Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cost aside, any additional benefits to your case versus the BBA Aero Easyfit?
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [Bryan!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know thier case so I don’t want to comment on it.

With ours it’s made of ABSPC - super light and strong- two fixed and 2 swivel wheels, 3 wheel cavities with tire protectors and wheel bags, no need to disassemble your base bar, no more zipper, 4 buckle latch system with combination and TSA locks. The bike is strapped 3 ways so it is suspended inside the case. Rim or disc brake compatable.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
It will be about the same 22lb. With my large Tactical, 3 wheels, kit, helmet, shoes and a few tools it’s just under 50 lbs.

Thanks. My current case I need to pack my seat post and saddle separately to make it under 50.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at Indoor Trainers.

Either the Tacx Neo 2T or the Wahoo Kickr (v6 or Core).

My bike being built will have SRAM Force AXS.

My understanding is that regardless of whether I go with the Kickr or Neo 2T, I also need to buy the XD/XD-R (type 2) free to support it.

I asked Garmin, but they weren't much help at all.
Last edited by: AgMatt: Nov 20, 23 13:04
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly on the inventory part! We are definitely on the slim side of inventory. Still a struggle to get some items when we want them, but thankfully it seems we are only about a 1-2 month delay now vs the 6 months plus about a year ago!

We have a sale going on too. One of our biggest discounts of the year as a way of saying a HUGE THANKS for supporting our small family run business!

25% off site wide on both XLAB and Dawn To Dusk gear
Promo code: Cyber2023

Plus any orders over a certain order amount, get free ground shipping too!

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [AgMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also in the market for an indoor trainer.
I have an Orbea Ordu disc and wondering what is compatible.
Looking for direct drive.
Not fussy on a certain brand.
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I left my saucony endorphin pro 3 shoes in my shopping cart at saucony.com, intending to order later, and saucony e-mailed me a 15% off code. very nice, with free shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All boxes are $30 off at Custom Bike Xcessories with coupon code blackfriday2023
https://custombikexcessories.com/products

Argon 117/119

Blue Triad

BMC TM 01

Canyon Speedmax CF

Canyon Speedmax CF 7/8 Disc

Canyon Speedmax CF SLX

Cervelo P5

Cervelo P5 disc

Cervelo P3

Cervelo P Series

Felt IA

Felt DA/B12/B16

Giant Trinity

Parlee TTiR

Parlee RZ7

Specialized Shiv Tri

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My book, Triing: A Journey of discovery, challenges, and camaraderie while racing in 50 States and the continents beyond, is now discounted by 25% ($5.00! and no code needed) through Cyber Monday at Amazon:

Triing: A Journey of discovery, challenges, and camaraderie while racing in 50 States and the continents beyond.: Morris, Doug: 9798848193657: Amazon.com: Books

It’s a chronological story of how to create racing adventures to experience personal and professional achievements in sports, family, and different cultures with amazing people. Persistence and resiliency at crucial moments helped overcome challenges like life changes, limited training, missing bicycles, panic attacks, and more. And yes, some luck helped also.

Triing is a motivational read for triathletes, parents, siblings, professionals, or volunteers. And includes unique content about relatives or friends with special needs—lots of excitement at a cost of less than those crummy add-on aktive fees incurred when signing up for races.
And for people not too keen on triathloning, it offers some escapism entertainment. Readers will relate to stories that can influence their life's outcomes to achieve goals once thought unattainable.

Self-published through Palm Trees Ahead, LLC. All gross profits to date--and the foreseeable future--benefit under-served/over-achievers involved in intellectually disabled organizations.
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quinny98 wrote:

You live in the mid atlantic area? I have a Saris H3 I bought and used 2x. (first world problem-I bought 2...1 for rim brake bike and one for disc brake).
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they have a persons size Merlin has some good clothing prices on all manner of things. I bought three bibs originally $125 for $50 and a LS jersey half off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m looking for a deal on lactate meter - anyone got anything?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quinny98 wrote:

Per DCR's post yesterday the Wahoo Kickr Core is now going to be $500 as its normal price, or $600 with a cassette and a year of Zwift. So seems like the choice is basically that for most folks, or for the next level up, the Tacx Neo 2 is currently $900 ($500 off) on REI and Amazon.
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
If they have a persons size Merlin has some good clothing prices on all manner of things. I bought three bibs originally $125 for $50 and a LS jersey half off.

Same deal in the Super League Store. 50% off on all technical clothing. Got a bib+shirt for €110 including shipping. The trisuits were originally quite expensive (€250) so even the half off offer didn’t entice me to buy (as I don’t really need another trisuit) but it could appeal to someone who is indeed looking. (Just careful with the Warriors, Eagles, etc. team trisuits as they have no diapers, ugh).

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Nov 22, 23 3:04
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [avatar78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I just watched DC’s video.
I think I’m going to go with Zwift Hub One.
Seems like the right way to go. It will work for my Ordu and my daughters 26” Devinci Rocket
Last edited by: Quinny98: Nov 22, 23 5:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any pics of the new case? The zipper, IMO, was the only thing I don't love about the case; otherwise, it's freaking fantastic.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet. The rest of the cast looks the same other than 4 buckle locks.

I have added internal pieces around the edges that create the overlap so one side of the clamshell fits into the other side.

I’ve added full wheel bags as well as the tire protectors to add additional layers between the wheels and the side pads and the bike.

