Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Also, shameless plug for the front page story: Knibb Dominant, Defends IRONMAN 70.3 World Title

Thank you for highlighting how bad that broadcast was. It was flat out embarrassing for a World Championship of any kind.

Updated mens picks:
Margirier
Blummenfelt
McKenna
Last edited by: Lagoon: Aug 26, 23 9:07
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a chance the men's 70.3 record time goes tomorrow as well? Not sure what the time was or the course but must be in sight for some of the guys
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
It'd make the screen too damn busy to have it all the time, but IM occasionally does do an F1 style overtake graphic of where they project a catch to happen based on current pace.

itu does it extremely well without making the screen too busy.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
rrheisler wrote:
Also, shameless plug for the front page story: Knibb Dominant, Defends IRONMAN 70.3 World Title

Thank you for highlighting how bad that broadcast was. It was flat out embarrassing for a World Championship of any kind.

Updated mens picks:
Margirier
Blummenfelt
McKenna

I was so pissed the stream quit on me but then I found it on YouTube and then ironman put it on YouTube.

Have to get it right, outside tv most be paying alot to get the stream but even then I paid for subscription and lost out.

I don't get why everyone is always so critical of the announcers? Of course they are different they are different people . You won't like them all the same.

jake kelly is like troy Aikman he stays a ton and everyone only remembers a few predictions he made and all the ones he was wrong on they forget, but it's fun.

Craig talks like he is in their head at the moment and what they are thinking ad going through etc in a calm matter.

I like macca the best as he does a bit of it all. plus talks about history a lot to fill in the newer audience.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the Outside watch app on my phone (mirroring to an TV) and it worked ok other than never wanting to see Lady Gaga ever again. I don’t get the 1-2 minute montages of outdoor scenes - we f-ing know what we are using to watch, so why put that up. At least have the race in a small window on the side. I hope it’s better for the men tomorrow.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Impressive race by Taylor. But she’s got to work on her nutrition a bit. She’s dominant enough she can afford a porta potty stop, but it won’t always be like that. It may be a year or two but someone else is going to close the gap to her and she won’t be able to give up that time anymore if she wants to win. And if she ever steps up to a 140.6, that weakness will amplified even more. You can get away with a lot in a 70.3, but those weaknesses get really exposed in a full.

Did she say she had nutrition issues. She was only in the john for 25 seconds? and never slowed down. I think she just had to have a break and knew how much time she had maybe a closer race she doesn't stop?

I didn't watch each minute yet but she seemed to never take anything at the aid stations so maybe in the cold she overfilled on the bike and was overloaded on the run and the bladder???

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On that end, from Outside:

Quote:
Outside sincerely apologizes to followers of Outside Watch, fans of IRONMAN, and the triathlon community at large for today’s broadcast outage on our website, [/url]which prevented viewers who tuned in to that channel from enjoying a thrilling women’s IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship race.
We experienced technical breakdowns that were isolated to the website and did not affect the live broadcast in the Outside Watch app or FAST channel. Unfortunately, the website issues disproportionately affected European viewers, and we support IRONMAN’s decision today to shift the web feed to its IRONMAN Now platform.
As passionate fans of triathlon, we’re deeply disappointed that we couldn’t bring viewers full race coverage across all of our channels, and our engineering team is working feverishly to resolve the problem.

To help fans who were unable to view today’s race, we’re making the full replay free to all users, whether or not you’re an Outside+ subscriber, along with a two-hour recap show.

IRONMAN's also announced that the race will be available on IM Now, as well as Outside Watch. So just plan on going to ironman.com/live tomorrow.

And for the record, the app didn't work here, either. So the whole "it was just our European users impacted by the app outage" line from Outside was laughable.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
West just announced he’s out due to illness picked up at Singapore. Said he’s lost about 4kg. Sucks with him racing so well recently.

That’s a TON of weight to lose for anybody - for a pro triathlete already in peak form, that’s terrifying. Hope he gets better soon.

Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
stevej wrote:
Impressive race by Taylor. But she’s got to work on her nutrition a bit. She’s dominant enough she can afford a porta potty stop, but it won’t always be like that. It may be a year or two but someone else is going to close the gap to her and she won’t be able to give up that time anymore if she wants to win. And if she ever steps up to a 140.6, that weakness will amplified even more. You can get away with a lot in a 70.3, but those weaknesses get really exposed in a full.

