam/

Have good read - can you honestly say it sits comfortably with the honourables and doing what had to be dones and intelligence and "everyone believed it"s flying around??
Last edited by: goobie: May 18, 04 11:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, I have to say I actually laughed out loud when I read your post. I don't do that very often on this forum. That was very funny.

Cholla, maybe you need to settle yourself a little.
Quote Reply
NK train explosion highlights NK/Syria threat [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it appears that our ongoing discussion of the threat posed by NK and Syria comes to the front with the recent revelation that on board the train that exploded in NK were missle components bound for Syria. http://www.worldtribune.com/...bune/breaking_2.html

"U.S. officials confirmed a report in a Japanese daily newspaper that a train explosion on April 22 killed about a dozen Syrian technicians near the Ryongchon province in North Korea. The officials said the technicians were accompanying a train car full of missile components and other equipment from a facility near the Chinese border to a North Korea port"

Talk about an axis of evil.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Believe what you want but the facts speak for themselves. We're at war and you should support it....to do otherwise is treason.

Brian, I'm going to ask you politely to apologize for this statement.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Funny that you reply with an opinion article from Kaplan of all people (did I forget to mention agenda?). Also funny that you neglect to realize that EVERYONE believed the intelligence. Even more hilarious is that you assign an opinion to me that I never stated, and in fact assert that I am an idiot based on your faulty reading of my post. Setting up strawmen to bravely knock them down does not constitute an argument. The war was about WMD programs, and I said as much if you had read it. The article you posted essentially supports my point. But regardless, the funniest bit is that you obviously have not read Kay's report, or the ISG reports, or UN reports. Sorry for not linking them, as I cannot do that. I linked that WSJ column because it is essentially accurate from the intelligence that I have received. And now I exit this conversation, as it is nearly impossible to argue facts with someone who obviously can't read and interpret my statements correctly.

OK, you can post and run, but here are some FACTS for you:

1. You made the statement "Only an idiot or someone with an agenda...." I repeated your statement to show its absurdity.

2. The War in Iraq was about EXISTING WMDs, NOT "programs" or "program-activities". The latter are after-the-fact justifications for a failed war. The war was about an impending threat of the use of WMDs against the US. There has been no support for that threat. And yes, I have read the Kay report - and there is no support there, either. Some of the points you listed aren't in it, and otherwise it provides no evidence of any real, significant threats. If I'm wrong, why do I not hear the Bush administration speaking daily of the WMDs that justified war, per the Kay report? Answer: Because the support isn't there.

3. You might try reading the article I posted again (I made it easy for you, didn't I?). The article does not support your points - rather, it indicates that a careful reading of the Kay report yields little support for Bush's case for war and the existence of WMDs.

4. You state: "Sorry for not linking them, as I cannot do that. I linked that WSJ column because it is essentially accurate from the intelligence that I have received. And now I exit this conversation, as it is nearly impossible to argue facts with someone who obviously can't read and interpret my statements correctly." Fine. Your intellectual laziness, along with your blind acceptance of whatever the WSJ opinion editors tell you, is noted for the record.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just think that the pure venom dripping from a lot of people on this Iraq thing goes deeper then going against the war.

So you don't think it's possible that someone might actually be against the war because they're simply opposed to the war? They just have to be Bush haters, is that it?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [haennp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Tibbs, I have to say I actually laughed out loud when I read your post. I don't do that very often on this forum. That was very funny.

Cholla, maybe you need to settle yourself a little.
yeah, I laughed too. Obviously, I enjoy posting in the politics threads - but I have no respect for people who cannot support their views, particularly when those views are blatantly contrary to almost all of the evidence. Perhaps I'll try to stay away from those trolls in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [goobie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][.reply] The war was about WMD programs, and I said as much if you had read it.[./reply]

The Whitehouse seems to have moved on - why can't you? Anyone would think you had an agenda.[/reply]

I have moved on, to discussions with people who can at the very least read what I said rather than set up more strawmen and then lamely attempt to knock them down. Large stockpiles honestly was never the danger for most items because of degradation and various other reasons, it was the technical capacity to easily produce more. This has always been the central issue, and always will be. The White House knew that they could not discover the clandestine labs without control of the country, so pre-existing stockpiles were the only viable, verifyable target. It just so happens that they have found a lot more precursors than SH would ever need for honest uses. Skeptics and partisans will say it is irrelevant, but just how many tens of thousands of gallons of a particularly interesting pesticide do you need in a country that does not do a tremendous amount of farming? 30+ years worth?
Oh, and have you noticed that the railway explosion in NK on April 22nd was a military shipment of SCUD C and D missiles on the way to Syria? This is really, really old news, but is *finally* being outed in the Sankei Shimbun paper. Sigh...if only the media really knew everything they claim to be experts on.

Mad
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right. Bush made everything up! How blind I've been!!!

Thank you sooooo much.
Quote Reply

Prev Next