Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti)
Quote | Reply
Checked twice and can't find another thread on this (mods feel free to merge/delete if I've overlooked)

If anyone can post the start list (who has better IT Skills than me?)

Really intrigued to see how Pierre Le Corre goes, there are some FAST swimmers on that start list that could make this a difficult race for ST favourites Lionel and Sam Long.

An absolutely potential mouth watering battle between Ryf and Knibb to look forward to.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack Kelly says that Gustav is out.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOMEN
BIB NAME COUNTRY
1 Taylor Knibb USA
2 Paula Findlay CAN
3 Emma Pallant-Browne GBR
4 Daniela Ryf CHE
6 Holly Lawrence GBR
8 Jackie Hering USA
9 Laura Philipp DEU
11 Tamara Jewett CAN
12 Anne Reischmann DEU
15 Kat Matthews GBR
16 Marjolaine Pierre FRA
18 Ellie Salthouse AUS
19 Danielle Lewis USA
20 Rach McBride CAN
22 Caroline Pohle DEU
23 Pamella Oliveira BRA
24 Anna Bergsten SWE
25 Ai Ueda JPN
26 Olivia Mitchell IRL
28 Charlene Clavel FRA
29 Lucy Buckingham GBR
30 India Lee GBR
31 Maja Stage Nielsen DNK
33 Imogen Simmonds CHE
34 Almelia Watkinson NZL
35 Girgia Priarone ITA
38 Laura Jansen DEU
39 Hannah Berry NZL
40 Emilie Morier FRA
41 Daniela Kleiser DEU
42 Alexia Bailly FRA
43 Anna Noguera Raja ESP
44 Lottie Lucas ARE
45 Kaidi Kivoioja EST
46 Kate Curran GBR
47 Tiina Pohjalainen FIN
48 Lisa Gerb DEU
49 Justine Guerard FRA
50 Sarah Bishop USA
51 Julie Iemmolo FRA
52 Eloise du Luarte FRA
53 Laura Addie GBR
54 Nikita Paskiewiez FRA
55 Brittany Higgins USA
56 Bruna Stolf BRA
57 Amy Cymerman USA

MEN
BIB NAME COUNTRY
1 Kristian Blummenfelt NOR
2 Ben Kanute USA
3 Gustav Iden NOR
4 Frederic Funk DEU
5 Miki Taagholt DNK
6 Jackson Laundry CAN
7 Thor Bendix Madsen DNK
8 Sam Long USA
9 Jason West USA
11 Pierre Le Corre FRA
14 Justus Nieschlag DEU
15 Jordi Montraveta Moya ESP
17 Lionel Sanders CAN
18 Steven McKenna AUS
19 James Teagle GBR
20 Menno Koolhaas NLD
21 Filipe Azevedo PRT
23 Kacper Stepniak POL
24 Mike Phillips NZL
26 Rico Bogen DEU
27 Franz Loeschke DEU
29 Dylan Magnien FRA
20 Adriano Engelhardt CHE
31 Jack Moody NZL
32 Nicolas Mann DEU
33 Mathis Margirier FRA
34 Matt Hanson USA
35 Bart Aernouts BEL
36 Matt Trautman ZAF
37 Jan Stratmann DEU
38 Youri Keulen NLD
39 Tomas Rodriguez Hernandez MEX
40 Alessandro Fabian ITA
41 Jonas Hoffmann DEU
42 Ognjen Stojanovic SRB
43 Andrea Salvisberg CHE
44 Marc Dubrick USA
45 Mitch Kibby AUS
46 Martin Ullola CHL
48 Antony Costes FRA
49 Charine Quin AUS
50 Dylan Gillespie USA
51 Igor Amorelli BRA
53 Jack Sosinski AUS
54 Joshua Lewis GGY
55 Robbie Deckard USA
56 Jorgen Gunderson NOR
57 Gonzalo Fuentes ESP
58 Maximilian Sperl DEU
60 Nick Thompson AUS
61 Kye Wylde AUS
63 George Goodwin GBR
64 Richard Varga SVK
65 Benjamin Zorgnotti PYF
Last edited by: Lagoon: Aug 21, 23 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Women
1.Knibb
2. Ryf
3. Findlay

Gentle, LCB and Haug missing...girls who competed in Singapore might have tired legs

Men
1. Le Corre
2. Blummenfelt
3. Margirier

Funk is my underdog. I don't think the US trio can recover in time from PTO (West, Kanute, Long). Kristian might feel last weekend madness.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ryf will catchup with and pass Knibb, but Knibb will run her down.