Did she say she had nutrition issues. She was only in the john for 25 seconds? and never slowed down. I think she just had to have a break and knew how much time she had maybe a closer race she doesn't stop?

I didn't watch each minute yet but she seemed to never take anything at the aid stations so maybe in the cold she overfilled on the bike and was overloaded on the run and the bladder???

She didn’t specifically say. Same thing happened in St. George last year. Maybe it’s a cold thing?

I’m just a firm believer if you need to stop for a restroom break, you didn’t nail your nutrition. It seems to be there’s an opportunity for her to work on and fine tune. But 70.3’s aren’t her priority so I get that it may be towards the bottom of her list.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still mopped the floor with everyone. Paula is 7:30 back in 5th place? Ass kicking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Triathletetoth wrote:
stevej wrote:

She didn’t specifically say. Same thing happened in St. George last year. Maybe it’s a cold thing?

I’m just a firm believer if you need to stop for a restroom break, you didn’t nail your nutrition. It seems to be there’s an opportunity for her to work on and fine tune. But 70.3’s aren’t her priority so I get that it may be towards the bottom of her list.

Ok so if you win the 70.3 worlds by a large margin and have to pee you must have done it wrong.

If you hold your bladder till the line and lose a few seconds per km running while holding it you did it right ?

Just bugging.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
stevej wrote:
Triathletetoth wrote:
stevej wrote:

Ok so if you win the 70.3 worlds by a large margin and have to pee you must have done it wrong.

If you hold your bladder till the line and lose a few seconds per km running while holding it you did it right ?

Just bugging.

Continuous improvement

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Triathletetoth wrote:
stevej wrote:
Triathletetoth wrote:
stevej wrote:

Just bugging.

Continuous improvement

What is really left to improve on, has she even been pushed at the run pace in the pto and 70.3 worlds. If she can improve more that would be amazing given the law of diminishing returns.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
stevej wrote:
Triathletetoth wrote:
stevej wrote:

Just bugging.

There's an old saying for those racing Kona. If you're appropriately hydrated you should pee by Hawi which is the halfway point in the bike. So needing to take a nature break after the bike especially on a coolish day would seem to fit into that hydration philosophy. Of course she could have just wet herself but why do that with a many minute lead.

YMMV

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so are they saying the mens race on Sunday will be available on youtube and or IMLive? I was reluctant to subscribe to outside+ for obvious reasons...I'm certainly not signing up after that just to watch the mens!

John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:

Quote:
Outside sincerely apologizes to followers of Outside Watch, fans of IRONMAN, and the triathlon community at large for today’s broadcast outage on our website, [/url]which prevented viewers who tuned in to that channel from enjoying a thrilling women’s IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship race.
We experienced technical breakdowns that were isolated to the website and did not affect the live broadcast in the Outside Watch app or FAST channel. Unfortunately, the website issues disproportionately affected European viewers, and we support IRONMAN’s decision today to shift the web feed to its IRONMAN Now platform.
As passionate fans of triathlon, we’re deeply disappointed that we couldn’t bring viewers full race coverage across all of our channels, and our engineering team is working feverishly to resolve the problem.

To help fans who were unable to view today’s race, we’re making the full replay free to all users, whether or not you’re an Outside+ subscriber, along with a two-hour recap show.

IRONMAN's also announced that the race will be available on IM Now, as well as Outside Watch. So just plan on going to ironman.com/live tomorrow.

And for the record, the app didn't work here, either. So the whole "it was just our European users impacted by the app outage" line from Outside was laughable.

in their defense, they say 'disproportionately," not "only." i'm all in for kicking IM/outside on this fiasco, but let's kick them for the right reasons.

at this point i think IM are doing a great job hammering nails into their own coffin. PTO/ITU are looking dangerous, superleague is still interesting, challenge is putting on a staggering show in roth . . . and IM seem to be stumbling from one failure to the next. the press they have gotten lately has been for all the wrong reasons. the race is lahti will be good, but some key names are missing and it seems to me they really, really need for nice/kona to be slam-dunks. and to have some great ideas in the off-season.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

Quote:

in their defense, they say 'disproportionately," not "only." i'm all in for kicking IM/outside on this fiasco, but let's kick them for the right reasons.

at this point i think IM are doing a great job hammering nails into their own coffin. PTO/ITU are looking dangerous, superleague is still interesting, challenge is putting on a staggering show in roth . . . and IM seem to be stumbling from one failure to the next. the press they have gotten lately has been for all the wrong reasons. the race is lahti will be good, but some key names are missing and it seems to me they really, really need for nice/kona to be slam-dunks. and to have some great ideas in the off-season.

