Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Well yes i believe there are close to a dozen athletes capable of going sub 8 in Kona, where Wurf is probably the least likely, but still not impossible.
Also just comparing his time last year doesn’t quite show the enrire picture, that would be like saying no way Frodo will podium since he went over 9h last year.

nobody has ever in the history of triathlon gone sub 8 hours at kona, and the list of guys who have on any course is still pretty small, and you think CLOSE TO A DOZEN are capable of going sub 8 at kona?

i want what you're having.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Aug 3, 18 12:50
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
On a lighter note, does anyone else find it funny that a thread titled "Lionel Sander....skinny" is the talk of slowtwitch?

I think "shredded" should have been in the title instead.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no one who is a chance of winning will care about wurf or starky. They are all about air time for the bike. Sanders, Frodeno Lange, Keinle is the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
no one who is a chance of winning will care about wurf or starky. They are all about air time for the bike. Sanders, Frodeno Lange, Keinle is the race.

Bradon Currie, Tim O'Donnell, Javier Gomez, Brent McMann, David McNamee

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [nbrowne1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry TO shouldn’t be on that list, he’s in retirement mode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanders obviously all about getting his bike air time...I have not seen a single LG in the wild.

Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year showed how close they are, conditions obviously play a huge role as well. Lange, Frodo, Lionel, Gomez, Nilsson, Wurf, Don (last years shape) are a few. If you put out a 250k bonus for a sub 8 i can almost guarantee it happens this year.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Soon as I seen this thread I knew it was heading for a double figure (no pun intended) post count...good old Slowtwitch! The geezer should have his own board on here.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [rudygt88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rudygt88 wrote:
got my money on Lionel for Kona 2018

Are they taking bets anywhere for this mate?

Reckon they'd do decent odds for Gomez.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [nbrowne1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nbrowne1 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Video to come..... :) Watch his youtube page for a video tomorrow.

Watched it. Awesome. Shows what a lot of the best athletes say. "Racing is the easy part." Keep up the great work Talbot!

I may have missed it from the video, but does anyone know why he's racing IMMT? I don't think he needs the KQ points and it's rare to do well in Kona on the back of a late IM.

Or is he skipping 70.3 worlds?
Last edited by: timbasile: Aug 4, 18 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i said sanders was the race with lange frodeno keinle. Starky and wurf can ride for t2
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
I don't think Frodeno minds a foot-race against Lange these days. That's pretty much exactly what he was aiming for in Frankfurt, before annihilating the Kona champ on the marathon.

Didn't Mark Allen used to spank Dave Scott all over the Circuit back in the day then come Kona he'd end up being Dave's bitch?

Not saying its exactly like for like but im sure you get my point.

Im sure Gomez throws an entirely new dimention to the run in Kona this year anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
i said sanders was the race with lange frodeno keinle. Starky and wurf can ride for t2
Meh, it's kind of bullshit. Pretty much any athlete is shilling for their sponsor, that's what pays the bills.

Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
nbrowne1 wrote:
talbotcox wrote:
Video to come..... :) Watch his youtube page for a video tomorrow.

Watched it. Awesome. Shows what a lot of the best athletes say. "Racing is the easy part." Keep up the great work Talbot!

I may have missed it from the video, but does anyone know why he's racing IMMT? I don't think he needs the KQ points and it's rare to do well in Kona on the back of a late IM.

Or is he skipping 70.3 worlds?

Yeah I saw that he does state the Kona is the goal and the main focus. Maybe he's testing things leading I to Kona and doesn't Destroy himself which knowing Lionel is hard to do.

Another hypothesis is that his mom is racing Tremblant and is trying to qualify for Kona so maybe he wants to race at the same time???

Either way I hope this doesn't mess up his race in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
tessar wrote:
I don't think Frodeno minds a foot-race against Lange these days. That's pretty much exactly what he was aiming for in Frankfurt, before annihilating the Kona champ on the marathon.

Didn't Mark Allen used to spank Dave Scott all over the Circuit back in the day then come Kona he'd end up being Dave's bitch?

Not saying its exactly like for like but im sure you get my point.

Im sure Gomez throws an entirely new dimention to the run in Kona this year anyway.

Except A) Frodeno lost once to Lange so far, on his worst-ever Kona performance - so if anything, Frodo is the "Scott" and Lange the "Allen", and B) I don't think Americans understand the prestige Frankfurt holds for German athletes.