Knib
Ryf
Findlay

Blu
Le Corre
Sanders

The race dynamics in both races I think should be one of the most exciting races of the year.
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m rooting for LS as usual. He should get on the podium so he lets people know that heā€™s not going down easily.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm mostly curious if Paula Findlay can ride with Daniella. I think if she can, she can win the whole thing. If Daniella is on form, she'll bike hard enough to take the speed out of the legs of the fast runners. It'll then be a race of who can run the best on tired legs.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TomvdS wrote:
I'm mostly curious if Paula Findlay can ride with Daniella. I think if she can, she can win the whole thing. If Daniella is on form, she'll bike hard enough to take the speed out of the legs of the fast runners. It'll then be a race of who can run the best on tired legs.

if the imperial version of daniela shows up, no woman in the sport can ride with her, period. she biked a 4:22 at roth, putting 12 minutes in lisa norden in the process.

some years back, jurgen zack rode a 4:14 at roth and that was considered an insane time for the man who was easily the strongest rider in the tri. ryf's closer to jurgen than the other women are to ryf. . .

on the other hand she had a stretch of inconsistency there, so we don't which version of her will show up. as always with daniela we'll know halfway through the bike whether she's winning totally untroubled, or finishing way down the list.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
TomvdS wrote:

if the imperial version of daniela shows up, no woman in the sport can ride with her, period. she biked a 4:22 at roth, putting 12 minutes in lisa norden in the process.

some years back, jurgen zack rode a 4:14 at roth and that was considered an insane time for the man who was easily the strongest rider in the tri. ryf's closer to jurgen than the other women are to ryf. . .

on the other hand she had a stretch of inconsistency there, so we don't which version of her will show up. as always with daniela we'll know halfway through the bike whether she's winning totally untroubled, or finishing way down the list.

I think Knibb will be able to keep up with Ryf and might lead the whole race from around mile 10 of the bike. I'm going with:

1. Knibb
2. Ryf
3. Findlay

For the men:

1. Blummenfelt
2. West
3. Long

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can someone point me to a live cast (on YouTube) ?
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
TomvdS wrote:

I think Knibb will be able to keep up with Ryf and might lead the whole race from around mile 10 of the bike. I'm going with:

1. Knibb
2. Ryf
3. Findlay

For the men:

1. Blummenfelt
2. West
3. Long

It's going to be very interesting, I wouldn't put money on Ryf being able to drop Knibb, I think they'll come off the bike together, maybe Ryf will have taken enough out of Knibbs legs that we get to see a bit of a battle on the run otherwise Knibb will certainly have the faster run. (Knibb usually take a couple of miles to find her run legs anyway)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If both are in form, and Daniela has no off day, until T2 ist will be really interesting. Then i guess Taylor will run awayā€¦ maybe Laura is not too far behind, (riding with Paula?!) and can catch Daniela on the runā€¦

Knibb, Phillip, Ryf

For the men Blumi is the unknownā€¦ Yet i think he will do ist again, making ist even shittier that he was cramping in Milwaukeeā€¦

The dark horse for me is Nieschlag. I expect a strong performanceā€¦

Blumi, Nieschlag, le corre.

So far my daring picks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
TomvdS wrote:

1. Knibb
2. Ryf
3. Findlay

For the men:

1. Blummenfelt
2. West
3. Long

That would be a dream day for me if it goes down like that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think Vargas swim has been where it was for a few years now, but if he got it back, how much time can he put into Lionel and Long??
Last edited by: Jackets: Aug 22, 23 15:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2013 Champions Kienle Hauschildt
2014 Chmpions Gomez Ryf
2015 Champions Frodo Ryf
2016 Champions Reed Lawrence
2017 Champions Gomez Ryf
2018 Champions Frodo Ryf
2019 Champions Iden Ryf
2021 Champions Iden LCB
2022 Champions Blum Knibb

I don't remember much about last year's race, maybe I've got to re visit, I could have swore 2021 was last years result, had it in my head LCB was the Champ.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:

Who's the guy in the middle with the beard and arms crossed???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He"s the guy that got 2nd in the world championship last year to the guy on the left....
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
He's the guy that got 2nd in the world championship last year to the guy on the left....

Ah, Sam Laidlow. Thanks, just have not seen that many pics of him. So who are you picking??? I think Knibb is going to take Ryf out. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Knibb
Ryf
Matthews

Le Corre
West
Margirier
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
Knibb
Ryf
Matthews

Le Corre
West
Margirier

Ah, I had not noticed that Le Corre is racing in this event. He was 4th in Paris with a 29:16 10K so he's def got the run cred. Good pick!!! And you seem to be thinking Blu's legs will just be too tired to bring another winning performance???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He'll very likely prove me wrong, but he's gotta run out of gas at some point, right?! Also, give me Lionel for a top 5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So who are you picking??? I think Knibb is going to take Ryf out. :) //

Well you know there were two world champs last year, so there is that. I really hope Ryf is on this race, as I think between her and Knibb it could go down to the wire. No one else could take her to the last mile if she is on during the bike, but going to have to go with Knibb on recent form. She is outrunning some of the fastest in the sport, and with a lead off the bike too. There is a scenario where they start the bike together too, or at least in the same minute, that is going to be money for that 56 miles for sure...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championships 2023 (Lahti) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of recent form - thereā€™s more recency bias in this thread than there are people in India šŸ˜‚

A few people (Iā€™m not saying you) should look up ā€œreversion to the meanā€ as well.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply

Prev Next