Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Found them today. Turn on your TV or look at any news website. It should be staring you right in your face.

Here's the link to the other article.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/...Article.asp?ID=13323

You state: "Found them today". What are you talking about? One remnant of ordinance with Sarin gas, that didn't hurt anybody? How, specifically, does that prove that Iraq possessed WMDs that were a threat to us here in the US?

You are delusional. Laurie Mylroie is a crackpot with little credibility. Don't agree with me? Well, apparently the Bush administration doesn't feel comfortable enought to go public with support for her and her theories.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/...003/0312.bergen.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Found them today. Turn on your TV or look at any news website. It should be staring you right in your face.

Here's the link to the other article.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/...Article.asp?ID=13323

No access to TV right now, but neither Google, CNN.com or CBSNews.com report any finding of WMDs at all. I've also checked the Herald Tribune, El Mundo and Bild, all European established newspapers which are not reporting any findings of WMDs today at all either. What I am reading is that a bomb containing sarin gas exploded today and that two people were treated for minor injuries.

In case you do not understand or know what WMD stands for I'll spell it for you: Weapons of Mass Destruction. Where was the mass destruction today???

As to your republican supported link... I will not belive much of what it says, the same way I would not believe much of what the left wing newspapers may say. Provide a trustworthy link.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't understand why you people won't open your eyes and really see what the world is about. The UN itself said Iraq possessed WMD and were in violation of demands that it disarm. The USA simply took charge of the situation and enforced the UN demands. We cannot and will not stand for atrocities like 9/11 to happen again. You can sit back and critisize all you want, but that still doesn't hide the fact that we are at war for good reason and will continue to fight those who jeopordize our freedom and safety.

To this I say...

"Now, git yer fat, liberal, film-makin' ass outta here or I'm callin' Con-doe-leeza!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I can't understand why you people won't open your eyes and really see what the world is about. The UN itself said Iraq possessed WMD and were in violation of demands that it disarm. The USA simply took charge of the situation and enforced the UN demands. We cannot and will not stand for atrocities like 9/11 to happen again. You can sit back and critisize all you want, but that still doesn't hide the fact that we are at war for good reason and will continue to fight those who jeopordize our freedom and safety.

To this I say...

"Now, git yer fat, liberal, film-makin' ass outta here or I'm callin' Con-doe-leeza!"

Actually, the UN said that it could not verify the existance of WMDs in Iraq.

The UN Security Council did not approve the invasion of Iraq by the US, UK and Spain. They voted against it.

So, the moral of the story is... if any country suffers a terrorist attack similar to 9/11, then, it should randomly pick a sovereign country, bomb the crap out of it, invade it and take it down the path of civil war.

So, what country do you suggest that Spain bomb the crap out of and invade after 3/11??? Enlighten us once again... please.

Dude, if I was you, I would get the facts right about UN resolutions and the Security Council, you are aiming way right and not hitting a single note.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Atta, leader of the 9/11 hijackers in the United States, met with Ahmed al-Ani, an Iraqi intelligence official.."

Here is another fact, Donald Rumsfeld met Saddam Hussein in 1983!! Maybe he was behind 9/11, perhaps we should band together and invade Washington to protect "freedom." I beleive 16 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi Arabian not to mention Osama Bin Laden himself so how about you draw some connections to Saudi Arabia before you draw them to Iraq.

As for the "WMDs" found today I don't think one canister of Sarin counts as the massive stockpile the conservatives (sorry I'm labeling) have been touting for over a year. Sarin can be made by any well funded terrorist group as evidenced by the 1995 Aum Shirikyo Subway attack in Japan. Why should we assume Al Qaida (isn't that who this war on terrorism is supposed to be against?) needs to go to Saddam Hussein, who allegedly did not like Bin Laden, to get their hands on the stuff? When we see a stockpile that is more then remnants from a 15 year old war then maybe I'll eat some crow.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [Fasttwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Believe what you want but the facts speak for themselves. We're at war and you should support it....to do otherwise is treason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for proving my point. You are a liar. You spout things that you want to believe are true, but you cannot provide any reasonable sort of proof, or respond to questions. If the discredited source you cited was believeable at all, surely even the rabid right-wing would be heralding them, too? Surely, this administration, starved for anything to validate the war in Iraq, would be screaming from the top of every rooftop "HERE, HERE IS THE PROOF!!!! SADDAM IS REPSONSIBLE FOR 9/11!!!! IRAQ IS A HAVEN FOR AL-QUAEDA!!!!!" But.........they're not doing that. Why do you think that is?

Can't you answer any of my questions head-on without resorting to meaningless bravado about how right the war is, blah, blah, blah? Your failure to do so only further weakens your "argument," if it could be any weaker!
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It could be any day really, but I think a day like today when "Fahrenheit 911" opens at Cannes is kind of slick.