I think you are wrong here in that Ironman is hammering their coffin.

So far the complaint are about outside tv which Ironman gets paid by. Ironman quickly got it on you tube for free.

Too many commercials which Ironman get paid for! They suck but it’s business. Super Bowl has lots of commercials and we aren’t missing more video of Knibb biking ahead of everyone.

Second tier pros were the talk two weeks ago, we just saw the best females race for less money.
Why they has to race, even with 5 pto races a year they would need more to make a living with this travel and training schedule.

I think a few are easily influenced by those paid by pto to push the narrative about pto vs Ironman right now.

Plus lots of people sucked ass on their last Ironman and blame Ironman not the fact they just didn’t do the right work etc.

But the reason you haven’t heard about a bike death or swim death in pto is no age groupers are racing them.

Pto Edmonton had 200 athletes at $200. The local tri club race has More.

Notice the same blame game is not happening about everyone getting sick in Singapore. Long even said “ like everyone is quit about it” told how to push the message, controlled.

You guys want the money , bow down and ….

Remember Sam last year post worlds 70.3 vs now. They all know although pto is good you have to work for them, Ironman is contract work take what you want when you want it.

If an Ironman race had all the pros sick it would be taking about so much blah blah blah.

Itu and pto just had two races with illness issues and water quality and the Same talking heads are numb to it. You do know jack kelly is paid by pto.

I mean he just slammed the same people commentating today that he was working with 3 weeks ago. He is becoming the tucker of triathlon.

Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [jlafren42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. No Outside+ if you don’t want to.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did Simmonds have behind her BTS bottle? It’s like a fin.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amnesia wrote:
monty wrote:

Really funny that the announcers are dancing all around the word PTO, Hardly even mentioned those races, and when Matt did, called them the race in Singapore and Milwaukee. Really poor form, just makes them look really petty and petulant. Wonder if the orders came from up above..

I wonder how they felt about Ben (from memory) saying he would donate his race winnings to the Challenge Family charity thing.
It is pretty petulant if they have been given orders like that. Nothing comes as too much of a surprise these days I guess.

Ben was talking about Challenged Athletes Foundation that Bob Babbitt started. It helps disabled athletes.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Amnesia wrote:
monty wrote:

Really funny that the announcers are dancing all around the word PTO, Hardly even mentioned those races, and when Matt did, called them the race in Singapore and Milwaukee. Really poor form, just makes them look really petty and petulant. Wonder if the orders came from up above..

I wonder how they felt about Ben (from memory) saying he would donate his race winnings to the Challenge Family charity thing.
It is pretty petulant if they have been given orders like that. Nothing comes as too much of a surprise these days I guess.

Ben was talking about Challenged Athletes Foundation that Bob Babbitt started. It helps disabled athletes.

Thanks for that, I only just caught it and thought I heard "Challenge" not "Challenged".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And an athlete would stop at a portajahn to do a number one, or something more substantial? Horrors. #sskmehowigottonice@imcda

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a toolbox that I believe that Wattshop is the one working on it. I checked their Instagram and when someone asked when it was available Dan Bigham said "all to be revealed soon". This was in February.

What I can tell is that it is an iteration of the double Elite Crono CX Bottle that they had for the Sub 7 Sub 8 project so that people can have a more aero round bottle in that position.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not catching what you’re throwing here?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SO anyone staying up for the mens race today? I got sucked in too late last nite and payed for it today, but looks like you can pause the YouTube feed and then watch it in the morning when you get up, so just swim and some bike for me tonight. And an on time start will help too..

Sounds like a lot of guys are sick, Jason out and Blu with a cork in his ass and Sam with the Hershey squirts. I know wrong thread, but maybe Lionels day to pick up the sick pieces!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next