The other change is to make it compatible for six brake wheels as well as rim brake wheels.

Dan Kennison

Last edited by: dkennison: Nov 22, 23 5:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
We will have the following on Sale:

Code: STBFPB -20%

All Optimized Chains

All 700c wheels

New Gen 3 Hard Travel Case – This new case is currently in production and will be in stock in about 60 days. This Black Friday Sale is for Pre-Orders.

The new case eliminates the zipper and adds an internal overlap when closing the case. We are utilizing a high quality “TSA/Key lock buckle system” on 4 straps to secure case closure. The size of the case is the same (accepted by all airlines) and is made from super strong and light weigh ABSPC. Leave your base handle bar intact (max 42cm) or remove and pack to the side if its wider. Will fit and brand bike size SM – XL.

3 new full wheel bags and 3 tire protectors for further protection, 3-wheel cavities with misc. parts bag and two full height side protection panels. The website has the old version images.

https://www.premierbike.com/...cts/bike-travel-case

Code: BlackFriday1 = - $100.00 For international orders please contact us for shipping rates and duty costs.

Got front wheel and rear disc with 20% off

Code STBFPB

Which have tested very good according to our resident aero tester

SUPER happy!

Just used the code STBFPB
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [AgMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AgMatt wrote:
I'm looking at Indoor Trainers.

Either the Tacx Neo 2T or the Wahoo Kickr (v6 or Core).

My bike being built will have SRAM Force AXS.

My understanding is that regardless of whether I go with the Kickr or Neo 2T, I also need to buy the XD/XD-R (type 2) free to support it.

I asked Garmin, but they weren't much help at all.

Yes. You need the XD/XD-R freehub for the Neo 2T. From what I can see online, they are being sold with HG freehubs. My wife is a Garmin dealer and she can select the freehub option when ordering a Neo trainer. So, maybe look around for a local dealer offering the sale price so you can pick the freehub coming with the trainer.

ETA: after checking direct from Garmin it looks like the price bumps up $103 for the SRAM freehub. This sucks but it still saves $30 over buying it separate: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/701670
Last edited by: SummitAK: Nov 22, 23 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checking is the STBF23 code from the front oage active yet?
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [TCoBGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes - I turned it on an hour ago.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals:
Swimming:

Cycling:

Triathlon/Cycling Apparel and Accessories:

Running and Nutrition:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quinny98 wrote:
Seems like the right way to go. It will work for my Ordu and my daughters 26” Devinci Rocket

I just overanalyzed my entire purchase after my V3 Kickr died last week. The Zwift Hub is definitely the right choice. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Hub after Wahoo HQ told me (in writing) that 9,000 is a reasonable life span of a Kickr unit. I really thought they'd last longer.

With that said, I did end up with a new V6 Kickr, however only because my LBS stepped up. When I told them what happened with Wahoo (long story), they offered me a V6 basically at cost (a little over). That put the V6 and Hub almost at the same price. The LBS basically did what Wahoo should have done.

I'm still not sure about my decision. I love the idea of virtual shifting, and the V6 Wi-Fi doesn't really work. I've only done a couple of rides on it, but the Wi-Fi never stays connected. I'm also not sure about buying another Wahoo product. I figured if I didn't like it, I could dump it in Marketplace. V5's are selling more than what i paid for the new V6.

Enjoy the new trainer.

Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
Quinny98 wrote:

I just overanalyzed my entire purchase after my V3 Kickr died last week. The Zwift Hub is definitely the right choice. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Hub after Wahoo HQ told me (in writing) that 9,000 is a reasonable life span of a Kickr unit. I really thought they'd last longer.

With that said, I did end up with a new V6 Kickr, however only because my LBS stepped up. When I told them what happened with Wahoo (long story), they offered me a V6 basically at cost (a little over). That put the V6 and Hub almost at the same price. The LBS basically did what Wahoo should have done.

I'm still not sure about my decision. I love the idea of virtual shifting, and the V6 Wi-Fi doesn't really work. I've only done a couple of rides on it, but the Wi-Fi never stays connected. I'm also not sure about buying another Wahoo product. I figured if I didn't like it, I could dump it in Marketplace. V5's are selling more than what i paid for the new V6.

Enjoy the new trainer.

For what it's worth, I've been waiting for my Kickr V1 to die and it refuses to do so! It lives in a garage, is subjected to lots of temp and humidity swings (place is a steamroom after I'm done working out, and in the AM the condensation is bad enough to have shorted out my treadmill twice) but it just keeps on cranking.

I was hoping to upgrade, but friggin' thing is lasting forever! I use a lot too, like 3x/wk on average, all my hard sweatfest intervals are done on it, so I'm not babying it either. I've done zero maintenance on it either, haven't even wiped it off more than once.
Last edited by: lightheir: Nov 22, 23 15:01
Quote Reply
Re: How are potential Black Friday sales shaping up? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had a lot of people reach out telling my the 9,000 mile thing is low and that they do last longer. Wahoo was just trying get out of helping me in any way. They spent a month deflecting my problem before admitting that it was my kickr and then told me they can’t sell me any parts or tools to fix my Kickr or even offer me any type of discount to buy replacement kickr. I contacted HQ and they are the ones who put in writing that a Kickr dying at 9,000 is a reasonable outcome.

My LBS stepped up when they didn’t have to.

Prev Next