It's also neat to see the "media" working the mass gay marriage thing, the school anniversary of school desegregation.......a significant day of news events, perfect for gauging how the "media" would treat another event that is just as important as the other two, but gets much less play.

Dearest Mojozenmaster,

Well, since you opened this can of warms.. I feel obligated to bring balance to your viewpoints. First of all, it sounds like you're suggesting the media is "sugar coating" the issue at hand (i.e. the discovery of what might be small traces of sarin gas). Well, lets role back the calender a few weeks shall we? Let me ask you this... What do you think we would call it if we stumbled upon some digital images of our "enemies" torturing our soldiers??? Stuck? allow me to enlighten you... We would call it "TORTURE" not this "Prisoner Abuse Scandal" label that seems to be the buzzword of the past few weeks.

Secondly, I think you might learn something from watching "Fahrenheit 911" (wait a second, if we get to see it! We live in a free society but the moral authority Disney is deciding what is suitable for our eyes) I'll be the first to say that Moore goes way too far to the left for my taste... However, from what i've heard. It shows the way war rips apart families on BOTH sides of the ocean. Furthermore, apparently we don't see him as much as in his previous work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[Believe what you want but the facts speak for themselves. We're at war and you should support it....to do otherwise is treason. ]

That was a really popular way of thinking in 1940's Berlin

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” — Theodore Roosevelt

It is our responsibility to speak out at what we feel is morally

unconscionable. Using the mantra "support the war or you're unamerican" is maybe the WORST thing a citizen could do. I support the troops, I hope they get out safely and are able to resume their normal lives. But we should never support a war because the administration, you and the Right Wing media say it is treasonous not to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Last edited by: 3Sport: May 17, 04 16:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are not at war and according to the consitutional definition the United States has not been in one since World War II, that said it is not treasonous to disagree with a war. Treason is defined as a crime against one's country such as waging war against it or by consciously aiding its enemies. Also for your information if people never disagreed with the government we would still be going to "separate but equal" schools and women wouldn't be allowed to vote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you remember the Iran/ Iraq war? It was fought because Saddam believe that religious fundamentalists were dangerous to his rule. Anyone suspected of religious fundamentalism was put to death, usually after some torture. It was the polar oppisate of Iran. The only time Iraq has had large numbers of religious radicals (al-quaeda), was after we invaded. There is no proof to the contrary, just speculation, passed off as truth by our government. As for the 80 tons of chemical weapons, most of them were probably destroyed. Two UN inspection groups came to the same conclusion, even after the united states tried to force the inspectors to say the weapons were there. So, Saddam was in compliance with UN resolutions (i.e. he allowed inspectors to inspect to their satisfaction, even after we snuck a CIA agent into the inspection teams, violating the UN protocols). This atmosphere of fear is dangerous, it can force people to go along with anything,

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering, Hitler's designated successor, before being sentenced to death at the Nuremberg trials. I do not care about the actions of today, but am scared on where this mentality of fear and violence will lead us.

welcome my son, welcome to the machine...
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [apolack1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and a few of the previous posters, myself included, are going WAY too far with respect to Brian286. We're attacking with logic, reason, and factual support.

That might be considered a cruel tactic to use against an unarmed man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a fantastic quote, sums it all up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why wasn't the UN shown where the weapons where destroyed?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My God, i was not aware robotic technologies have progressed so far, but apparently youve been programmed beautifully, never question, never investigate, just swallow everything youre fed. I like how you labeled michael moore a moron. Have you ever even seen his work? Ever heard him talk? Yes he's very liberal, but he uses evidence, something i wish this administration would use. "Ignore liberal bullshit" man, you even refuse to listen to opposing arguements, that is the most dangerous part of democracy, people who follow without question. IMO Thats un-American
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Atta, leader of the 9/11 hijackers in the United States, met with Ahmed al-Ani, an Iraqi intelligence official."

Even IF a terrorist meets a third person, it doesn't automatically make that third person a terrorist.

I met Bill Clinton, but I've never cheated on my girlfriend (and I never got a blow job from Monica Lewinsky).
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [WebSwim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like everyone who thought the WMD didn't exist really aren't up to eating crow even though the evidence is right before your eyes.

Want ketchup with that crow?

Sarin AND mustard gas has been found.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where/when did they find mustard gas? nevermind. go team. everything is splendid. go team.

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the administration's handling of the war would make any free-thinking person trust their word about finding a WMD? I'll chow down to a big ole plate of crow the minute I see a detailed plan from the Bath Party regime outlining their intentions to attack us.

Brian. Show us some compelling evidence that these 25-year-old artifacts are part of a comprehensive and (up until last year) coordinated effort to produce WMDs and delivery systems capable of attacking the US. I can tell you I'm the Duke of Kent, but unless I have documentation to back it up, I'm just spouting lies on a message board.