Gomez only has one IM under his belt which went similar to Frodeno's first, so who knows. Frodeno wasn't quite the same calibre of ITU competitor, but that doesn't mean they'll be ranked similarly at the Ironman distance.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
rudygt88 wrote:
got my money on Lionel for Kona 2018

I want to agree, he was pretty damn close last year and I'm pretty sure he's improved on a number of facets of his game.
  • His swim has seen a big improvement, is it enough to make the first pack, not sure.
  • I think he will be more efficient on the bike.
  • He's heading down to Chicago for testing at the Gatorade sports endurance lab next week to improve his hydration, so nutrition and hydration should be more dialed in.

Frodo is looking scary fast, Gomez will be in top shape, Lange will be ready, this year is going to be very exciting!!!

Hey, all I want to say is that Cementbottle made a post about Lionel and Kona and Sebi was not even mentioned and he mentioned all the run studs....I think if Cementbottle does not post about the bike studs, we better just shut down ST permanently.

Slowman, time to lock up this entire forum. It's over. Cementbottle is talking about run studs....ST as we know has formally ended.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just surprised no one has expressed their outrage over the clear case of skinny shaming.

Is it because skinny is not bad. Fat is and everyone knows it but it isn’t PC to say it?

I should have typed it in pink...
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Sorry TO shouldn’t be on that list, he’s in retirement mode.

TO just won a 70.3 today.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Looks really lean. Still has a hitch in his run. Looks painful.

Has anybody figured out why he has that hitch in his run? Is one leg shorter than the other or something? One of my legs is slightly longer than the other and I have to be careful how I run to keep from getting injured. Or does he have a power imbalance or something?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Sanders obviously all about getting his bike air time...I have not seen a single LG in the wild.

I have a friend who has one of their road bikes.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know that running is different than tri but still. I just saw Mo Farah here in St. Moritz. Now that is skinny.

Sanders looks incredibly fit and in form and ripped and with low body fat and lighter than in other years. But I think it is not skinny skinny.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Looks really lean. Still has a hitch in his run. Looks painful.

Has anybody figured out why he has that hitch in his run? Is one leg shorter than the other or something? One of my legs is slightly longer than the other and I have to be careful how I run to keep from getting injured. Or does he have a power imbalance or something?

I've done a lot of reading on this and how you change someone's form. After having watched a lot of the bullshit Taren criticism videos after Kona (in which he didn't really go after Lionel over his form, but went after Daniela? LOL WTF)

Changing his running form so that it would be bio-mechanically sound may not be worth it unless he was really careful. And by careful I'm talking about a solid 6 months break down and work up that established good running form before he raced on it. Because if you don't do it that way, you change his form and he races he could end up hurting himself and actually end up slower. That being said, he looks like he limps through races. (I wish I could limp that fast too)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if his power on the bike has remained the same with the drop in weight? Should help his heat dissipation. I believe his run form is just what it is.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
I wonder if his power on the bike has remained the same with the drop in weight? Should help his heat dissipation. I believe his run form is just what it is.

Doing 8 min intervals at 400+ watts and weighing in at 154 lbs is pretty good. Seems like he’s still putting out pretty high watts to me.

Folks are talking about his running form, but his bike fit still pains me. Maybe a visit to the A2 wind tunnel with some of the aero camp guys would do him well.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Shambolic wrote:
Did he even do upper body weights? I haven't for twenty years and I am naturally solid and carry upper body muscle I would love to lose. It seems diet is a big part with people going vegetarian makes a big difference. I saw a picture of him on my facebook feed tucking into two bowls of salad and he looks gaunt.

If he's been deadlifting (which I believe he mentioned in a video), he's been doing upper body. And lower body. And whole body.

Shambolic wrote:
he looms to have gone full vege to me especially looking at his face.

"Face of a vegan." Title if someone's (auto) biography sometime in the near future.

Brandes wrote:
Serious question

Is there any information on Frodo's weight last year compared to previous years? Ive seen these comments a lot and wondered if i missed any factual proof that he was lighter compared to previous years.

Of course not. All this vegan and body weight/BF% talk is the usual ST BS. To even engage would be madness. See them throwing all sorts of hypothesis for Frodo's mishap last year and ignoring that he was clearly (and admittedly) injured even before the gun went off. Shrug.

oscaro wrote:
one of the things that has made Froome successful is being near race weight all year so he doesn't have to do heavy cutting a few weeks before. Really don't see an issue.

We know from their own accounts that with the US Postal diet of test and HGH Armstrong and Hamilton had to literally starve themselves and fill their stomachs with water to get by and hit their race weight. Good thing today's methods improved so much that athletes can be not only in race shape half 3 months off, but even year-round. Naturally.
Last edited by: Thorax: Aug 6, 18 4:22
Quote Reply

Prev Next