By the way, do our 15,000 pound daisy cutters count as WMDs? How about carpet bombs? Artillery barrages? Or is the WMD moniker just reserved for the weapons WE DON'T use?

From the Associated Press:

Meanwhile, the former top U.S. weapons inspector in Iraq, David Kay, said it's possible the shell was an old one overlooked when Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein said he had destroyed such weapons in the mid-1990s. Kay, in a telephone interview with The Associated Press, said he doubted the shell or the nerve agent came from a hidden stockpile, although he didn't rule out that possibility.

No one was injured in the initial detonation Saturday, although U.S. soldiers who later removed the round experienced symptoms consistent with low-level nerve agent exposure, said a U.S. official speaking on condition of anonymity.

In this case, it appears two components in the shell, which are designed to combine and create deadly sarin, did not properly mix upon detonation, the official said.

It was unclear whether those responsible for the attack knew it was a conventional or chemical round, the official said. The 155-mm shell did not have markings to indicate it contained a chemical agent, the official added.

U.S. officials believe, based on evidence, that the shell was an experimental munition produced before the 1991 Gulf War, called a "binary type," the official said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Last edited by: 3Sport: May 17, 04 17:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. A single shell that potentially contains Sarin Gas qualifies as the existence of WMDs? With that logic one could argue that a single idiotic statement makes someone an idiot. Pick your *someone*.
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [eastcoasttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dearest ECT,

Are you suggesting that I have been less than objective in my posts? Did you know it shows extremely bad manners to disagree with me on a political issue.....especially when you have no idea of WTF you are talking about?

(note to self; ((think)) "It's cool, I forgive you......")

Anyway, since we are keeping score in the area of mans inhumanity towards his fellow man, Can treat me to of a photo of an American Soldier sawing the head off of his Iraqi captive?

I would love to see it.

MZM

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [3Sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your post reminds me the last words of many a terrorist;

"Ohhh, SHITTT!!....it's a DAiSY CUtt........!!"

Anyway, Y'all prepare for this type of shit;

"it's no big deal"

"It might have been overlooked"

"It came from a 20 year old shell"

Allow me to say;

"I told you so"

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [3Sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have 30 yr old nuclear weapons in our inventory...does that make them less dangerous? The age of a weapon has no bearing on whether it's useful or not. Whether it's 1 yr old or a 100 yrs old was still under his control and still able to kill people. What comprehensive plan needs to be proven? The weapons and delivery systems were long in place and had been used before so there's no need to "prove" a plan...He was ordered to get rid of the weapons..and had not done so...the UN had even said it cannot confirm the removal of WMD by Hussein.

In addition..from Fox...

Iraqi Scientist: You Will Find More

Gazi George, a former Iraqi nuclear scientist under Saddam's regime, told Fox News he believes many similar weapons stockpiled by the former regime were either buried underground or transported to Syria. He noted that the airport where the device was detonated is on the way to Baghdad from the Syrian border.

George said the finding likely will be the first in a series of discoveries of such weapons.

"Saddam is the type who will not store those materials in a military warehouse. He's gonna store them either underground, or, as I said, lots of them have gone west to Syria and are being brought back with the insurgencies," George told Fox News. "It is difficult to look in areas that are not obvious to the military's eyes.

"I'm sure they're going to find more once time passes," he continued, saying one year is not enough for the survey group or the military to find the weapons.

Plus...this isn't some little firecracker they found...again from Fox...

"Artillery shells of the 155-mm size are as big as it gets when it comes to the ordnance lobbed by infantry-based artillery units. The 155 howitzer can launch high capacity shells over several miles; current models used by the United States can fire shells as far as 14 miles. One official told Fox News that a conventional 155-mm shell could hold as much as "two to five" liters of sarin, which is capable of killing thousands of people under the right conditions in highly populated areas."
Quote Reply
Re: Oh Oh!!! WMD - CONFIRMED!!!! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, you're so right, Tibbs. I was an avowed Bush hater, but now that WMDs have been definitively uncovered I am proud to admit I'm a Bush lover. He's so in control of his administration. He's just an honest guy doing an honest job. He acts with such conviction. He has done such great things with the budget surplus he inherited. He's done wonders for the environment. And he's made so many new friends around the world.

I want to hug him.

Aeromon (Aerobic Monster) - Pokomon's evil endurance junkie twin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
former weapons inspector david albright just said tonite on hannity and colmes this evening that he has seen no evidence of any transport of weapons to syria. he did say that he was surprised that more weapons had not been found(he had similar commentary as david kay with respect to having some left over shells), but that he did not see evidence nor believe that there were stockpiles of the extent that bush's administration was making out to exist.

but he's probably just committing seditious libel and treason.

and you are right, the age of the weapon has no bearing on its efficacy. it does, however, have a huge bearing on the statements made by bush and his assertions that iraq was continuing to develop wmd's....

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply

Prev Next